SDC Handmade Blades

I am looking for a slow blade.Similar to a Stiga Off classic, but with hinoki top.
What do You think of. (I see You do honoki veneers in 1.0 mm and 0.6 mm) .

Hinoki 1.0mm / Hinoki 0.6mm / Ayous ??? / Hinoki 0.6 mm / Hinoki 1.0 mm
Then play with the Ayous thickness to get the proper speed?
Is this possible?

Cheers
L-zr

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am looking for a slow blade.Similar to a Stiga Off classic, but with hinoki top.

Is this possible?

Cheers
L-zr
Sergio, which do you think would give more feeling: Hinoki 1.0mm as top ply with 0.6mm under it, or the reverse: 0.6mm as top ply with 1.0mm underneath?

I am just curious what your experience has been making blades.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011

Is this possible?

Cheers
L-zr

I have a similar blade just a few posts above, part of the 5 blades series. That one is Hinoki 0.6 / Hinoki 1.0 / Ayous 3.0. It's not a rocket launcher but it has got some speed, your suggestion would be a bit slower. I also have another one even further back, one with the "dotec" handle, that one is Hinoki 1.0 / Padauk 0.5 / Kiri 3.1, and for me it's more in line with what you are after.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Sergio, which do you think would give more feeling: Hinoki 1.0mm as top ply with 0.6mm under it, or the reverse: 0.6mm as top ply with 1.0mm underneath?

I am just curious what your experience has been making blades.

The medial ply is the one that contributes the most to the type of feedback we get in our hand. Relatively speaking, the second option will feel more solid, bigger sweetspot, less vibration and feedback in the hand. The first option will be the opposite, it may in fact feel too mushy depending on the rest of the composition. Personally I like to use Hinoki in thicker layers with a harder layer underneath to support it, it can be a denser wood of a composite layer.

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016

Hi everyone, I'm the owner of the last blade posted by Sergio.
Thanks for the kind comments about the handle design!It took me longer than expected to reach this final design (I made more than 30 different verions of it, small tweaks between than), but the final result was worth it. Thanks again Sergio for the amazong work!
The handle design is kind of a mix between OSP Virtuoso AC and BTY Fukuhara ZLF.
I wanted something with kind of simple lines, but not too simple/too "classic", also not too modern/ too fancy. I think the final result was pretty good =D,I see it as an atemporal design

Unfortunately I wasn't able to test it yet. Not only due to covid situation (almost all places are already running, but I'm still cautious tough), but since a couple months ago other things are going on on my life that requires higher priority than TT. Now I'm not sure when I will be able to play TT again...hopefully next year maybe.

hipnotic;354099The handle was made with Amazon Rosewood, Cherry and endgrain Padauk with a Ebony cap. Don't ask me what the tag says because I can't remember [emoji28]. The owner is out there, maybe he can chime in?

It is just my last name 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: latej and hipnotic

Hi everyone, I'm the owner of the last blade posted by Sergio.
Thanks for the kind comments about the handle design!It took me longer than expected to reach this final design (I made more than 30 different verions of it, small tweaks between than), but the final result was worth it. Thanks again Sergio for the amazong work!
The handle design is kind of a mix between OSP Virtuoso AC and BTY Fukuhara ZLF.
I wanted something with kind of simple lines, but not too simple/too "classic", also not too modern/ too fancy. I think the final result was pretty good =D,I see it as an atemporal design

Unfortunately I wasn't able to test it yet. Not only due to covid situation (almost all places are already running, but I'm still cautious tough), but since a couple months ago other things are going on on my life that requires higher priority than TT. Now I'm not sure when I will be able to play TT again...hopefully next year maybe.

It is just my last name 😁

One pretty pup... 😍

Cheers
L-zr

I have a similar blade just a few posts above, part of the 5 blades series. That one is Hinoki 0.6 / Hinoki 1.0 / Ayous 3.0. It's not a rocket launcher but it has got some speed, your suggestion would be a bit slower. I also have another one even further back, one with the "dotec" handle, that one is Hinoki 1.0 / Padauk 0.5 / Kiri 3.1, and for me it's more in line with what you are after

I hear You...
I'm interested to discuss an order. I will contact You on the email on Your Home site.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: hipnotic
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Commissioned blade. Fast, very fast...

Composition: Purple Heart / SZLC / Koto / Balsa / I-C / Limba / A. Rosewood
Weight: 92.3g
Thickness: 7.5mm
Freq.: 1750Hz
Balance: 2.8cm (Low)

278_1.jpg

278_2.jpg

278_3.jpg

278_4.jpg

278_5.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Commissioned blade. Fast, very fast...Composition: Purple Heart / SZLC / Koto / Balsa / I-C / Limba / A. Rosewood
Looks amazing - as always! I don't see Purple Heart on the list of outer veneers on your website - just out of interest, where does it place in terms of density and hardness?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Looks amazing - as always! I don't see Purple Heart on the list of outer veneers on your website - just out of interest, where does it place inN terms of density and hardness?

It isn't, I have some stuff I need to update but I haven't had time yet. But I do have a note explaining I can get more stuff other than what's on the list.

Purple Heart is also very heavy, around 905 Kg/m3, so between Wenge and A. Rosewood in terms of density, but same janka as A. Rosewood (11190N).

Last edited:
Reactions: Manto76
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah. That blade kind of looks like a work of art that should be put in a frame and hung on a wall. Which would be a shame to keep someone from feeling how nice I am sure it feels to play with. :)

One day they will make rubbers that are clear for blades that look as good as that. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Typical inner fiber blade, but with a small difference. We decided to use thinner outer plies, and a slightly thicker core on this one to improve the speed. This worked as expected, but it actually made it a bit too fast for the owner (we already solved that 🙂). The Flared handle shape is also different than what I usually do, it's a little wider near the wings, which turns it into an almost anatomic shape.

Composition: Black Limba / Ayous / A-C / Ayous / A-C / Ayous / Black Limba
Weight: 89.4g
Thickness: 5.85mm
Freq.: 1290Hz
Balance: 2.9cm (Low/Med)

273_1.jpg

273_2.jpg

273_3.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Kolev and Metaxa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
This is a light and fast blade with a relatively soft feel (considering it's a composite blade). The low balance facilitates the use of the wrist, so it's suitable for playing an aggressive close to the table style. But the main feature of this blade is the semi-anatomic handle, if you don't have different grips for FH and BH and like to keep the hand in a fixed position, this one is just perfect.

Available FS.

Composition: Tola / S A-C / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / S A-C / Tola
Weight: 82.6g
Thickness: 5.65mm
Freq.: 1442 Hz
Balance: 2.3cm (Low)

305_1.jpg

305_4.jpg

305_5.jpg

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
No matter what others think, I always think Viscaria and boll alc are the best ping pong blades.

Amazing how rude someone can be. He hasn't ever tried a hand made blade made by hipnotic and he is not only posting this kind of comment, he is posting links to his own website where the name is an obvious copy of the name of this forum.

I am deleting the original post to delete the links from this thread. To date, I have let him post the links he posts because they do have to do with Table Tennis. But an awful lot of his posts have nothing to do with the thread or comments in the thread he is posting in and look like an excuse to post links, and so, to me, they look like spam; just table tennis related spam.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011

Amazing how rude someone can be. He hasn't ever tried a hand made blade made by hipnotic and he is not only posting this kind of comment, he is posting links to his own website where the name is an obvious copy of the name of this forum.

I am deleting the original post to delete the links from this thread. To date, I have let him post the links he posts because they do have to do with Table Tennis. But an awful lot of his posts have nothing to do with the thread or comments in the thread he is posting in and look like an excuse to post links, and so, to me, they look like spam; just table tennis related spam.

No offense taken, I just thought he was a bot... Besides, there is no such think as bad publicity, right? 😁

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

i have not read any other posts from timBoll so can not make a proper judgement .
If your decision to spank him would only be based on the very comment you list and reply to, I could not agree.
It is not an insult just a personal opinion.................which is allowed here, right. 😁