Blade for beginner to develop technique

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hi,
I started training table tennis for 2 months and now I would like to buy a good equipment that would help me develop my technique
I´ve read that Yasaka Sweden Extra is a good All around blade for beginners, but unfortunately it isn´t at the stores where I live. Neither is the Stiga Allaround Classic blade.
On the other hand, I haven´t seen many reviews about Yasaka Sweden Classic, but it is available and I get get it for a good price

Would you recommend me buying the Yasaka Sweden Classic? And would you recommend combining this blade with two H3 rubbers?

My other options are: Stiga Infinity V, Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive, Joola TPE

Sorry if I made some grammar mistakes

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I've been in your position time ago, and I became in a EJer before to realise it, so under my humble opinion you need a 5 ply wood limba-ayous blade, don't get a carbon blade because the sensation is awesome but it doesn't help to develop the correct technique and makes you lazy,
Examples blades:
Donic Appelgreen All play
Butterfly Grubba/ Primorac
Yinhe e3/e4
despite to have spruce it had a very good sensation and flexibility, it's in the quality butterfly blades
Hi,
I started training table tennis for 2 months and now I would like to buy a good equipment that would help me develop my technique
I´ve read that Yasaka Sweden Extra is a good All around blade for beginners, but unfortunately it isn´t at the stores where I live. Neither is the Stiga Allaround Classic blade.
On the other hand, I haven´t seen many reviews about Yasaka Sweden Classic, but it is available and I get get it for a good price

Would you recommend me buying the Yasaka Sweden Classic? And would you recommend combining this blade with two H3 rubbers?

My other options are: Stiga Infinity V, Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive, Joola TPE

Sorry if made some grammar mistakes

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Yasaka Sweden Classic is a great blade and has the limba ayous combination mentioned above. It's very similar to the Appelgren Allplay. I'd jump at it.

As far as rubbers go I've not used this particular ones but if expect them to be fine. For something softer that blade would be nice with Lkt XP Pro or Galaxy Mars II.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hi,

The Yasaka Sweden Classic is just what you need at the stage you describe.

H3 is a good rubber, but it is rather slow. The Sweden Classic is a rather slow allround blade, in combination with H3 you will have to work very hard to get pressure on your hits. If that is what you want, go for it! If you want something a bit friendlier/easier/livelier, you might want to start with something like Yasaka Mark V, Xiom Vega Intro or -Pro, Gewo Nanoflex FT40.

Reactions: Ioiettino
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
I would second the Donic Appelgren ALLplay. Used it for 1-2 years and then moved to composite blade.

All-round blade which lets you develop good ball feeling, doesn't add it's own speed... you get what you put.
Also make sure you pair with similar rubber, Mark V is a good option

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I would suggest a Butterfly Petr Korbel or Primorac blade. It has a great feeling and it is also not that fast. Go with Sriver or Mark V.

Reactions: eyepop
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I would suggest a Butterfly Petr Korbel or Primorac blade. It has a great feeling and it is also not that fast. Go with Sriver or Mark V.
The new korbel doesn't have the same flexibility than earlier version, it feels stiffer I tried more than 20 korbel, Japanese and European. If you don't have experience with any blade, better flexier as Grubba. Or Donic Appelgreen All play, very good option.
Mark V is good option, but Yinhe rubbers not tensor are cheaper and same quality.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
In the end I bought the Donic Appelgreen Allplay blade (the only All+/off- I found with penhold grip model), with H-3 Neo for FH and Yasaka Mark V for BH.
Thank you all for your suggestions
It really helped me

Last edited: