CNT No More?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Rumors have it that CNT as it is now will be dismantled after the Asian Games late this month. Players play for their clubs or provincial teams. Team will be assembled for big events like Olympic or world championship based on competitiveness.
Not sure if these rumors have legs

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
heard also, it comes from a reporter Zhangzhaoyang, he just posted that it will comes big news after asian games, but he didn't said what is it.and days before, Zhanglei went back to team Beijing from CNT, he discovered ML and DN.

so there goes the rumors.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Well, they don't have anyone to replace long/xu xin/FZD at the top. Though FZD still has a lot of great years ahead of him.
All the new players all seem to lack the brilliance. Certainly noone is as brilliant and distinct as xu xin, ma long or FZD in style and ability.

So no biggie.

Reactions: jedimasterplk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Well, they don't have anyone to replace long/xu xin/FZD at the top. Though FZD still has a lot of great years ahead of him.
All the new players all seem to lack the brilliance. Certainly noone is as brilliant and distinct as xu xin, ma long or FZD in style and ability.

So no biggie.

for now that's right, but for the future, it's hard to say.

ML wasn't so brilliant before 2014, lose to Timo, often lose to WH, miss the oppotunity to London Olympic single game. ZJK is the same age as ML(1988), ZJK succeed much earlier than ML. but look at them now...

Maybe there will be another late bloomer like ML, or maybe another teenager genius like FZD suddenly appares, who knows that, let's see.: )

and if CNT dissolve, it will be a disaster especially for the young players...

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I wonder if someone tin the natiponal sports ministry GAS thinks the CNT costs too much and they will dominate the sport without it? I have no special knowledge, just throwing out a conjecture. Is this happening to other sports if it is happening at all?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Did you guys believe 2012 phenomenon?

Zhang Jingyang, the CCTV Sports reporter specialized in swimming did not say CNT will be dimsissed. He said there will be breaking news about CNT.
Wang Yiwei, Tecent Sports reporter said she didn't hear any breaking news about CNT.
Li Wujun and Zhou Dao, CCTV Sports specialized in TT didn't say anything.

Zhang Lei, ML and DN's provincial coach, is never a CNT coach.
Zhang Yang, XX's provincial coach, now becomes a CNT men's team coach and will coach CNT Asian Games warm up tournament later this week.

How do rumors spread? Hmmmmm

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Haha. That reminds me the dark old days under CZH. Malin chased after BY, considered by many as one of the four ping pong beauties at the time, and got the girl. But Olympic was coming, not to jeopardize ML’s chance of winning metals, CZH removed BY from the national team. Two years later in the world championships, BY paired up with LGZ and got into the mixed double final. The other pair? Malin and WangLan! In the late stage of the deciding fifth game, BY went for a kill, ML countered back, the ball hit the lower edge. But the point was awarded to ML/WL. BY protested and ask ML for clarification. But ML didn’t say anything, the call stood, and eventually BY/LGZ lost. BY cried in the award ceremony. ML .....

Great that means Ding Ning will be available to date foreigners.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
If the Chinese super league performs as well as NBA or NHL, then this idea of not having a permanent national team is not that far fetched. But I don’t it’s going to happen though.

Did you guys believe 2012 phenomenon?

Zhang Jingyang, the CCTV Sports reporter specialized in swimming did not say CNT will be dimsissed. He said there will be breaking news about CNT.
Wang Yiwei, Tecent Sports reporter said she didn't hear any breaking news about CNT.
Li Wujun and Zhou Dao, CCTV Sports specialized in TT didn't say anything.

Zhang Lei, ML and DN's provincial coach, is never a CNT coach.
Zhang Yang, XX's provincial coach, now becomes a CNT men's team coach and will coach CNT Asian Games warm up tournament later this week.

How do rumors spread? Hmmmmm

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Even more Wangs.

I once had 5 graduate students working for me with family name Kim. From Korea. Once back aroun 2000 I had a class of 50 undergraduate students 15 of whom were named Nguyen. Lots of Vietnamese in Houston!

Last edited: