Tibhar El-p versus El-s (versus Donic Bluefire JP02)

Anyone who tried both of them?

How significant is the difference? I'm modern defender and I wonder which one is best in terms of:
-topspin generation (for attacking)
-control for the short game and when chopping away from the table

If someone can compare one of these two rubbers with Donic Bluefire JP02, that would be GREAT!

Thanks!

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
They are very different. EL-S is more linear and less explosive than EL-P. Grippier. Much thinner topsheet. T05 lovers will mostly prefer El-P. These days, though, I very much prefer EL-S, since I like rubbers with maximal predictability. I am not sure which would be better for a modern defender since I don't play that way at all. Both can generate a ton of spin. The main difference to my way of thinking is how much ball speed and trajectory depends on the effort you put in. EL-S will penalize lazy technique more but is definitely better in short game or anything that requires a lot of touch. It is a bit in the same realm of rubbers like Karis M and Stiga Mantra I think. EL-S will need you to open up your racket angle a bit when attacking.

(It has been 18 months since I hit with either one, so I am going on memory here).

Very helpful comment. Can you also compare those Tibhar rubbers with Donic Bluefire JP02. I'm thinking of sticking to the bluefire, very linear & controllable in all areas

Yogibear's comment is a bit contradictory to Baal's comment. Yogi says El-P sometimes feels dead and not bouncy, while Baal says the opposite... I don't like it too bouncy, catapulty, i need sufficient control when chopping...

Thank you. More spinny also means more sensitive to spin from the opponent, which makes it harder to chop from a distance. I think JP02 was the middle ground... But i'm tempted to try the EL-S with a slightly thinner sponge (1,8mm) on my second blade. What makes me doubt is the hardness of El-S and possibly a lack of 'feeling'.