SDC Handmade Blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
3 custom blades and 3 of my favorite compositions so far:

My most popular composition, this one goes to a club mate who wanted a second one. A solid All+ blade with great feeling and control.

Limba/Limba/Basalt Fibre/Kiri x3/Basalt Fibre/Limba/Limba - 80.7g - 5.75mm - 1140Hz

Blade 30.jpg

This is one has the same composition as my personal blade. The feeling i get with this blade is like nothing i ever tried before. Faster than the previous blade but the spin... so much spin!

Limba/Limba/ALC/WRC/ALC/Limba/Limba - 87.1g - 5.85mm - 1160Hz

Blade 30.jpg

This one is faster than the other two but not crazy fast, still very controllable. Great for over-the-table play.

Maple/Beech/GF/Balsa/GF/Beech/Maple - 72.1g - 6.4mm - 1335 Hz

Blade 32.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Thank you chintanmashroo!

Which blade do you mean? These were all custom orders so i'm not sure about the rubbers but i think the owner of the first one plays with rasanter R47 and the other two play with T05 and M2. I personally use V15 Extra on the FH and Hexer Grip on the BH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I received the blade some time ago and played with the basalt blade for a few sessions.
The blade has a very good finishing, very smooth, even on the egdes! The handle is a little shorter than Stiga's FL, but fitted perfect to my hand (I'm not very tall). Feels more towards allwood than composite, has good speed (faster than the frequency suggests). I would say that it has a medium throw angle I guess.
PS: these are impressions from a lower level player, so take them with a pinch of salt
The communication with hipnotic was very good too!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I received the blade some time ago and played with the basalt blade for a few sessions.
The blade has a very good finishing, very smooth, even on the egdes! The handle is a little shorter than Stiga's FL, but fitted perfect to my hand (I'm not very tall). Feels more towards allwood than composite, has good speed (faster than the frequency suggests). I would say that it has a medium throw angle I guess.
PS: these are impressions from a lower level player, so take them with a pinch of salt
The communication with hipnotic was very good too!

I'm really glad you like the blade. It was a pleasure to work with you :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
These are beautiful! Outstanding craftsmanship.

I'd love to read some reviews from more users of your blades. I'm not currently in the market for a new blade but I am a collector and have always wanted to try a custom blade. I'm also super curious how much you charge :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
These are beautiful! Outstanding craftsmanship.

I'd love to read some reviews from more users of your blades. I'm not currently in the market for a new blade but I am a collector and have always wanted to try a custom blade. I'm also super curious how much you charge :D

Thank you Nuise. I haven't built many blades for forum users, that's why i don't have much feedback here yet. I have sold mostly locally and those costumers are very happy. If you want to know prices just PM me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
center core is from two parts or this is crack in the wood?

beautifull blades, really good

Yes fanott, the core ply is made of 2 pieces. That's very normal among blade builders because it's very difficult to find pieces wide enough to use a single piece. This has already been discussed in several threads and It doesn't affect performance, if anything i think it even makes it better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Could you elaborate more what materials do you choose to make it?

Well, that is very subjective and hard to answer. What kind of pips do you use? Do you play a passive or active game? I think it's easier the other way around, you can tell me what you need and expect the blade to do and I try to come up with a composition. If you want you can PM me with more details.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
2 custom blades for a friend of mine

The first one is "Apolónia" inspired, but he wanted something a little faster and harder. He also wanted the Portuguese flag in the handle.

Limba/Anigre/ALC/Ayous/ALC/Anigre/Limba - 93.0g - 5.95mm - 1370Hz

WP_20191107_10_29_36_Rich.jpg

WP_20191107_10_33_03_Rich.jpg

View attachment 20093

The second blade is "Ovtcharov TC" inspired but he wanted something less reactive and fast. He also wanted the Azores flag in the handle.

Anigre/ALC/Limba/Kiri/Limba/ALC/Anigre - 86.0g - 5.60mm - 1370Hz

4.jpg

2.jpg

View attachment 20096

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I post here because can be of interest for other members.

L.S.D. long pips
Hurricane III national / Fastarc G-1

Actually I use Stiga All Round Classic WRB

I am curious, how does this have anything to do with a thread about the HAND MADE BLADES that Hipnotic makes?

Reactions: bobpuls