Good Cheap Rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
My friend gave me an old penhold bat he had in his basement, and the rubber on it is completely worn. I asked him for it because I want to practice penhold (I'm a shakehand naturally), so I want to get a very cheap rubber that will just allow me to put spin on it (it doesn't have to be good). I was thinking a Chinese one because generally they are cheaper and it would probably complement the Chinese blade better anyway. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Palio AK47 Yellow is great. It weighs about 35grams cut (which is insane), it's very spinny but also very spin-insensitive so blocking with it is the easiest. It doesn't have the same grip on passive shots as modern ESNs but somehow it spins the ball just as well. Special rubber.

Costs like $10 with free shipment on aliexpress

This user has no status.
I just tried Tuttle 2015 Good. Got it for €9.90.

A really good rubber for the money. Good enough for me. (~1000 rating in sweden)

Obviously not Tenergy os something, but not yout typical tacky rubber. Still good with decent spin and speed. Miles ahead of Yinhe Moon Speed MaxTense IMHO. Also much prefered to Friendship 729 since I do not like tacky rubber that much.