Blade and Rubber recommendations for Intermediate Offensive player?

NDH

says Spin to win!
feel like experience is definitely the main issue for juniors. Half the time they almost know too many shots (at least thats what i put it down to) and then cant decide when it matters.
Also TT365 is a great idea, but my local league hasn't implemented it yet afaik and the rankings dont translate onto realy rankings which is a bit of a shame.

One of the big leagues I play in had a vote - The old website which was created by one of the members, or TT365.

It was like Brexit all over, with the older members who used neither, voting for the one which was made by one of the members.

Such a backwards move - Nearly all other local leagues use 365, and it's an incredibly useful tool!

This user has no status.
Just for clarification, i am a junior myself and i play a pretty high standard. Although the common view that all juniors are coached the same is right to some extent, playing in a couple of local leagues aswell as proper coaching and national league games get you used to all types of different players and it helps you with tricky players with unusual styles. Although we are taught around just one game style, we are taught to also mould the game to our game style so the people cant easily pick us apart by constantly playing deep and wide or any other tactic that some juniors would struggle with. Anyway, that was how I was taught and other juniors may be taught differently.

NDH

says Spin to win!
wasnt sheffield by any chance was it haha. Think there was something similar here

No it wasn't - It was Milton Keynes!

@Joe141

Playing in local league matches is absolutely the best way to improve your overall game - I've never seen so many weird and wonderful players who have developed their own style during the local league matches.

Sadly, with the matches starting at 7:30pm and not finishing until 10:30pm most of the time (plus them being on a weeknight), a lot of younger players don't get that chance.

Having that match experience and temperament to deal with big points can only come from experience of playing tight matches.

I think the juniors are taught really well in the UK, and I'm not knocking the style (it's very effective) - I think more should be done to get these players playing in local league matches where possible.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
A friend of mine who is several levels higher than me, when he would train me, part of it was always us playing matches and he would mix styles, he would attack, he would play defense, he would give me junk balls. At first it is really frustrating to deal with when every ball is different. But then you slowly start getting better at reading and adjusting to each separate ball.

I also feel I was helped out a lot by the fact that, at the first club I played at, there were two guys with LP who liked to train more than they liked to play matches. That is rare for LP players. They were also both a decent amount better than me. But I got a lot of time to train with those guys and man that helps your level and your ability to deal with different styles. And both of these guys were good at twiddling so you really had to watch which rubber they contacted the ball with.

One of them was a great joker. He had two rackets that were the same setup. One, the pips were the black rubber. The other the pips were the red rubber. He would not switch in the middle of training. But you really couldn't just go on auto pilot and assume one color was always the pips. :)

Reactions: thomas.pong and NDH
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
A poster mentioned players looking great in warmup and suck rocks in the match.

Der_Echte is opposite... I suck so bad in warmup you would dismiss me as worthless hot garbage.

In the match, I will spin the logo paint off the ball. WIERD.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

NDH

says Spin to win!
A poster mentioned players looking great in warmup and suck rocks in the match.

Der_Echte is opposite... I suck so bad in warmup you would dismiss me as worthless hot garbage.

In the match, I will spin the logo paint off the ball. WIERD.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I only gave myself 3 initials @Der_Echte - Just so you could remember them ;)

But yeah, I find the experienced players to be like you (not such a rock star in warm ups, but very good in matches).

Whereas the juniors and younger players tend to be very slick in the warm ups (almost perfect), but not have the full package when it comes to match play.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I only gave myself 3 initials @Der_Echte - Just so you could remember them ;)

But yeah, I find the experienced players to be like you (not such a rock star in warm ups, but very good in matches).

Whereas the juniors and younger players tend to be very slick in the warm ups (almost perfect), but not have the full package when it comes to match play.

I was on the mobile phone and somehow couldn't quote...

You gotta see and feel me warm up in real life real time and you would sure fire believe I wasn't past kindergarten level.

My FH to FH low spin fast rally skills are an insult to the sport and whoever is on the other end of the table.

My inability to place the ball perfectly in the middle of the impact zone at the right height, depth, and pace make the other one on the end wonder if the doctor dropped me from the operating table immediately after my birth.

My ability to keep it on the table on BH wing after the FH disaster session gives the other one some assurance that I am not a dyslexic alien.

NDH

says Spin to win!
I was on the mobile phone and somehow couldn't quote...

You gotta see and feel me warm up in real life real time and you would sure fire believe I wasn't past kindergarten level.

My FH to FH low spin fast rally skills are an insult to the sport and whoever is on the other end of the table.

My inability to place the ball perfectly in the middle of the impact zone at the right height, depth, and pace make the other one on the end wonder if the doctor dropped me from the operating table immediately after my birth.

My ability to keep it on the table on BH wing after the FH disaster session gives the other one some assurance that I am not a dyslexic alien.

Haha - Why do you think that is?

I don't think I've seen recent video of you playing, but I've seen some old matches where you look in decent nick.