Who do you think will win the Czech Open?

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Tomokazu Harimoto

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Jonathan Groth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mattias Falck

• Ruwen Filus

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Kristian Karlsson

• Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think this is a matter of taste. She’s not “distractingly bad” like the guy commentating the recent Asia vs Europe match and other Asian events :mad:.

Personally I like that she’s just focusing on the actual game and nothing else. But I guess she’s quite bland - even more so for fans of Adam Bobrows style of commentating :cool:

Also, I believe that in many events this year, Bobrow has not been commentating the early matches on saturdays? Not sure why that is, though?
Ok I know what you mean. But although I prefer Bobrow who is more enthusiastic about the game (sometimes too much) I cannot hear what she is saying, she speaks soo silently that I need to put the voice to maximum to hear her.

Reactions: JesperStef
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
After the 4th game, Zhang Qin reassure Wu Yang that Winter was still not certain what spin was on the ball, which was why she chose to slow-loop it. Also, she told Wu Yang to go for Winter's pocket as she covered her FH pretty well.

This user has no status.
Like zillion times against Shibaev.
This service fault bullshit is ruining the game. It’s always applied against the Chinese. Never once have I seen it against a European player. They just use the vague terminology to put the Chinese players under pressure and to give unfair advantage to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Jan 2018
After 3rd game, Chen Bin told Wen Jia that Ito kept serving backspin to her middle to make her open it up.

He told her to focus more on getting the 3rd ball in and tighter receive.

For Ito, I heard Matsuzaki said something about forehand and middle.

After 4th game, Chen Bin told Wen Jia something about the FH push, that she could slow it down on the short game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Like zillion times against Shibaev.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Point taken, but still it’s too subjective, and there’s no process to appeal the decision. There should be clear criteria on what constitutes a service fault, and then there should be video check systems in place to enforce it. It is well within the realm of the current technology to automatically detect service faults. It’s just lack of will/investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jawien
Jan 2018
Ito has contracted Hirano's habit of blacking out - dropping 6 match points.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I don't think i've seen so many chokes in a one tournament as this. Pitchford choking after having 10-6 against ZYD and now Ito after having 10-4(!!!).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
As we’re discussing legal/illegal serves, what do you guys think about Mima Ito’s showel serve?

Blatantly illegal and repeatedly so. I didn't focus on Wen Jia but I could see how Ito wins so many points on serve and attack or just outright serve.

Reactions: Gladxu
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
So know zeio who is the worst in Japan National team considering endings? Where is your brilliant points analysis

We know zeio has a bad bout of Kishikawa disease. It's a disease where all bad things are done by Ishikawa and all good things are done by anyone on the JNT under the age of 20.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Blatantly illegal and repeatedly so. I didn't focus on Wen Jia but I could see how Ito wins so many points on serve and attack or just outright serve.

Just my point. And the same goes for MANY players showel serves, I'd say? :confused:

A few years ago, when the showel serve "became mainstream", I was actually worried that this type of serve could be a major problem for table tennis. Luckily, this has not been the case yet...

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Just my point. And the same goes for MANY players showel serves, I'd say? :confused:

A few years ago, when the showel serve "became mainstream", I was actually worried that this type of serve could be a major problem for table tennis. Luckily, this has not been the case yet...

These things can be fixed with a culture of enforcement but it seems that people are somewhat satisfied with the ugly grey area we currently have. In any case, it is worth pointing out the impact on the match quality every once in s while especially when one player is serving with visible contact and the other is not.