Acoustic or petr korbel?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hello guys, I am currently looking for a blade not so fast, with good control and feel to improve my technique (especially in short,close to net game and lifting underspin). I find most carbon blades too fast and I want to go on for an all-wood blade. I used a nittaku acoustic at the club I play and fell in love with it, but I've heard by many people that bty petr korbel is awesome too. If money is not a problem, would you suggest nittaku acoustic or bty petr korbel? Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Acoustic over Korbel anytime
you might also want to look into a OSP Virtuoso+

I've heard many people talking about virtuoso, but never seen anyone using it so I can give it a try. ( Started playing tt more seriously like 1 year ago, so haven't seen many blades at all). I'll look into it though, thanks!

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
I've heard many people talking about virtuoso, but never seen anyone using it so I can give it a try. ( Started playing tt more seriously like 1 year ago, so haven't seen many blades at all). I'll look into it though, thanks!
You can ask anyone over TTD or any forum who has used a Virtuoso, the playing characteristics are way better than a Acoustic.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
You can ask anyone over TTD or any forum who has used a Virtuoso, the playing characteristics are way better than a Acoustic.

But is that I am looking for? I mean the feel of acoustic is out of this planet, just used it for a couple of shots and could make things I've never done with my Carbon blade!
( Both blades were paired with els, so it's not the rubbers for sure)
I mainly need a blade to help me with the feel and the short game at the off- to off range

Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
And what about ludeack? From the reviews it seems to be similar to acoustic

Acoustic over Ludeack;
Did you find handle discomfort in Acoustic? (small)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I have the Korbel and OSP Virtuoso +. I have never tried an acoustic.

I bet you'd be happy with any of them and would adapt to using any where they're 95% as good as any of those other options. In my opinion, the OSP is better built, has a solid and direct feel that's superb over the Korbel, and is a little bit faster - it is also twice the cost. If money isn't a concern, I'd recommend taking the step up from the Korbel (in terms of build quality) and get the acoustic or Virtuoso +...that way, there isn't the question of "If I'd only spent more and purchased the best wood blade available", since you'd already have the best. :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Cannot go wrong with any of them:

-Acoustic is awesome.
-Korbel is awesome.
-Virtuoso Off- and Plus are awesome.

It all comes down to personal preference and what you are used to.

If you have tried the Acoustic and like it, how you describe, there is no need to look further. It is an excellent choice.

Last edited: