XIOM OMEGA VII Asia

says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
So anyone using it? What is your opinion about it?

Using it in black 2.0 version on my backhand for about a month... so far, I like it, before I was using Tenergy 05 max on my backhand, and it's still my favorite for Apolonia blade, but the price is killing me, so sometimes I tried something cheaper in a hope it can replace 05 for me to a tolerable level... and OMEGA VII Asia is the best "05 replace" for me so far, actually I like it so much that already ordered red max OMEGA VII Asia for my forehand (why max? because tried to play 2.0 on my forehand and it had very good control, but not enough power compared to Rasanter R50 which I use on my forehand, so decided to try max version).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

Reactions: akoozab and langel
Is Omega VII Asia actually that much cheaper? Web shops over here offer it for €57,90. That money will just about get you a slab of Tenergy as well.
It depends... In my case, yes, it's about 15$ cheaper, because It's possible to buy XIOM with a discount from tabletennis11 (cost me about 44$ through group order with a few friends, to make max discount) for example, but no discounts for Butterfly, it's not actually possible to buy Butterfly from them directly at all for me, because of strict diler politics of Butterfly, so the cost for Tenergy for me is about 60$ at the lowest...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
You can still get reasonable discounts on ESN rubbers if you dig deep enough. I've got a sheet of O7A on the way at the moment (£32), hoping to get it glued before a session this week. Haven't picked up a bat for quite a while.

Much harder to get any discounts on Butterfly still. Official vendor here is £57. Big difference, despite Xiom's attempt to push for a high retail on the O7 line.

Now playing OMEGA VII Asia [2.0] on both sides... wanted max on FH, but seller mixed up and I didn't want to wait again for a few weeks for him to change it, so decided to just take 2.0 rubber... and actually, it might be for the better, done one training with reassembled racket and actually the thing with not enough power on FH with 2.0 version of rubber is not that much of a problem, at least at close and middle distance from the table, but control is great, so will try to play with this assembly of a racket for a couple of weeks and then will decide to change 2.0 version of OMEGA VII Asia (return to Rasanter R50 or buy max version of OMEGA VII Asia) on my FH or I'm fine with it...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I had a session last night with O7A (Black, Max) on my usual blade with the intent of replacing R47 on my FH side. My first impression is that it's a great rubber. I'm a fan of O7P (and I'm surprised that so many people don't seem to like it), but O7A sorts out the one issue I had with O7P which was a drop in arc/spin on harder strokes (same kind of thing I found with EL-S as well).

It seems to be pretty different to O5A though. I can still get more spin out of O5A via a thin brush, but O5A is more sensitive to incoming spin and can be a bit of a handful.

To me, O7A feels very close to a harder-sponged O7P, as opposed to a continuation of O5A. If you don't like O7P then O7A probably won't change your mind, but I really took a shine to it last night and it was obvious that I was getting more spin out of it on harder FH strokes in comparison to the O7P and R47 I had on my backup blade, while not having much to adapt to in the short game, so it feels like a win-win right now. A few more sessions to go before the new season starts here so still some time to commit to it.

Reactions: Geoch and vvk1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
I had a session last night with O7A (Black, Max) on my usual blade with the intent of replacing R47 on my FH side. My first impression is that it's a great rubber. I'm a fan of O7P (and I'm surprised that so many people don't seem to like it), but O7A sorts out the one issue I had with O7P which was a drop in arc/spin on harder strokes (same kind of thing I found with EL-S as well).

It seems to be pretty different to O5A though. I can still get more spin out of O5A via a thin brush, but O5A is more sensitive to incoming spin and can be a bit of a handful.

To me, O7A feels very close to a harder-sponged O7P, as opposed to a continuation of O5A. If you don't like O7P then O7A probably won't change your mind, but I really took a shine to it last night and it was obvious that I was getting more spin out of it on harder FH strokes in comparison to the O7P and R47 I had on my backup blade, while not having much to adapt to in the short game, so it feels like a win-win right now. A few more sessions to go before the new season starts here so still some time to commit to it.

So, how does it compare to Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 48? Your mytt review was rather glowing, thought your made your choice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
So, how does it compare to Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 48? Your mytt review was rather glowing, thought your made your choice.

I had two really bad sessions with the Nexxus. It was back during the crazy heatwave we had so could have been down to humidity, or me being on the verge of passing out or whatever, but I just couldn't hit a barn door with it. It put me off a bit!

Nexxus has an amazing loop arc - it really stands out from the other recent ESN releases I've tried - but it seems a bit too demanding for my skill level. I'll have to give it another go, but I can't argue with how much easier to use I find R47, Hype KR and Omega 7.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
I had two really bad sessions with the Nexxus. It was back during the crazy heatwave we had so could have been down to humidity, or me being on the verge of passing out or whatever, but I just couldn't hit a barn door with it. It put me off a bit!

Nexxus has an amazing loop arc - it really stands out from the other recent ESN releases I've tried - but it seems a bit too demanding for my skill level. I'll have to give it another go, but I can't argue with how much easier to use I find R47, Hype KR and Omega 7.

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for clarifying.

I say keep it. O7Asia has everything you would want for a Tenergy alternative.
So far, so good, so probably would do just that... Maybe just a coincedence, but at a local weekly amateur tournament yesterday I took 2-nd place, even got a bit of prize money (about $15, if exclude admission fee of about $7, I still got about $8 ;) ), I regularly play on this tournament for a few years and at best I was 3-rd and it was when I still played pimples, which at a level of this tournament is a bit of cheat... so, again, maybe just a coincedence, but showed most of my best performances yesterday of the tournaments I played with two inverted rubbers, and maybe O7A contributed something in this success :D

Reactions: yogi_bear
I`m O5 Asia user 2 mm on FH for almost two years and wonder how O7A is compared to it.
Could someone compare both of them

I finally odered O7A and next week will put them on one of mine Vega Tour blades, the other will stay with O5A for now, so I'll make a direct comparison. The old set of O5A I'll put on the Rosi Emotion blade to cmpare it too. Wiil post my personal feeling.

Reactions: AndySmith
I`m O5 Asia user 2 mm on FH for almost two years and wonder how O7A is compared to it.
Could someone compare both of them

Asia is harder at about 52.5 degrees i think. Closer to tenergy 05fx

I already had my first session with Rossi Emotion + Omega V Asia, but will write about it later, because I have some mixed feelings, need to get more experience.
Today I will have my first session with Xiom Vega Tour + Omega 7 Asia and compare it directly to Xiom Vega Tour + O5Asia.
Impressions will come next week, to be more precise.