SDC Handmade Blades

This user has no status.
Can they patent a hexagonal shape? If a shape can be patented then we can patent the oval shape of the Viscaria and start suing all the TT blade manufacturers. We'd made a fortune.
Actually, that is a hePTagonal shape (7 straight edges, not 6).

Anyway, patenting shapes is just as ridiculous as patenting music sequences.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Yeah. I don't see how a patent like that could stand. It would have to have more to it, like the shape combined with some aspect of the construction. It will be interesting to see if the patent actually gets awarded and what specifically it covers.

Last edited:

If you’re going that way. it’s a variant of an octagonal shape. The bottom edge is anticipated.

Cheers
L-zr

Last edited:
Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Viscaria meets Acoustic.

Composition: Limba / Limba / Ayous / Ayous / ALC / Koto
Weight: 86.1/85.8g
Thickness: 5.75mm
Freq.: 1300Hz
Balance: 2.4cm

307%20308%201%20jpg.jpeg

307%20308%202%20jpg.jpeg

307%20308%204%20jpg.jpeg

Reactions: Elraghy and Metaxa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
This one is based on a Zetro Quad, however, I used Aramid instead of Zylon since I don't work with this fiber. It's a fast blade with a soft feeling. The handle is also chunky with 24mm instead of the usual 23mm.

Available FS.

Composition: Hinoki / Aramid / Ayous / Soft Carbon / Kiri / Soft Carbon / Ayous / Aramid / Hinoki
Weight: 87.2g
Thickness: 7.2mm
Freq.: 1570 Hz
Balance: 3.8cm (High)

326%201%20jpg.jpeg

326%203%20jpg.jpeg

326%202%20jpg.jpeg

This user has no status.
Yeah. I don't see how a patent like that could stand. It would have to have more to it, like the shape combined with some aspect of the construction. It will be interesting to see if the patent actually gets awarded and what specifically it covers.

I have a hard time seeing that happening, considering the simple nature of a TT blade, it's just marketing hocus pocus IMO.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011

Carbon feel without carbon. Well, not quite, but the very hard Ebony second layer makes this blade feel as crispy as bacon.

Available FS.

Composition: Framiré / Ebony / Ayous / Ayous / Ayous / Ebony / Framiré
Weight: 89.5g
Thickness: 6.0mm
Freq.: 1250 Hz
Balance: 3.1cm (Med)

350%201%20jpg.jpeg

350%202%20jpg.jpeg

350%204%20jpg.jpeg

350%205%20jpg.jpeg

Reactions: Kolev and Metaxa
This user has no status.
This one is a looker 😍

Composition: Limba / Limba / Ayous / Limba / Limba
Weight: 87.7g
Thickness: 5.9mm
Freq.: 1291Hz
Balance: 2.5cm (Low)
Perfect one, I should say. The composition is already very conventional - simple and effective. The Limba top ply is beautifully chosen for its texture. The handle texture is so lovely, that I need to ask, how much this costs. (Is it 'basic', 'complex' or 'very complex' ?)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Perfect one, I should say. The composition is already very conventional - simple and effective. The Limba top ply is beautifully chosen for its texture. The handle texture is so lovely, that I need to ask, how much this costs. (Is it 'basic', 'complex' or 'very complex' ?)

The handle is made with Fineline and stabilized Karelian Birch, very beautiful but very heavy and quite expensive. So, despite not being the most laborious handle, that puts it in the very complex category.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Just in time for Christmas something arrived on my doorstep. I've named it Hammaren (first of its name) and have not played with it yet, us being in lockdown.

A sollid OFF-, walnut/limba/innegra carbon/kiri/innegra carbon/limba/walnut; 90.3g - 6.1mm - 1356Hz - Balance: 2.5cm (Low).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Just in time for Christmas something arrived on my doorstep. I've named it Hammaren (first of its name) and have not played with it yet, us being in lockdown.

A sollid OFF-, walnut/limba/innegra carbon/kiri/innegra carbon/limba/walnut; 90.3g - 6.1mm - 1356Hz - Balance: 2.5cm (Low).

I had no idea it was you 😁