Harimoto equipment in confirmed by butterfly

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Well, the article kind of contradicts itself.

On the top, the article says "his racket is specially designed with Innerforce layer alc as the prototype". This doesn't mean that he is using innerforce layer alc.

But the image description says Harimoto is using "Innerforce layer alc with custom handle"

The article also specifies that his racket has soft feeling to help with the spin.

Here is also rubbers Harimoto has used throughout the years.

http://butterflythailand.co.th/harimoto-และ-tenergy-กับเส้นทางสู่ชัยช/

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The original in Japanese reads:

宇さんが張本のために最初に選んだラケットは『福原愛プロ ZLF』。その後は弾みを少し向上させた『インナーフォース レイヤー ALC』をベースにした特注ラケットを使っている。
Yu-san(Harimoto's dad) initially picked the "Fukuhara Pro ZLF" for Harimoto. Later on, he used the slightly bouncier custom blade which is based on the "Innerforce Layer ALC".

vol8_03.jpg

張本が使用するラケット。『インナーフォース レイヤー ALC』のブレードにグリップは特注
Blade used by Harimoto. "Innerforce Layer ALC" with a custom handle.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
THOSE HONEST JAPANESE.

You can get those Butterfly Tenergy rubbers from any tt-shop all over Japan Iseles. 75 USD.
Futhermore, Tomokasu Harimoto is an ardent deprecator of boosting on rubbers, following to his teammate Jun Mizutaney .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
I heard a rumour that he used to play with stiga blade, but that butterfly changes the handle in the factory in order to make the change impossible to notice by pictures. Apparently stiga helped him with material when he was younger since his parents are chinese and they are big there. Heard it from a coach who practices in the same academy as he did, so don't take my word for it.

Is it legal for Harimoto to use a blade that has know name or anything on it? It looks completely plain and no branding

According to the regulation,

The blade must be composed mostly of natural wood, though layers of other fibrous reinforcement materials are permitted. The surface of the blade may have a thin layer of lacquer, but not coated with paint or very thick lacquer over 0.1 mm thick.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
I heard a rumour that he used to play with stiga blade, but that butterfly changes the handle in the factory in order to make the change impossible to notice by pictures. Apparently stiga helped him with material when he was younger since his parents are chinese and they are big there. Heard it from a coach who practices in the same academy as he did, so don't take my word for it.

When I used to see him at the U12-U6 national tournaments he was Yasaka user for both blade and rubber.
Yasaka could change the handle if your source was true but the blade felt like every other Galaxya Carbon when I had hit with it.

Reactions: NextLevel
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Is it legal for Harimoto to use a blade that has know name or anything on it? It looks completely plain and no branding

Yes, as blades go you can play with anything that meets the minimum requirements in the realm of composition (wood, almost exclusively) and finishing.

For rubbers it’s somewhat different, there instead of specifying a range of acceptable properties a list of approved racket coverings (larc) is published regularly. That list may or may not be based upon rigorous compliance testing to a set of abstract requirements.

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017

His blade is J.T.T.A.A. labeled and therefore legal.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
He is using Innerforce Layer ALC. With a customised handle. If you don't believe me then check this. http://butterflythailand.co.th/the-front-runner/the-front-runner-harimoto-2/
check page 4
it will tell you
Maybe you can get google translate to translate this.

its not that I don't believe you, is that I don't believe your link lol
I recall Butterfly once said that Timo Boll uses normal commercial rubbers.
I have friends outside world top 100, sponsored by butterfly who don't use commercial rubbers....
I can't believe them