XIOM OMEGA VII Asia

Left a short review on O7A rubber page at equipment section: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/equipment/rubbers/18588-omega-vii-asia

I think that if I had never played with Xiom Omega rubbers I would have the same feeling as in this review.
While I have a long experience with Omega 5 Asia and O5Tour, I"ll compare the new O7Asia to them.

Many things will fit with the review of yogi_bear, some may not, but you have to understand that Any review is a matter of personal feeling and evaluation.
The sponge of O7A is rated harder than the sponge of O5A, but because of the specifics of the rubber sheet it doesn't feel harder with finger pressing. O7A is lighter and my second Vega Tour blade paired with it is 4 gr lighter. As both my Vega Tour blades are 84 gr this reduction of weght is very sensible. During my first session I had very mixed feelings, but I know that these tensors need some 4-5 hours of just "hitting" before they get able to reveal their real character. So on the third session I started tpp feel O7A almost the same as O5A in AR over and near the table. The touch with it is with the same accuracy, but I miss a little the hinoki feel which is better with O5A. I didn't have to adjust anything in angle and power in this AR play. O7A has more spin than O5A and it is visible from the start with the first service. Till now I've played with O7A only with my son, he makes a lot of spin, but I didn't have the feeling that O7A is more sensible to incoming spin, I haven't thought about that at all, may be I'm just too familiar with his spin, have to check this with other players later.
At mid distance O7A starts to feel more different than O5A. With stronger hits it has more power. My deaper shots and those to the corners started to go out, so I had to adjust drive and angle, and in longer distance - the total swing. The O7A changes the arc of the trajectory faster and more unlinear than O5A with the inrease of power. The trajectory is going flatter, similar to O5Tour. Still the change of ball acceleration feels linear as with O5A. Stronger strokes with sharp topspin go with very flat trajectory, like they have no spin at all, but when the ball nocks the table, it sinks down with an acceleration, making it impossible to block and almost impossible to counter. Chopping is easy and a little bit higher than with O5A, but lower than with O5Tour. Sharper faster slices are easier too. Returning chopped balls is a little bit different than with O5A - over the table its almost the same as, slow balls close to table can be lifted the same way too, but lifting faster balls and attacking balls need adjustment - you need faster and longer vertical lift over the foreward move when lifting, and when attacking you have to take the ball earlier and to adjust the angle and/or the wing depending on distance and power. I don't think that its because of a more incomming spin sensibility, but because of the trajetory change with more power.
So up to now I think that O7A is a real upgrade to O5A. Its a little bit faster, has a little bit more spin, keeps the good feel and touch in AR and has some of the best characteristics of O5Tour. Once you get familiar with, it can be a dangerous weapon.

Yes, exactly. Xiom Vega Tour is not hard and has a very good mellow hinoki feel, its stiffer than middle-flexy, but is not stiff too. Amongst all blades I've used I feel it as the best for me to use with O5A. I like it very much with O7A with the only remark that O7A gives me less of the hinoki feel with softer touches.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 2 reviews
xiom o5asia compared to 07asia

Yes, exactly. Xiom Vega Tour is not hard and has a very good mellow hinoki feel, its stiffer than middle-flexy, but is not stiff too. Amongst all blades I've used I feel it as the best for me to use with O5A. I like it very much with O7A with the only remark that O7A gives me less of the hinoki feel with softer touches.
Xiom07asia l am using this now for a ------long while since l bought 4 sets [8 rubbers from a trade stand test used one hr only very cheaply ] l used 05asia before that for a few months and tenergy 05 before that it was hard to ajust from tenergy 05 very bouncy spring sponge and very high arc ....can get the ball to go medium pace with short swing but found less confidence going all out on swings,, with 07 asia one has to swing fast lower arc hard sponge gives confidence faster ball is better more control on push esp fast push and serves l am adjusting and loving 07A compared to 05 Asia its a far harder sponge on 07A pushes and blocks are better lower arc but much faster does also have more spin [don't know how that works with the lower arc and more spin ? ] its harder for opponents to block ...so my risky buy paid off so far !!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Nexxus has an amazing loop arc - it really stands out from the other recent ESN releases I've tried - but it seems a bit too demanding for my skill level. I'll have to give it another go, but I can't argue with how much easier to use I find R47, Hype KR and Omega 7.

Hi Andy, can you please compare the O7A and the KR? I‘m looking for a slightly harder and slightly more biting but with nearly the same easyness in use.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I don't know about KR but OVII Asia is a big disappointment. Very difficult to generate spin with. It just doesn't shine with anything....I know what most people will say, I also thought it was me but after I gave it to two pros(ex 5th and ex 14th in Belgium) to try it I know it isn't just me

I don't know about KR but OVII Asia is a big disappointment. Very difficult to generate spin with. It just doesn't shine with anything....I know what most people will say, I also thought it was me but after I gave it to two pros(ex 5th and ex 14th in Belgium) to try it I know it isn't just me

That is opposite on what have been observed here. I gave it to a young college level. Player and a lot of people wpuld complain that it is very spinny if you are in the receiving end.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
BTW the pro players were generating lot of spin of course, but they were not happy about the general feeling and ease of that rubber. It that regard they definitely liked more the O7P which was on the other side. Nothing to do with the hardnest