Jan 2012
Men's Team: Gold
Women's Team: Gold
Mixed Doubles: Gold
Men's Singles: Gold
Women's Singles: Gold

d19e7c2428eba6b46e7b54c0fd8b7049

THE SAD REALITY OF TODAY. PINGPANG OFF VOGUE IN CHINA

You seem to have but a scarce knowledge about this person. Noway is he a fan of pingpang, his supreme passion is soccer, bridge gambling and basketball. In today's China, the young all play street basketball, and rural youth play basketball only.
PingPang is just a seniors' pastime in China, and childish play for little kids. In today's PRC , pingpang is not a "trendy sport" any more.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
THE SAD REALITY OF TODAY. PINGPANG OFF VOGUE IN CHINA

You seem to have but a scarce knowledge about this person. Noway is he a fan of pingpang, his supreme passion is soccer, bridge gambling and basketball. In today's China, the young all play street basketball, and rural youth play basketball only.
PingPang is just a seniors' pastime in China, and childish play for little kids. In today's PRC , pingpang is not a "trendy sport" any more.

So why table tennis players are so popular and have a huge influence among people in china ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Results from Day 7 (Sat 1 September 2018)

Men's Singles

Semi-finals:

[1]
Fan Zhendong 4:1 Lee Sangsu [3] (11:3, 4:11, 11:4, 11:9, 11:5)
[2] Lin Gaoyuan 4:0 Noshad Alamiyan [15] (12:10, 11:7, 11:6, 11:2)

Final:

[1] Fan Zhendong 4:2 Lin Gaoyuan [2] (11:8, 11:5, 15:17, 4:11, 11:8, 11:6)

Women's Singles

Semi-finals:

[1]
Chen Meng 4:0 Jeon Jihee [9] (11:7, 11:7, 11:6, 11:4)

[2] Wang Manyu 4:1 Yu Mengyu [14] (11:7, 11:6, 11:5, 9:11, 11:7)

Final:

[2] Wang Manyu 4:3 Chen Meng [1] (11:7, 5:11, 14:16, 7:11, 11:6, 11:8, 11:8)

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
1 September 2018 (Day 7)

FAN Zhendong (CHN) after defeating LIN Gaoyuan (CHN) 4-2 to win the Men’s Singles title:

“The feeling of winning is of course really great, but the process is definitely easy. I did face a lot of difficulty in both the Team & Singles events, and it’s not as easy as it appears to be.”

“I played well today, and made little unforced errors, especially in the first two games, I was indeed affected after losing the third game, in fact I felt a bit lost in the 4th game and he was able to keep his winning momentum in that game.”

“The chance of playing a multi-sport event is rare for us because it happens only every 4 years, just like the Olympics, I think it’s important to experience this feeling of playing such an event, and being able to withstand the pressure to win is an especially important take-away for me.”

LIN Gaoyuan:
“I think I played well in this match, the reason why I lost in the end is probably because I wasn’t as detailed and firm when it comes to the crucial moments.”

“Winning the third game gave me hope, if I had lost that, I could have easily lost the entire match, but I wasn’t able to seize the opportunity after 2-2, he still handled the situation better than me at the end.”

WANG Manyu (CHN) after defeating CHEN Meng (CHN) 4-3 to win the Women’s Singles title:

“The third game where we played till 14-16 was important, I think whoever won that game will have an easier time for the rest of the match. After losing that game, I was angry at myself, but I have no way back and my only way out is to continue fighting point by point. At 1-3 down, I still kept my calm and never gave up, in my mind, as long as the match is not over, I have my chance to come back.”

“I hurt my back in the semifinals, so it’s important for me to recover from that and get ready for the Chinese National Championships coming up, so I won’t be celebrating this victory much.”

“I’m happy with winning the title, it’s certainly a confidence boost for me. It’s not an easy journey for me, and I would never have achieved what I have achieved today without my parents. They have done a lot for me, and I think this is a good way to repay them.”

CHEN Meng:
“I think I played well overall, but Manyu played better towards the latter of the match. after leading 3-1, I started to play safe, and certainly the penalty (for time wasting) in the 6th game affected me. When our level of play is so close, each point makes a big difference.”

“Of course it’s a pity to lose in the final, but I still learnt a lot throughout the Asian Games.”

WANG Manyu (CHN) after defeating YU Mengyu (SGP) 4-1 in the Women’s Singles Semifinals:

“This is my first time in the semifinals of such a major singles event, so I was certainly nervous before the match, but luckily the results turned out favourable. The first three games were relatively easier, but in the fourth game, I was over confident, trying to win each point fast. After that game, my coach told me to be more patient and be firm in implementing the strategies on court.”

LIN Gaoyuan after defeating Noshad ALAMIYAN (IRI) 4-0 in the Men’s Singles Semifinals:

“The first game was very difficult, his backhand and serves are quite unique and I wasn’t used to it. After winning the first game, it was easier in the next three games.”

“I’ve now completed my task assigned by our team to make it into the final, so there’s no mental burden on me anymore in the final. Against Fan Zhendong, I have been some wins & losses, of course I hope to win the Gold medal, and I will just play my best without pressure.”

FAN Zhendong (CHN) after defeating LEE Sangsu (KOR) 4-1 in the Men’s Singles Semifinals:

“The fourth game was crucial to the overall victory, both of us made some mistakes during that game, but I was able to take advantage of my serves to take the last 2 points. Winning that game to lead 3-1 was crucial ”

“I do have a winning record over Lee Sangsu in the past, but he was playing very well today, attacking aggressively in the match and giving me pressure throughout.”

“I’ve noticed Noshad Alamiyan from a long time ago, I think the level of other Asian players are catching up with the Chinese, and there are more strong players coming from other countries like Iran, India for example.”

“I have a strong desire for the title here, so no matter who I’ll face in the finals later, I’ll put in full effort to fight for Gold.”

LEE Sangsu:
“It’s a very tough match as I expected, Fan Zhendong is a top player, number one in the world right now, I was just fighting point by point in the match.”

“I’m really thankful to the fans who came down to support me today.”

31 August 2018 (Day 6)

Noshad ALAMIYAN (IRI) after defeating WONG Chun Ting (HKG) 4-1 in the Men’s Singles Quarterfinals:

“This is the second Singles Bronze medal for Iran, after 52 years. I’m so happy, too many plans have been done for us to get here by my country.”

“This is not by chance, we have done so much, I have trained so hard to get here, to reach the medal. I had the aim, this goal in my mind and now I have done it. This is my best result I have ever had.”

LEE Sangsu (KOR) after defeating CHUANG Chih-Yuan (TPE) 4-2 in the Men’s Singles Quarterfinals:

“I was very nervous in the match and there were a lot of pressure, but as the match progressed, it was better, I was attacking more and tried to calm myself down and finally I was able to win.”

“Next match against Fan Zhendong will be tough, he’s a world class player and one of the best players in the world, so tomorrow I have to play point by point and not overthink.”

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
So why table tennis players are so popular and have a huge influence among people in china ?

Ping pong is the national sports of China. And China will do whatever to make sure it is dominating force in World TT. It is a question of national pride for them. Thats why it has a lot of influence.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Ping pong is the national sports of China. And China will do whatever to make sure it is dominating force in World TT. It is a question of national pride for them. Thats why it has a lot of influence.

I know all these , my question was somehow an objection to the post I replied , I'm sure after Rio table tennis has become more popular in china

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
CHINA PUBLIC SPORTS : PLAYING PINGPANG COST YOU A LOT OF MONEY.

http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Xi-Jinping-wants-50,000-football-schools-by-2025-39841.html

China’s Xinhua news agency said that the country had 13,381 “special football schools” – which are typically attached to public primary and middle schools. The goal is making China a football powerhouse.

Football is now widely cultivated in China's many schools, no payment needed. And there are no "pingpang schools". If you wish your child to play the game, you have to enter your kid to a training center for money, some 150 USD money charge per month. There are some 1200 payed centers all over China. No wonder, the youngsters all would take up football, rather than pingpang.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I travel in China from time to time. They still have TT in schools.

I sometimes wonder if Igor is a bot.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Yes, it is very tragic. Unless you enjoy watching repetitive boring predictable crap that is.
That 'crap' is how the best in the world play it, not some mindless robots.
(I like the part of Prause's TTD podcast where he reveals how disappointed he was when he discovered that the Chinese secret was just that: hard, hard work)

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using Tapatalk