SDC Handmade Blades

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

i have not read any other posts from timBoll so can not make a proper judgement .
If your decision to spank him would only be based on the very comment you list and reply to, I could not agree.
It is not an insult just a personal opinion.................which is allowed here, right. 😁

Look. This is a thread where hipnotic shows the blades he makes by hand. And this thread that hipnotic made to show the blades he has made, which, are both craftsmanship and art, and you can only know how they play if you try them, he says: "No matter what others think, I always think Viscaria and boll alc are the best ping pong blades."

You can read it how you want and I am happy that Sergio is not offended by him basically saying he is not interested in the content of the thread but wanted to post a link to his website. But, to me, it sounds like a put down of what Sergio is showing in the thread.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Look. This is a thread where hipnotic shows the blades he makes by hand. And this thread that hipnotic made to show the blades he has made, which, are both craftsmanship and art, and you can only know how they play if you try them, he says: "No matter what others think, I always think Viscaria and boll alc are the best ping pong blades."

You can read it how you want and I am happy that Sergio is not offended by him basically saying he is not interested in the content of the thread but wanted to post a link to his website. But, to me, it sounds like a put down of what Sergio is showing in the thread.

yes, i can see your point and understand you taking a stance.
Have a beer on me 🙏

Reactions: Lazer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Keep it classy! 👌

Composition: Limba / Limba / Ayous / Limba / Limba
Weight: 83.6g
Thickness: 5.5mm
Freq.: 1140Hz
Balance: 2.9cm (Low/Med)

277_1.jpg

277_2.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
Commissioned blade for short pips.

Composition: Ash / SC / Hinoki / Kiri / Ayous / ALC / Limba
Weight: 90.5g
Thickness: 5.8mm
Freq.: 1421Hz
Balance: 3.2cm (Med)
It would be really interesting to find out how this blade with its more extreme difference in composition compares with the Koto / A-C / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / A-C / Ash blade you made for me. (posted on this thread on 01-27-2021, very similar looking handle)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
It would be really interesting to find out how this blade with its more extreme difference in composition compares with the Koto / A-C / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / A-C / Ash blade you made for me. (posted on this thread on 01-27-2021, very similar looking handle)

This blade was somewhat based on your's. While the ALC is softer than the A-C we used in your blade, the high density carbon had a prominent feeling. This might be good for the pips side, but I think it also affects negatively the inverted side if you are looking for a little more arc. He as since returned for another blade and the differences were even more extreme, and while that one was stiffer, it felt softer overall.

Reactions: bobpuls
A 3+2 blade with ALC. Stiff, fast and with low trajectory, but a soft touch that provides great control.

Available FS.

Composition: Hinoki / ALC / Kiri / ALC / Hinoki
Weight: 80.7g
Thickness: 7.2mm
Freq.: 1570 Hz
Balance: 2.8cm (Low)

314%201%20jpg.jpeg

314%204%20jpg.jpeg
An ALC version of Primorac Carbon., nice

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Talking about crazy shapes, here's a commissioned blade with Tibhar's old swing shape.

Composition: Hinoki / ALC / WRC / WRC / WRC / ALC / Hinoki
Weight: 90.8g
Thickness: 6.8mm
Freq.: 1400Hz
Balance: 2.1cm (Very Low)

340%201%20jpg.jpeg

340%202%20jpg.jpeg

340%204%20jpg.jpeg

340%205%20jpg.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Innegra is lightweight synthetic fiber made from polyolefin polypropylene, basically a tough plastic. It won't do much as far as increasing the speed of a blade, on the contrary, when used in its plain form it provides energy dissipation and vibration dampening. So, I thought it would be great to make a defensive blade. In this one I paired with hard Padauk outer layers, so it's still a reasonably fast blade for a modern defender.

Available FS.

Composition: Padauk / Padauk / Innegra / Kiri / Innegra / Padauk / Padauk
Weight: 91.4g
Thickness: 6.0mm
Freq.: 1230Hz
Balance: 3.1cm (Med)

313%201%20jpg.jpeg

313%202%20jpg.jpeg

313%203%20jpg.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Metaxa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Commissioned asymmetric blade. SDC Ice cream?

Composition: Framiré / I-C / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / ALC / Koto
Weight: 84.5g
Thickness: 5.8mm
Freq.: 1400Hz
Balance: 3.2cm (Med)

283%201%20jpg.jpeg

283%202%20jpg.jpeg

283%203%20jpg.jpeg

Reactions: Metaxa
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
SDC Blades had 2 of hiz blades in testing with someone in California, so naturally, Hipnotic sent me a Space message through NASA and Carl's Spyphone 13 to let me know they were available.

I promptly emailed a shipping label to the tester, and the forces of gravity floted 2 blades my way.

Tonite, I broke out one of them, what looked like a composite OFF blade and had a hit. The hit shows this is a composite blade in the OFF class that can do the things a blade like this should do.

It felt a little better top end than the Spartan. I did not take any pics, but SDC should know exactly which blade this is and share a pic.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
SDC Blades had 2 of hiz blades in testing with someone in California, so naturally, Hipnotic sent me a Space message through NASA and Carl's Spyphone 13 to let me know they were available.

I promptly emailed a shipping label to the tester, and the forces of gravity floted 2 blades my way.

Tonite, I broke out one of them, what looked like a composite OFF blade and had a hit. The hit shows this is a composite blade in the OFF class that can do the things a blade like this should do.

It felt a little better top end than the Spartan. I did not take any pics, but SDC should know exactly which blade this is and share a pic.

This one?

233%201%20jpg.jpeg

Made it some time ago. The Hinoki wasn't top quality, that's why it became a test blade. But I'm curious to know how Hinoki works for you.