Who do you think will win the Czech Open?

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Tomokazu Harimoto

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Jonathan Groth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mattias Falck

• Ruwen Filus

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Kristian Karlsson

• Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Ovtcharov could pass on the baton and retire.

This'll be a crucial period for Pitchford's career.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
4:1, 10:8, 12:14...Just retire, Ishikawa!

20180825_151539.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Totally disagree.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

On the basis of Pitchford being British? Or on the basis of Pitchford not actually hiding his contact with his head when he does his punch serve?

It's not just Pitchford, many top players do it including Ma Long. And Pitchford dominated the rallies. But Dima relies heavily on serve return.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Finally, an umpire is doing his job. The guy is flipping the ball so far back that it is hard for Steger to see and you want it it be a fair fight? Really?

Just wish they would be more consistent or we could go back to hidden serves.

Steger doesn't complain much. He lost that battle a long time ago in a famous meltdown vs Riuwu Tan.

Reactions: talbon
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
This service fault bullshit is ruining the game. It’s always applied against the Chinese. Never once have I seen it against a European player. They just use the vague terminology to put the Chinese players under pressure and to give unfair advantage to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
On the basis that he doesn’t hide the ball? Out of Liam and Dima who we’ve just seen, Dima is the one with the dodgy serves. His tomahawk serve’s throw up is awful! He actually has to move to the ball after he has thrown it up because it’s so far away from being straight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Dimitrij suddenly loses all feeling for the ball and forgets how to bring the ball on the table. That shouldn't really happen to pros...

Give Dima time. They will also go to the lab and look at those Pitchford serves. Dima was very passive on serve return and that shouldn't happen with time to review the match.

Reactions: Gladxu
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
On the basis that he doesn’t hide the ball? Out of Liam and Dima who we’ve just seen, Dima is the one with the dodgy serves. His tomahawk serve’s throw up is awful! He actually has to move to the ball after he has thrown it up because it’s so far away from being straight...

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

When it comes to illegal serving, while the ITTF regulations don't make distinctions, most experienced players will tell you that hidden serves are a class apart in their difficulty. But you can see the head thrust on Pitchford's serves. I don't know why you ate trying so hard to deny it. Most people just say that Ma Long does it so who cares.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Finally, an umpire is doing his job. The guy is flipping the ball so far back that it is hard for Steger to see and you want it it be a fair fight? Really?

Just wish they would be more consistent or we could go back to hidden serves.

Steger doesn't complain much. He lost that battle a long time ago in a famous meltdown vs Riuwu Tan.

Yeah, I remember that match also.

To be fair, it looks like Steger has started to hide the ball with his hand/arm quite effectively as well, so... :rolleyes:

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
do you guys can hear the lady comentator, she is going to make me fall asleep

I think this is a matter of taste. She’s not “distractingly bad” like the guy commentating the recent Asia vs Europe match and other Asian events :mad:.

Personally I like that she’s just focusing on the actual game and nothing else. But I guess she’s quite bland - even more so for fans of Adam Bobrows style of commentating :cool:

Also, I believe that in many events this year, Bobrow has not been commentating the early matches on saturdays? Not sure why that is, though?