SDC Handmade Blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
If Timo Boll was a girl 🙂

This one isn't particularly soft, I would say it sits in the middle of the hardness spectrum for this kind of composition. However, it's fast, crisp and very stable.

Available FS.

- Koto / ALC / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / ALC / Koto
- 88.2g
- 5.7mm
- 157x150mm
- STSQ (101x28.5x22.5mm)
- 1507Hz
- Balance: 2.7cm (Low)

554%201%20jpg.jpeg

554%202%20jpg.jpeg

554%203%20jpg.jpeg

554%204%20jpg.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
Left:
- Hinoki / Spectra / Spruce / Ayous / Spruce / Spectra / Hinoki
- 84.5g
- 6.05mm
- 1380Hz
- Balance: 2.6cm (Low)

Right:
- Hinoki / ALC / Ayous / ALC / Hinoki
- 85.8g
- 6.7mm
- 1421Hz

447%20448%201%20jpg.jpeg

447%20448%202%20jpg.jpeg

447%20448%203%20jpg.jpeg

I have tried them. The 3+2 plays wonderfully! 👏

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Left:
- Hinoki / Spectra / Spruce / Ayous / Spruce / Spectra / Hinoki
- 84.5g
- 6.05mm
- 1380Hz
- Balance: 2.6cm (Low)

Right:
- Hinoki / ALC / Ayous / ALC / Hinoki
- 85.8g
- 6.7mm
- 1421Hz

447%20448%201%20jpg.jpeg

447%20448%202%20jpg.jpeg

447%20448%203%20jpg.jpeg

This is blade eight and nine that I’ve bought from Sérgio. Both of the blades play very, very nicely but the 3+2 is my favourite and the blade I play regurarly.

The 3+2 blade has a soft Hinoki feeling but packs a punch! I can really not get around why there isn’t more Hinoki/ALC blades out there. I couldn’t be happier with this blade.

Spectra is indeed an interesting material. The composition is not as soft (which is the main reason I prefer the other blade) but produces a wonderfully cracking sound at high impact shots.

As before I can highly recommend buying from Sérgio. He’s the man!

This is blade eight and nine that I’ve bought from Sérgio. Both of the blades play very, very nicely but the 3+2 is my favourite and the blade I play regurarly.

The 3+2 blade has a soft Hinoki feeling but packs a punch! I can really not get around why there isn’t more Hinoki/ALC blades out there. I couldn’t be happier with this blade.

Spectra is indeed an interesting material. The composition is not as soft (which is the main reason I prefer the other blade) but produces a wonderfully cracking sound at high impact shots.

Nine blades by SDC, Your'e a serious hoarder 😱

OK, that's a very similar construction as Mjölnir, (Sucupira instead of ALC and Kiri instead of Ayous)
I would probably like this one too.

What's the handle material?

The Mjölnir specs:
Composition: Hinoki 1.0mm / Sucupira 0.6mm / Kiri 3.4mm / Sucupira 0.6mm / Hinoki 1.0mm ~6.6mm

Weight: 87.0g
Thickness: 6.65mm
Freq.: 1442Hz
Balance: 3.6cm (Med)
Handle: American red wood

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Nine blades by SDC, Your'e a serious hoarder 😱

OK, that's a very similar construction as Mjölnir, (Sucupira instead of ALC and Kiri instead of Ayous)
I would probably like this one too.

What's the handle material?

The Mjölnir specs:
Composition: Hinoki 1.0mm / Sucupira 0.6mm / Kiri 3.4mm / Sucupira 0.6mm / Hinoki 1.0mm ~6.6mm

Weight: 87.0g
Thickness: 6.65mm
Freq.: 1442Hz
Balance: 3.6cm (Med)
Handle: American red wood

Cheers
L-zr

Yes, definately similarities! You also get that soft yet stable feel I guess. The handle if Afzelia if i recall correctly.

The way I see it I’m not hoarding but compensating for lack of playing time😂

• Haha
Reactions: Haraold

Yes, definately similarities! You also get that soft yet stable feel I guess. The handle if Afzelia if i recall correctly.

Cool, thanks.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011

Thanks Antonlan 🙂

• Love
Reactions: Antonlan

I guess the feel should be very similar.
A hint: Biljadrexperten (TTEX) has a sale on Tenergies now, I have ordered me some.

What rubber did You dress it with?

Cheers
L-zr

Hybrids for me. Has been playing RakzaZ BH and K3 FH but will go for D09C shortly

You like'm hard. Me not so much, and I absolutely hate stickiness, I think they are dust magnets. With my blade I started from basics and I'm working my way up right now. I'm not sure what to try next time, maybe a thinner (1.7mm) Tenergy, well see....

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: Antonlan
This user has no status.
Custom order, based on a Nittaku Goriki but with a standard head size.

- Walnut / Walnut / Walnut / Walnut / Walnut
- 101.2g
- 5.1mm
- 990Hz
- Balance: 3.0cm (Med)

380%201%20jpg.jpeg

380%202%20jpg.jpeg

380%203%20jpg.jpeg

This blade and you work in general is truly outstanding. I spotted an error or maybe an oversight because the Goriki is a seven Walnut ply and here also it seems.
By the way this frequency can seem slow but I think it is necessary to keep some flex due to the composition itself and with a full swing I am sure that the ball lands pretty fast on the other side of the table.

Keep up your work, it is outstanding. Bravo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011

This blade and you work in general is truly outstanding. I spotted an error or maybe an oversight because the Goriki is a seven Walnut ply and here also it seems.
By the way this frequency can seem slow but I think it is necessary to keep some flex due to the composition itself and with a full swing I am sure that the ball lands pretty fast on the other side of the table.

Keep up your work, it is outstanding. Bravo

Well spotted, the blade was a 7ply just as the Goriki, I made a mistake writing the composition.

Thanks for the support 🙂