- Balance: 2.0cm (Very Low)

434%201%20jpg.jpeg

434%203%20jpg.jpeg

434%204%20jpg.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Hi Sergio,

I'm curious, what do you think would layers of aluminium or copper do to the blade's properties in comparison to something like carbon, have you tried those two already?

Best Regards

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Hi Sergio,

I'm curious, what do you think would layers of aluminium or copper do to the blade's properties in comparison to something like carbon, have you tried those two already?

Best Regards

To the best of my knowledge, fibers like Texalium aren't really Aluminum , but Aluminum coated fabrics. I'm not sure if there are real aluminum fabrics out there, but I think they would be too heavy to use in a blade. Anyway, I already have so much stuff, I never really had the curiosity to try it.

A thin layer of aluminum foil is very pliable and brittle, I don't think it will bring any benefit to a blade, but I guess it's easy enough to try just for kicks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I utterly LIKE seeing players' preference shift to a VERY LOW balance point on their blades... it so makes sense for he we like to strike the ball and feel it.

Sometimes it's not easy to achieve such a balance, depending on the composition and desired weight range, but the preference has definitely been a low balance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Another one based on a Zetro Quad but with a few changes, Cypress instead of Hinoki and Spectra instead of Zylon. Cypress is the best Hinoki substitute I have, it's a little heavier but shares the same elasticity and softness. Spectra also shares some traits with zylon, they are both very tough, soft and light fibers, so the overall feeling of the blade is soft and elastic with a sharp feedback but no excess vibration. The handle is my favorite ST shape, slightly thicker and rounder than usual.

Available FS.

- Cypress / Spectra / Ayous / soft-carbon / Kiri / soft-carbon / Ayous / Spectra / Cypress
- 89.7g
- 6.7mm
- 157x150mm
- ST (102x28.5x23.8mm)
- 1528Hz
- Balance: 3.1cm (Med)

529%201%20jpg.jpeg

529%202%20jpg.jpeg

529%203%20jpg.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
The remake of a combi blade I made a while ago

- Hinoki / Spruce / I-C / Ayous / Ayous / Maple
- 81.3g
- 5.6mm
- 1162Hz
- Balance: 2.0cm (Very Low)

What are the head dimensions of this blade ?
Do you have pictures of any combi blades that you made ? If yes can you give details ?
I am interested in in one
Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
God Bless Dinosaur Style Handles,are the rounded Thumb Rests quite common or have a specific advantage?very interesting!
Hope to get a Barwell Fleet SDC Special from you in the future!
Great craftsmannship as always,keep it up,Sérgio!

Thanks Harald! They don't serve any specific advantage, it just makes it a bit more comfortable for the user, if that's his preference. Personally I prefer a normal flat thumb rest.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011

What are the head dimensions of this blade ?
Do you have pictures of any combi blades that you made ? If yes can you give details ?
I am interested in in one
Thanks

These blades were 156x151mm, just as the owner requested.

I have made many combi blades, you need to be a little more specific. Perhaps it's easier to scroll through my Instagram and see what's on there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I'm calling this a defensive blade, but it's not a slow blade by any means. It's a variation on the Nexy JSH blade, but with Koto top ply instead of Ayous. This makes it a more demanding blade to play in the defensive department, but you get more offensive capabilities. It will also suit an offensive player who enjoys the stability of 7 ply blades, but also larger head sizes.

Available FS.

- Koto / Ayous / Ayous / Ayous / Ayous / Ayous / Koto
- 89.6g
- 6.35mm
- 162x158mm
- ST (102x28.5x23mm)
- 1185Hz
- Balance: 3.4cm (Med)

539%201%20jpg.jpeg

539%202%20jpg.jpeg

539%203%20jpg.jpeg

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The JSH is sold out in Korea (I have the only new FL JSH (only one - just shipped one to Japan) DO NOT give away the new composition of the next gen JSH !!

Nexy in an interview hinted that there will be variants with each batch of production models. I would expect within a month or two that Nexy Korea has the 2nd gen JSH in stock.

WHO knows what the 2nd gen JSH composition will be? You never know.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
The JSH is sold out in Korea (I have the only new FL JSH (only one - just shipped one to Japan) DO NOT give away the new composition of the next gen JSH !!

Nexy in an interview hinted that there will be variants with each batch of production models. I would expect within a month or two that Nexy Korea has the 2nd gen JSH in stock.

WHO knows what the 2nd gen JSH composition will be? You never know.

Der, there is so much more to a blade than just the composition... I'm not giving away all the secrets! 🙂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
I was wondering: do you think making an "ultra-inner" blade by placing composite layers very deep and right next to the thin core, like adding ALC to the Stiga Clipper (so limba-ayous-ayous-ALC-ayous-ALC-ayous-ayous-limba with the same clipper veneer thicknesses (or maybe even a bit thinner core?)) would make any sense? Or maybe you have done such blade already?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I was wondering: do you think making an "ultra-inner" blade by placing composite layers very deep and right next to the thin core, like adding ALC to the Stiga Clipper (so limba-ayous-ayous-ALC-ayous-ALC-ayous-ayous-limba with the same clipper veneer thicknesses (or maybe even a bit thinner core?)) would make any sense? Or maybe you have done such blade already?

That can be done, although it would be hard to do it in a Clipper composition. Clipper is already a heavy composition, adding two ALC layers would make it almost unplayable. One blade that comes to mind that is close to that is the Donic Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon, but it uses soft carbon which is much lighter. The thing is, from an Engineering point of view that's a really inefficient way of using fibers. These fibers have much better mechanical properties than wood when compared to their own weight, but to fully exploit those properties, namely the increase in stiffness, you have to create some distance between them. By creating that distance you can increase stiffness without a big increase in weight, which is something not possible with wood, unless you go really thick. However, you must balance that with some softness, otherwise the blade can get too hard too quickly.

But...

A table tennis blade isn't designed only with mechanical properties in mind, in fact we are mainly concerned with how the blade will feel. These fibers also offer vibration dampening properties and stability (sweetspot) that wood doesn't, so where we place them is important to fine tune the feeling we want to achieve from a blade. Using fibers in the way you described would mostly aid with these aspects. I don't recall ever making a blade like that, but I made blades with a composite "core".

• Love
Reactions: wiktor145