Who do you think will win the Czech Open?

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Tomokazu Harimoto

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Jonathan Groth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mattias Falck

• Ruwen Filus

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Kristian Karlsson

• Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Sorry, but can you explain to me if there was any reasoning behind you making these comments.

I am fine with you not wanting the same results every time. I am fine with you wanting different countries to win some of the time. Or....even....all of the time.

But was there a reason for you making these over the top aggressive posts while voicing sentiments that might be considered racist and attacking a generalized idea of forum members as a group for their personal taste and who they choose to root for?

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Looks like an obvious trolling attempt to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: eyepop
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
spotit.jpg

Let's play a round of Can you spot the ball? I think it is important to keep adressing this issue despite Zheng playing really well. Players seem to test the limits more and more. Either ITTF finds ways to enforce the rules or they allow it all because the current state just harms the players that actually try to play "clean".

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Results from Day 6 (Sun 26 August 2018)

Men's Singles

Final:

Zheng Peifeng 4:2 Marcos Freitas [4] (13:11, 6:11, 8:11, 11:7, 11:8, 11:6)

Women's Singles

Final:

[1] Kasumi Ishikawa 4:2 Wen Jia (8:11, 11:8, 11:4, 7:11, 11:6, 13:11)

Men's Doubles

Final:

[1] Patrick Franziska/Jonathan Groth 3:1 Mattias Falck/Kristian Karlsson [4] (11:5, 9:11, 12:10, 11:7)

Women's Doubles

Final:

Liu Gaoyang/Zhang Rui 3:0 Sun Jiayi/Zeng Jian (11:6, 13:11, 11:2)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
The problem is we can keep addressing the issue on forums but how do we make the ITTF deal with it. It strikes me that there is no will on their behalf. The rules exist and are clear enough, a policy of enforcement would soon change the culture of cheating being acceptable within the sport.
The only players who don't serve illegally are the English ones. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Let's play a round of Can you spot the ball? I think it is important to keep adressing this issue despite Zheng playing really well. Players seem to test the limits more and more. Either ITTF finds ways to enforce the rules or they allow it all because the current state just harms the players that actually try to play "clean".
ZPF has some of the most deliberately illegal serves I've seen in a while. I don't like him. He's somewhat rude too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Point taken, but still it’s too subjective, and there’s no process to appeal the decision. There should be clear criteria on what constitutes a service fault, and then there should be video check systems in place to enforce it. It is well within the realm of the current technology to automatically detect service faults. It’s just lack of will/investment.

Totally agree. They would only need to place cameras on both ends of the net clamps and the rest of the technology is there - even automatic.

Reactions: perham
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
the guy apologizes for taking a medical timeout, gets called rude, smh
I called him "somewhat rude" for his general attitude during his matches, not after his matches. Maybe his eagerness to be successful on the world tour is just showing, and that may change over time. For now I don't like it.

My impression of him is necessarily subjective, but some of it not so much: bitching and playing victim when he gets called on his deliberately illegal serves. ZPF dude, please stop pretending you don't know and stop bitching. What do you think of that serve? https://youtu.be/XMNOnsd_Yhg?t=1m50s Niiiice, comes at 9-7 too. Of course it's all happenstance. Nice fairplay.

Good to apologize about the medical timeout. He understands that it disrupted the flow of the game and gave him time to rally himself, when the momentum was turning heavily against him. Freitas didn't play very well afterwards anyway, so I don't care much for who won.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
View attachment 17313

This camera angle, plus as a left hander returning would be tough to see. But a right hander might be able to see it.

The problem is if the ITTF open up the rules to allow players to cover up the ball it will become impossible to return serves. How can you control this rule?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
This camera angle, plus as a left hander returning would be tough to see. But a right hander might be able to see it.

The problem is if the ITTF open up the rules to allow players to cover up the ball it will become impossible to return serves. How can you control this rule?

An extra ref in the big matches that sits in the middle might be a start. I think Timo Boll has been suggesting this before.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
An extra ref in the big matches that sits in the middle might be a start. I think Timo Boll has been suggesting this before.

I've suggested it before that to enforce the rule it is needed to have an extra referee. Then the question is cost, manpower, subjectivity ... so maybe a better solution is a camera and referee can review it if anyone complains he/she could not see the ball. A better solution is forfeit the rule! Everyone must learn how to read the ball by trajectory, lettering (make the ball easier to see rotation) ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016

It is fair to discuss the serve aspect but dont think Zheng got any advantage of serves as Freitas was receiving quite well.