shouting at every point is the new trend

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Most juniors grunt before points and shout after points and it's so annoying. I do neither of them until somebody shouts choooooooo after getting an edge in the first point of the game!

I recently met one of your junior countrymen in a tournament. I noticed him going "cho" like crazy in an earlier match even when hitting the edge which annoyed the hell out of me. My first serve against him hit the edge on my side and then in a fantastic arc hit the edge on his side :) I'm normally dead silent during games but couldn't help myself from going "OO-SA" extremely loud. Haven't had so much fun for a long time. I was giggling for several minutes afterwards.

Fun fact - You tell how old people are in Sweden by just listening to matches. Anyone going "cho" is born in the 90ies or later and anyone going "oo-sa" / "ossa" is older.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Well i think that the Asian Games are special in that sense. 1. They are the Asian Olympic Games, so many asian countrys pay high attention to see who should be selected, and the asian games are treated as a test run for the olympics(so a lot of nationalism and shouting). So for example Korea one has Janh Woojin Lee Sang Su, JYS, Jeong Sangeun who are all legitimate contenders for the 2 singles spot, and they need to deliver great performances and seem motivated. 2. India is on a roll recently, and i think that the funding they get must be decided by the central, sports authority, so thats way placing high in the asian games willk bring them a lot of benefits, much like the commonwealth games win.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I met a guy in Portugal who shouted "Foo!" on cho-able points. I asked him what it meant, and he said it doesn't mean anything, just "Foo!"

I'd like more people to shout that, because to an English speaker it sounds quite funny, when shouted in that loud, self-affirming voice people cho with.