Twisting your knees while doing weight transfer

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Also I think my stance is a problem,whenever I show my stance to my coach he says it’s fine but it isn’t.Whenever A long serve comes to my backhand and forehand I mess up, I played a match against his son and he said aim for his arm.i reset back into my stance once I do a loop 3rd ball,I mess up idk why.i stand with my feet parallel,is that bad?

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
1) Equipment: Just get new rubbers and glue them on your blade. Get what you had last time. Keep the same setup.

2) Quick little steps: If your feet stop moving, it is much harder to get them moving again. People who are just starting to learn have a tendency of not moving their feet. Resetting your feet with your stroke really helps your footwork improve. And if you have not reset your feet when you reset your stroke, you probably have not actually reset properly.

3) You really are messing yourself up by overthinking everything. Play. The more you play the better you will get. Train with your coach when you can. Play matches when you can.

Some people need to do a certain amount of cognitive processing alongside their training. From the questions you ask and how you ask them and the frenetic way you seem to feel like the answer is vital and you need to have it immediately, the way you are trying to do the cognitive processing is more than likely harming your game. So stop overthinking things. Practice and over time you will understand what the practice is for. Video yourself and watch your videos. Video you playing and training. Do not video shadow stuff. What you do at the table (you in particularly) is nothing at all like what you do when you have made those ridiculous shadow videos.

Over time, as you play, you improve and things settle in. Your habits shift to better habits. You start reading spin better. You start returning serves better. Nothing can replace time on the table. Maybe get your parents to let you double or triple the amount of coaching time you get. Or find some good training partners and do training drills some of the time so you improve your technique.

How many days a week do you get coaching? How long is each coaching session? How many days a week do you play or train?

NOW: I really feel the need to emphasize this: THE WAY YOU BOMBARD THE FORUM WITH YOUR OWN EMOTIONAL NEEDINESS will not help you improve and is probably making many of the members think you are self absorbed and obnoxious. I think you would do better to learn how to behave in a social setting. This forum is an opportunity for you to learn to observe the rules and other people's feelings. If you cannot do it on a TT forum, I am afraid you probably get a lot of people in person even more annoyed with you than you do here.

There are people on this forum your age and younger who are WAY better behaved than you. I really do think you need to step back and think about it. Everybody here would like you to do well. But you have made a large number of the forum members angry with your behavior. Think about how you can do things differently.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
i could show you a vid of my normal stance... Can i just show it alone or do i need to show it in a match.

THE ONLY VIDEOS YOU SHOULD BE MAKING ARE VIDEOS OF YOU PLAYING WITH REAL HUMAN BEINGS OR WORKING WITH YOUR COACH.

No videos of your stance if it is not during actual play where you are adjusting to the ball as it comes to you.

There are other people who might benefit from making shadow videos to have the forum see things. Based on ALL the shadow videos you have made in the past, YOU SHOULD NOT MAKE ANY MORE.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I think I still have a problem with not resetting my legs and skipping after my forehand topspin...Ill show a vid of me training topspin against block but my training session is on Thursday,Please advice about my resetting once u see my training shots :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I’m also wondering how do you improve fast to get to an advanced level?I ask my coach he says it’s technique, what you do in training ,experience of match play and focusing/mental toughness.Id like the answer to this question in more detail,I know you guys say ask my coach but he doesn’t have enough time to elaborate the explanation for 1 hour or so in detail.Thanks if you can explain this question in detail :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Im writing details in my book to remember trainings and what I can improve on, so I’d like to add lots of information to adjust to it in training and other important aspects etc.

i think ur blade is too fast, you're afraid to hit the ball with full power. All aspects are fine, except not enough brushing on the ball (ball often goes to the net). You need to accelerate the swing when u hit the ball and hit with power like in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY6iohsYV-g

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I’m also wondering how do you improve fast to get to an advanced level?I ask my coach he says it’s technique, what you do in training ,experience of match play and focusing/mental toughness.Id like the answer to this question in more detail,I know you guys say ask my coach but he doesn’t have enough time to elaborate the explanation for 1 hour or so in detail.Thanks if you can explain this question in detail :)

This really sounds like what your coach has said is the main issues. You just need a lot more table time. A lot more table time. Training. Playing matches. Playing tournaments. Table time.

Im writing details in my book to remember trainings and what I can improve on, so I’d like to add lots of information to adjust to it in training and other important aspects etc.

I honestly would not do that. Some people are helped by cognitive processing and analysis. From your posts, it seems to me like you tend to try to over think things and end up messing yourself up.

i think ur blade is too fast, you're afraid to hit the ball with full power. All aspects are fine, except not enough brushing on the ball (ball often goes to the net). You need to accelerate the swing when u hit the ball and hit with power like in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY6iohsYV-g

If you are saying that Koki Niwa is a good player to watch for FH technique, that might be fine. But if you are trying to compare TwinGhostKid to Koki, it is a bit unfair. Of course Koki Niwa's technique is good. Saying try and do it more like him is kind of not so helpful really. And it really might be worth it to show a video of you doing FH practice if you want to show TwinGhostKid how it is done.

hi guys I was doing training and at the end of the session this guy offered to play mefor 5 mins so I recorded my forehand topspin.https://streamable.com/lxonr My weight transfer is ok as u can see I turn into it and use my legs right,any advice on my arm movement or is my rotating bad idk.Thanks :)

For the most part, all I would say is, you are doing well. You need to do a few hundred thousand, really several million more of those and things will start clicking in better.

I will give you two simple pieces of information because they are simple and technical:

1) Your left hand. You need to change that. Your left hand is stopping your torso rotation. There are a few where, your left hand comes across and wraps around your right shoulder while you are making the stroke. You need to figure out what your left arm is supposed to do. It should be relaxed. You should not try to move it. But it should not stop you from moving.

2) This one is really not anywhere near as important: on your followthrough, your racket ends up at around your left shoulder which means it is crossing your midline. If your stroke ends higher and nearer to your midline, you will get more spin. Again, this one is not as important.

But the most important thing is to keep playing and training. As you do, you will improve. The things you are thinking about for trying to improve are not what you need to improve. Even what I said is not as important as just getting on the table and playing as much as you can. The more quality training you get, the faster you will improve. Your fundamentals are fine. Just play a lot and you will get more consistent and you will get more powerful. The biggest thing I see from that video is you need to practice a lot more. But you are starting out with a solid foundation.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I made this video for someone else who was having a different problem with their stroke. He needed shadow strokes but his shadow stroke was all messed up. You don't need shadow strokes. But you could work on shadow strokes for what your left arm is doing. For you, all you need to watch in this video is what my left arm does when I am doing the stroke. It simply moves with the rest of me with the stroke.

I think this detail is not taught well in table tennis. I think I have seen it taught badly or not taught at all. The left arm should kind of do what my left arm is doing without me thinking about it. It should simply move because your torso moves. And if it does, it will sort of mirror what your right hand does. And that will actually help the power from your body in your stroke.

Feel free to practice shadow strokes in front of a mirror to see what you are doing. But there is no need to film yourself doing that. If you film, film you on the table like the video above. And know that most of what you are doing in the video above is really quite decent. You simply need more time practicing to make it consistent. But, overall, the technique is good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I asked an advanced player about my stroke,he said ur shoulder and arm is stiff ,you need to bring ur arm down to knee height in order to have better brushing contact.I was watching him loop,he brings his arm down to the knee and topspins,sometimes when I think about dropping my bat down to hip level to topspin I either do a really long stroke and recovery time is bad.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I can see my arm and shoulder are stiff cuz I’m not bringing my arm and shoulder then accelerating.Contact point is over my left shoulder thanks for that I’ll work on it :).But as hamasaki said I don’t have enough brushing because of my arm movement.how to improve this? do I bring my arm down then brushing foward? For some reason my loop against backspin is good cuz I bring down my arm to hip level,but my topspin needs to be near waist / hip level

This user has no status.
Make your coach serve you heavy backspin pushes and try to loop them. If you don't brush enough and if your movement begins at a level too high you won't be able to play the ball over the net.

By the way, all that talking on the forum won't REALLY improve your game. What REALLY improves your game is playing table tennis at a table. Unless it is fun for you to be active in a forum I don't see much benefit for you. It is cool to try to improve a lot and to get better and better. But I think you are trying too hard which might cause the exact opposite effect and actually hinder your progress as you are focusing on details completely unimportant for you at the moment while you still can't play 10 safe topsins at a row during warm-up.

The short video shows a decent technique and certainly a base you can empower. But from all your recent posts here I have thought you are a close to a semi-pro player trying to improve some details. In the video I see a decent kid we have ten thousands of in Germany. Nothing wrong with that but none of them will make it above amateur level so just go out and play table tennis FOR FUN and not and only for the sake of getting better or even thinking about reaching pro level one day. Take it more easily and relax a bit more at the table :)

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I’m 13 and I wanna become a high international level player,I’m just saying I asked my coach about if any high level players started late,he said Desmond Douglas started at the age of 15 and was a high advanced player by 19.i really wanna become a pro so