Blade and Rubber recommendations for Intermediate Offensive player?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Karis is the opposite of T05 in nearly every way. Unfortunately (for Nexy), Karis lasts a real, real long time. You could get hundreds of hours out of it easily. I wished Nexy had set the price of it a few dollars lower, but 40-50 USD for a sheet is the going price for a modern rubber.

If Nate says he can handle T05 now, we should believe it.

Reactions: Nate4s
This user has no status.
Right now I'm using Tibhar Status Power Wood. Approximately 42 USD. It is a good OFF- blade. One of most popular blade among its class. High flexibility when pair it with Tibhar Evolution MX-P and EL-P. Easy for looping, blocking, pushing, and hard hitting. It also has large sweet spot for an all-wood blade, compared to Butterfly or Stiga blades it has a larger head size which makes me hit the ball easier and more precise. The handle is also larger than most of Butterfly Blade maybe similar to Stiga Legend Handle.

For a rubber I don't have any specifics recommdenation because most of High-End rubbers right now offers a similar feeling. Just try what's works for you from previous experience. Safest Choice is Yasaka Rakza 7 for me because it is not too fast and pretty much allround rubber.

Cheers !! :)

Reactions: GinjaNinja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Off topic, but Alan "GinjaNinja" is from the UK, has far more posts, etc. "TheGinjaNinja" is a new member (on this forum) from the US.

Well spotted Chris/Nate - thank you. And i thought i was the only GinjaNinja............
Anyway why I am here, why not got for a custom built blade! Sorry couldn't resist.
Rubbers - I like Tibhar: Evo and Genius series. I also like Tenergy 05 but I tend to use these on 'classic' 5 ply all wood blades I find it a bit too quick on 7 ply or most carbon blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Karis is the opposite of T05 in nearly every way. Unfortunately (for Nexy), Karis lasts a real, real long time. You could get hundreds of hours out of it easily. I wished Nexy had set the price of it a few dollars lower, but 40-50 USD for a sheet is the going price for a modern rubber.

If Nate says he can handle T05 now, we should believe it.

Don't believe me in this domain - it's probably not true :D ...I remember loving T05 for blocks, backhand flicks, and counter-looping. I remember despising it for nice short pushes (my technique, I'm sure). Those things probably haven't changed.

I doubt Karis is the complete opposite of Tenergy, as that would mean it is the least expensive rubber on the market, it doesn't spin at all, and it has no speed :p Based on reviews, Karis seems like a nice, modern rubber with a balance of spin/speed/control.

To the OP - I love Xiom Vega Pro, and feel like it can do most things really well - and it's quite affordable!

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Why not stick with what you are using now? It is a good combination.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Actually Nate, ttd member erm who knows all blade makers in the world have me a few bats with Vega Pro on FH, a very dynamic rubber. I use that the last month or two.

Karis is simply absolute linear and no so spin reactive. That is why I call it opposite. Not a loud sexy rubber. Like T05 is.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Thanks for all the advice.

For now, I've decided to take a step backwards so that I can focus on my form. I've always felt my current set-up was a little too fast for my lower, developing level.

So, I decided to get Mark V rubbers on the Donic Waldner Senso and go from there. I imagine it'll still be fairly fast but probably not as fast as my Stiga Infinity VPS + Rasant Grip.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Thanks for all the advice.

For now, I've decided to take a step backwards so that I can focus on my form. I've always felt my current set-up was a little too fast for my lower, developing level.

So, I decided to get Mark V rubbers on the Donic Waldner Senso and go from there. I imagine it'll still be fairly fast but probably not as fast as my Stiga Infinity VPS + Rasant Grip.

Please don't. Mark V is just a horrible rubber to play with in the 40+ era. It literally has no grip at all.

I don't think Infinity VPS and rasant grip is too fast at all, if you're being trained / training properly.

Reactions: perham
This user has no status.
intermediate rubber for 40+ era

{Xiom Vega Intro is a good alternative to Mark V. }

Ok, thanks. So the Xiom Vega Intro is a better all-around intro than Mark V, that can handle the new balls?

I just want to focus on getting consisent with my topsin and my loop etc.

And I wanted to try something different since I’m still in the early stages.

How about if I put Mark V or Xiom Vega on one side and Rasant Grip on the other?

Or would that be silly?

I don’t know - I certainly have read a lot of *recent* reviews that praise the Mark V as a viable learning rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Those are quite fast tensor rubbers. R37 is a soft rubber, meaning that the sponge is engaged on slower speeds. You will lose a lot of control on your short game with that. At least that’s my experience with soft tensors. I would really suggest sticking to intro rubbers such as Vega Intro, Karis M, Rakza 7, etc. Avoid top of the line tensors if you can’t handle the catapult effect very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Those are quite fast tensor rubbers. R37 is a soft rubber, meaning that the sponge is engaged on slower speeds. You will lose a lot of control on your short game with that. At least that’s my experience with soft tensors. I would really suggest sticking to intro rubbers such as Vega Intro, Karis M, Rakza 7, etc. Avoid top of the line tensors if you can’t handle the catapult effect very well.

Tapatalk

Ok, thanks. I’m getting a good education here!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think the price of that rubber Karis is too high, you can afford cheaper rubbers and same quality. 50 bucks it's too much

This is funny. Have you tried the rubber? I honestly don't think you are good enough to understand how good Karis actual is even if you had tried it. But to see a comment like this as though you have tried and could tell the difference between good and mediocre rubber is definitely entertaining.

Very few rubbers afford you as much control and are as insensitive to spin while allowing you to generate as much spin. You have to know what you are doing to generate the spin though. And very few rubbers last as long as Karis. It has enough gears that it is excellent for beginners and for decently advanced players as well.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
TheGinja, based on what I have read, either you want to keep the same blade and just put new rubbers on it, because your blade should be fine and is not the reason for what you are describing about your BH flips. But, from reading some of what you wrote, I think a Butterfly Korbel would probably be decent for you. Good pace but not too fast. Good feel. Great dwell time. It will also help you generate more spin. The ply construction (limba-limba-ayous-limba-limba) helps you with the dwell time and generating more spin.

But one thing Dominus is correct about is that, a short video, 15-30 seconds would help us know what equipment is most suitable for you. Because the Korbel as a good blade for you is in part based on the idea that, you would rate yourself as being at the low end range of intermediate based on the "high" standards of the forum. If you are not quite at that level, then maybe a Primorac Off- or a Appelgren Allplay would be better.

As far as rubbers, there are lots of good suggestions. If you are the level you suggest, any of them including T05 would be fine. ELS, FXS or FXP would probably be fine as well.

Reactions: Nate4s
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Also, it is worth understanding what Der_Echte is talking about about the balance of the blade. And when you have enough weight in the handle so that your racket is not head heavy, it is much easier to accelerate and get racket speed. But a lighter racket won't necessarily give you that. If your Infinity is 88-90 grams, that is actually a very good weight for a blade. The actual problem is that Stiga cuts a hollow space in the handle to make the blade seem lighter than it is and that gives you a head heavy blade. If you tap on the handle with your knuckle, you will be able to hear that it is hollow.

But even with that being the case, you should be able to get the whip for flipping if do a lot of repetitions while practicing the shot.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
This is funny. Have you tried the rubber? I honestly don't think you are good enough to understand how good Karis actual is even if you had tried it. But to see a comment like this as though you have tried and could tell the difference between good and mediocre rubber is definitely entertaining.

Very few rubbers afford you as much control and are as insensitive to spin while allowing you to generate as much spin. You have to know what you are doing to generate the spin though. And very few rubbers last as long as Karis. It has enough gears that it is excellent for beginners and for decently advanced players as well.
Just as example, if Karis rubber were so good then why isn't the most famous or at least, doesn't have the same market even with his quality like to compare as fastarc g1, long lasting, but you're right I didn't tried it yet, and I'm not experienced as not I'm old like some guys, but I've tried Chinese, Japanese, Korean, German, but I would like to try it, even if I have to pay 25 bucks more then I'll get a rubber by 75 bucks.
d0dce9e9af1f866248c9171f38dd9b86.jpg

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk