How to get tickets for TT games?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Read 1 reviews
Hello guys!

I absolutely love to watch table tennis matches and would like to know if it's hard to go and watch a big table tennis championship with the top players. A World Tour for example. Sometime in the future I might travel to another country (I was thinking Japan, June of next year) and I wanted to get the chance watch table tennis matches live, at the place where the championship is going to be. For that reason I wanted to know if anyone here has ever watched any international table tennis championship live. If anyone has any experience, I'd also like to know how you can do that and would also like if you could give me any advice.

Questions:
How and where can you buy tickets?
Is it expensive?
How hard is it to get the tickets?
Depending on the "ticket", can you watch the pros more closely or watch them practice?
I'd really love to watch a World Tour Event, but I do not know what I should do.

Thank you very much!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
Tickets usually go very fast at big championship events like the world championships so you need to be quick. Usually the ITTF has a ticket section on their website which links to the online store where you can purchase the tickets. World Tours should be pretty easy to get tickets over there.

Reactions: GusShnaps
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Read 1 reviews
Tickets usually go very fast at big championship events like the world championships so you need to be quick. Usually the ITTF has a ticket section on their website which links to the online store where you can purchase the tickets. World Tours should be pretty easy to get tickets over there.

Thanks for the tip! Do you know about how much time in advance I should buy the tickets?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Read 1 reviews
I still have questions that weren't answered, could anyone help me?
How much time in advance are the tickets available to us?
Where can I buy them [(other than on the ITTF website) I didn't find the "ticket" section, could anyone help me?]
Can we get to meet or see the players practicing depending on the type of ticket?

This user has no status.
Everything depends on the tournament.

For example, I was at the Czech open recently. (Im from Czech republic).

If you would have wanted to visit it:

Book your flights to Ostrava, then get by train to the Olomouc (hall is literaly few minutes from the main railway station). Book your hotel (lot of hotels around).

On the czech table tennis association official webpage you could book your tickets (however its not necessary in my opinion) for about 2-3USD/day. On the other tournaments there is a website link for tickets reservation on ITTF webpage. Tickets are available a week or so before tournament (on some could be more than a week).

Then you can just visit entire hall encluding practise hall as well as playing hall.