SDC Handmade Blades

I like Your Telecaster in the background of the 1:st pic. That's a classic Yellow colour. I got a G&L Asat fom 1991 exactly the same colour. G&L was Leo Fenders and George Fullertons company after the sale of Fender company.

Cheers
L-zr

• Love
Reactions: Kolev
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I like Your Telecaster in the background of the 1:st pic. That's a classic Yellow colour. I got a G&L Asat fom 1991 exactly the same colour. G&L was Leo Fenders and George Fullertons company after the sale of Fender company.

Cheers
L-zr

It's a partscaster I built. It started out more a of beige color, but it has aged into a nice yellow.

• Love
Reactions: ricospin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Not an ugly bunch, 3 combi blades and a cyber thingy

Combi
- Koto / AxC / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / Limba
- 5.7mm
- 76.1, 76.8 and 77g
- 1313Hz
- Balance: 2.7, 3.1, 2.9cm

Cyber
- Koto / AxC / Ayous / Kiri / IC / Ayous / Limba
- 5.7mm
- 82.6g
- 1380Hz
- Balance: 3.3cm

502%20505%201%20jpg.jpeg

502%20505%203%20jpg.jpeg

502%20505%205%20jpg.jpeg

502%20505%206%20jpg.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Remember a video I posted a while back of the fastest blade I've ever built? This is it. Not my first time making this composition, but this one has some minor changes to manipulate the weight so we could accommodate a bigger head size.

- Kiso Hinoki / SZLC / Ayous / ALC / Balsa / Carbon / Balsa / ALC / Ayous / SZLC / Kiso Hinoki
- 8.95mm
- 105.4g
- 2002Hz
- Balance: 2.7cm (Low)

497%201%20jpg.jpeg

497%202%20jpg.jpeg

497%203%20jpg.jpeg

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Remember a video I posted a while back of the fastest blade I've ever built? This is it. Not my first time making this composition, but this one has some minor changes to manipulate the weight so we could accommodate a bigger head size.

- Kiso Hinoki / SZLC / Ayous / ALC / Balsa / Carbon / Balsa / ALC / Ayous / SZLC / Kiso Hinoki
- 8.95mm
- 105.4g
- 2002Hz
- Balance: 2.7cm (Low)

497%201%20jpg.jpeg

497%202%20jpg.jpeg

497%203%20jpg.jpeg

Amazing AND surprising. Surprising because I once measured an old leftover piece of 3mm carbon laminates and it was only 1415 Hz

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Thick reinforced core of springy balsa, thick Kiso Hinoki outers, heavy oomph underneath - what were you trying to magnify? A sturdier approximation of a single ply 9mm Hinoki blade on drugs?

Which mere mortal can handle such a beastly contraption?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011

Amazing AND surprising. Surprising because I once measured an old leftover piece of 3mm carbon laminates and it was only 1415 Hz

3mm of Carbon? You just need a 20mm blade and it would be legal! (Although it would have to be divided in 10 layers)

Thick reinforced core of springy balsa, thick Kiso Hinoki outers, heavy oomph underneath - what were you trying to magnify? A sturdier approximation of a single ply 9mm Hinoki blade on drugs?

Which mere mortal can handle such a beastly contraption?

Personally I wasn't trying to achieve anything with this blade. The original concept came from another blade and it was the owner's vision, I just executed it. For this one the owner wanted a larger head size, but the heavy weight is not a big problem because he plays with OX pimples. Just needed to make sure it had a low balance.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

3mm of Carbon? You just need a 20mm blade and it would be legal! (Although it would have to be divided in 10 layers)

😁 Hey ! I am the clown here, don't start to compete 😂
`The big piece of 3mm carbon had never anything to do with Table tennis. It was a leftover from a time when
I used to make side frames for RC Helis.
But it was laying around in my workshop at the time when I made my blades and tested the frequencies of all of them, then
out of interest I banged the ball on the carbon piece and was actually surprised it only gave up 1415 Hz

This user has no status.
have you tested it,how is the Feeling of a Carbon Core?
I guess the Impact when you hit is almost Instant (dunno how to describe it proper,so Almost no Flex and Hardd as Brick?)
so basically it is also the "fastest" Blade in Flex,Hardness,etc ?
I can´t imagine you can process the perfect Hitpoint even subconciously.
Let me guess this Blade is pretty much "unforgiving" when it comes to positional play,but dammit even if you hit it perfect even once in a lifetime,lol.
Pls Tell me the owner plays 32.5 degree ESN Scale rubbers,:)
Crazy that thing,but insane work as Always!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
have you tested it,how is the Feeling of a Carbon Core?
I guess the Impact when you hit is almost Instant (dunno how to describe it proper,so Almost no Flex and Hardd as Brick?)
so basically it is also the "fastest" Blade in Flex,Hardness,etc ?
I can´t imagine you can process the perfect Hitpoint even subconciously.
Let me guess this Blade is pretty much "unforgiving" when it comes to positional play,but dammit even if you hit it perfect even once in a lifetime,lol.
Pls Tell me the owner plays 32.5 degree ESN Scale rubbers,:)
Crazy that thing,but insane work as Always!
I haven't tested it, but it basically felt like a trampoline just bouncing a ball on it. Yet, surprisingly it didn't feel that hard, the Hinoki outer helps to preserve some softeness, and I'm also careful with the lamination process. But the blade is still extremely stiff, so the ball will leave your racket basically in a straight line.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Haraold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011

[emoji16] Hey ! I am the clown here, don't start to compete [emoji23]
`The big piece of 3mm carbon had never anything to do with Table tennis. It was a leftover from a time when
I used to make side frames for RC Helis.
But it was laying around in my workshop at the time when I made my blades and tested the frequencies of all of them, then
out of interest I banged the ball on the carbon piece and was actually surprised it only gave up 1415 Hz

1415Hz is still very high for 3mm.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Similar construction to a Liu Shiwen, but with Spectra instead of Zlf. It's a medium fast offensive blade with a soft feeling, great control and a loud sound.

Available FS.

- Limba /Ayous / Spectra / Ayous / Spectra / Ayous / Limba
- 84.0g
- 5.7mm
- 158x152mm
- FL (100x24.5-22.5mm)
- 1205Hz
- Balance: 2.6cm (Low)

585%201%20jpg.jpeg

585%202%20jpg.jpeg

585%203%20jpg.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011

ah ok,so Bubinga is more Brighter than Granadillo?But they do look a bit the same,or do I need goggles?:) And Awesome Spectra Blade,I like that Fiber a lot!

Bubinga is more homogeneous, they both have a red color but Granadillo has a more interesting grain while Bubinga is more uniform.

Reactions: Haraold
This user has no status.

Thanks 🙂

I have increasingly less time to play, but yes I'm a player.

Ransom of glory 😅, well deserved. Hope you don’t miss too much playing and manage to find some time for practicing once in a while.
Aside your work that you show, being so available to share all your knowledge is a true chance for us are passionate.

Last edited: