Looking for the best fit in stiga 5 ply wood blade

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Thanks Jimbob for the description, it helps me to understand the idea :)

I agree about only changing the rubber or the blade. But i'm pretty sure about the rubbers i want to use but not about the blade.. And i hope to find one that go well with rakza 7 soft and non soft

What do think is best with rakza 7 soft and non soft ? Here is the proposed blade so far :)
- Infinity
- Offensive NCT
- Intensity NCT
- Rosewood V NCT : Seems a bit fast (113 on stiga), and i don't see a non NCT on their website

Also proposed blade but i'm less considering them in my selection
- Evolution : Not enough difference in speed with allaround classic (i think)
- Offensive classic : Also lack of speed
- Optimum sync : Don't really like the design
- Azelea offensive : No review on revspin
- OSP Virtuso + or - : Expensive and difficult to judge if it'll be a good fit
- Nittaku accoustic : Also expensive
- Innerforce AL

Between infinity, offensive NCT, intensity NCT, rosewood V NCT, what is the best suited for rakza 7 soft and NS ?

And again my style is a lot of BH flip, power loop on BH and FH but I also like to sometimes have point by varying spin on my push, loop and some rare chop. It's not easy to judge myself but i relate a lot to Simon Gauzy on the playing style (i may lack experience to judge appropriately here ! :))

I have to agree with what a lot of people have already said, the Azalea OFF or OSP Virtuoso OFF- or Xiom Offensive S would be very good and natural steps up for you, or a Butterfly Primorac.

I'd probably stir you away from the Infinity and the NCT as you will likely find them to be too stiff jumping from your Allround Classic. You could also try the Stiga Offensive WRB.

Lastly, like several have said, do not rely on revspin for stats or the popularity of a blade. The Azalea for exemple is quite new so not many people will have "reviewed" it. I have it, it's a great feeling and looking blade. You're better off looking at Stiga's website or Wack Sport's catalog for "stats". But really, the best thing you could do is try your clubmates' blades that are in the OFF- / OFF region.

What's your FFTT rating?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hello

Thanks everybody for your ideas !

@Usualsuspect : Nice description of the difference between Intensity and Infinity. I'd really like to test both in order to see that difference, especially that i play a bit more mid distance with lot of loop (so intensity might actually better seing your description)

Also for an overall update :

I was strongly thinking to go with Infinity + FH rakza 7 2mm + BH rakza 7 soft 2mm

But finally i want to try Chinese rubbers because i think it can fit well my game (i do a lot of spin variation with my serve and FH push and i FH loop with a wide gesture). So I ordered Virtuoso off- ; FH H3N commercial 2.1mm ; BH rakza 7 2mm

Interesting fact about the BH, actually i asked Emratthich about it and he told me that 40° (R7S) is not the best to develop the BH ('if you want to develop your backhand, find something harder than rakza 7 soft') and that R7 is then good

Now i'm waiting for the virtuoso (Very long shipping..). I'm impatient to try it :) I will try it for a least one month to see what is the result. Also i will have the occasion to try the infinity with rubbers similar to the rakza 7 so it'll give me some additional idea. And if I don't like Chinese rubbers, I will probably do Virtuoso + R7 + R7 or R7S

I will post here what is the result :)

P.S for Thomas.pong : You confort me with the virtuoso ! About my rating, in France i'm around 700+

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hello

Thanks everybody for your ideas !

@Usualsuspect : Nice description of the difference between Intensity and Infinity. I'd really like to test both in order to see that difference, especially that i play a bit more mid distance with lot of loop (so intensity might actually better seing your description)

Also for an overall update :

I was strongly thinking to go with Infinity + FH rakza 7 2mm + BH rakza 7 soft 2mm

But finally i want to try Chinese rubbers because i think it can fit well my game (i do a lot of spin variation with my serve and FH push and i FH loop with a wide gesture). So I ordered Virtuoso off- ; FH H3N commercial 2.1mm ; BH rakza 7 2mm

Interesting fact about the BH, actually i asked Emratthich about it and he told me that 40° (R7S) is not the best to develop the BH ('if you want to develop your backhand, find something harder than rakza 7 soft') and that R7 is then good

Now i'm waiting for the virtuoso (Very long shipping..). I'm impatient to try it :) I will try it for a least one month to see what is the result. Also i will have the occasion to try the infinity with rubbers similar to the rakza 7 so it'll give me some additional idea. And if I don't like Chinese rubbers, I will probably do Virtuoso + R7 + R7 or R7S

I will post here what is the result :)

P.S for Thomas.pong : You confort me with the virtuoso ! About my rating, in France i'm around 700+

Ok, I think you will really enjoy the Virtuoso OFF- and it'll fit what you're looking for as well as your playing level right now and for many years to come, also it's the most confortable handle I've ever felt and played with. Should take 2 weeks to get to you but well worth the waiting time.

I don't know how you'll like Chinese rubber, it's going to be tough to adjust and might take a long time, and it does require good technique, but H3N is a classic and it's always worth a try. Like you said, you can always slap back your R7's or R7S's on if you don't like it. Trying R7 on your BH is not a bad idea, also see how you like it compared to R7S.

What region do you play in?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Ok, I think you will really enjoy the Virtuoso OFF- and it'll fit what you're looking for as well as your playing level right now and for many years to come, also it's the most confortable handle I've ever felt and played with. Should take 2 weeks to get to you but well worth the waiting time.

I don't know how you'll like Chinese rubber, it's going to be tough to adjust and might take a long time, and it does require good technique, but H3N is a classic and it's always worth a try. Like you said, you can always slap back you R7's or R7S's on if you don't like it. Trying R7 on your BH is not a bad idea, also see how you like it compared to R7S.

What region do you play in?

Far from Bretagne i have to say :) south of France (Around Nice)

Reactions: thomas.pong