Tenergy 64 alternatives

This user has no status.
Don't yinhe make alternatives to tenergy? Moon and Sun I think?

I have tried a Yinhe Sun (in 2,2 mm) red , and it is rather slow and not good for spin , just average rubber , nothing special, good rubber for learners, a lot slower than ESN Tensor stuff ( like Nimbus, Genius, Revo Fire) all of which i played with and are fast and spinny.

I dont know Tenergy's but i suppose they are fast and spinny also, so Yinhe products are NOT AT ALL a Tenergy alternative.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
in my club a lot of players use Tibhar Nimbus for the same play. Mostly attacking with powerfull spin and also using block and controll. I think it is the same as tenergy 64, only i think it is more a forehand rubber.
Nimbus soft:
Speed: 105
Effect: 105
Controle: 97
Nimbus Sound:
Speed: 99
Effect: 100
Controle: 99
I love(d) the Nimbus series. But the durability is really crap. After 2-3 months the rubber is really dead.

I heard Tibhar Aurus is like the upgraded version of Nimbus and big plus for Aurus is that it's durability is a lot better, so everyone who likes the Nimbus-series should check out Aurus.

little edit: since I'm not that into soft rubbers I played with the normal Nimbus version, I assume it's similar to it's softer versions. The Nimbus Sound (only used a few times on a friends blade) is really soft and (too) slow in my opinion. It's not a worthy Tenergy alternative due it's lack of speed.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I love(d) the Nimbus series. But the durability is really crap. After 2-3 months the rubber is really dead.

I heard Tibhar Aurus is like the upgraded version of Nimbus and big plus for Aurus is that it's durability is a lot better, so everyone who likes the Nimbus-series should check out Aurus.

little edit: since I'm not that into soft rubbers I played with the normal Nimbus version, I assume it's similar to it's softer versions. The Nimbus Sound (only used a few times on a friends blade) is really soft and (too) slow in my opinion. It's not a worthy Tenergy alternative due it's lack of speed.

Never heard about Aurus, good tip to check it out thanks. I don't really agree with the durabilty that you describe. In my club most play 2 seasons with 1 rubber. The speed of nimbus could be slow if your sponge is to thin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Never heard about Aurus, good tip to check it out thanks. I don't really agree with the durabilty that you describe. In my club most play 2 seasons with 1 rubber. The speed of nimbus could be slow if your sponge is to thin.
Two seasons with one Nimbus-sheet? That's just insane, if you play more than once a week you really have to change after 3-4 months. If you just play one time every week maybe it could last a whole season but never 2.

This user has no status.
Both Acuda and Calibra LT are good subs for Tenergy rubbers, just choose one :p

Btw: the durability of the STIGA Calibra LT series is insane compared to any other european rubbers :p

I tried a Calibra LT Sound in red 2 mm , and i think it is really fast , but not spinny enough, also i couldn't keep the ball short when pushing, big disadvantage.
Only for fast topspin players and hitters imho.

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
I tried a Calibra LT Sound in red 2 mm , and i think it is really fast , but not spinny enough, also i couldn't keep the ball short when pushing, big disadvantage.
Only for fast topspin players and hitters imho.

You're right, the LT Sound version is almost too bouncy for short play.. But the regular Calibra LT, fantastic! ;)

Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
How durable is t64 anyway?

T64 is very durable. But I don't know how much you play, so it will be kinda difficult to tell you when you'll have to change rubbers. :)

As for me, I practise 2 times a day + competition in weekends. So I had to change the T64 once a month when I used it before, same for the Calibra I currently use. Other rubbers I'll have to change more often. The Coppa for example, every 2nd - 3rd week.