SDC Handmade Blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Out of interest, does the blue Aramid Carbon you have used in a couple of the recent builds, play any differently to the more yellow coloured one, or is purely a cosmetic difference?
I'm very convinced that is in fact ALC, that's why I'm calling it as such in my posts. Definitly not Diolen or Dyed Kevlar, it's much different than those two. Anyway, whatever it is, after much trial and error it is the closest I have to Butterfly's ALC. Not the same weave pattern they use but the feeling is close. Despite being heavier than my 165 g/m2 A-C it feels a bit softer.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sedis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I made this experiment because I always wanted to make a blade with thick and hard outer layers. My intention was to make it stiff and relatively hard, maybe for a modern chopper who also needs some power to counter attack. As such, it's still a reasonably fast blade, probably in the Off- range.

Available in my FS thread.

Composition: Black Walnut / Kiri / Black Walnut
Weight: 90.1g
Thickness: 6.6mm
Freq.: 1300 Hz
Balance: 3.0cm (Med)

183_1.jpg

183_2.jpg

183_3.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
These are getting popular. My Innegra inner composition, customized with a 158x152mm head size and a big ST handle with the German flag.

Composition: Black Limba / Black Limba / Innegra-Carbon / Ayous / Innegra-Carbon / Black Limba / Black Limba
Weight: 87.5g
Thickness: 5.75mm
Freq.: 1250 Hz
Balance: 3.2cm (Med)

185_1.jpg

185_2.jpg

185_3.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I made this blade this blade before the new LYJ blade came out. The owner wanted the same design but at the time there was only one really unclear photo around. From that photo we cold see the the handle was green but as it turns out there are a few more colors in there 😅

Composition: Koto / Ayous / SZLC / Kiri / SZLC / Ayous / Koto
Weight: 87.3g
Thickness: 6.1mm
Freq.: 1380 Hz
Balance: 2.9cm (Low/Med)

187_1.jpg

187_2.jpg

187_3.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Yellow Pine is my favorite medial ply in a 5 ply composition, it gives a sharp feedback, good speed and stability. But we must be careful of the top ply we use, or the feeling might become too hard. In this case the owner wanted to try a harder outer ply and unfortunately that was the result, the feeling became too hard for him with a poor synergy between the top and medial ply (in his own words). He did like my FL handle shape so something good came out of it 🙂

Composition: Movingui / Yellow Pine / Ayous / Yellow Pine / Movingui
Weight: 92.5g
Freq.: 1313Hz
Balance: 2.8cm (Low)

184_1.jpg

184_3.jpg

184_5.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Many people say the old Clippers from the 90's felt much better. Composition wise they were the same, but they were thinner around that time, around 6.2mm. This is my attempt to replicate that but I decided to use Tola instead of Limba. Tola is very similar to Limba but slightly softer so I used it in the medial ply as well instead of Ayous.

Composition: Tola / Tola / Ayous / Ayous / Ayous / Tola / Tola
Weight: 92.1g
Thickness: 6.2mm
Freq.: 1290Hz
Balance: 2.3cm (Low)

130_1.jpg

130_2.jpg

130_3.jpg

Reactions: Manto76 and MK73
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I don't get a lot of requests for penhold blades so it's nice to make them every once in a while.

Composition: Koto / Spruce / ALC / Kiri / ALC / Spruce / Koto
Weight: 92.7gThickness: 6.0mm
Freq.: 1350 Hz

181_1.jpg

181_2.jpg

181_4.jpg

• Love
Reactions: bobpuls

Hipnotic, Do You have a hompage where Your FS blades are displayed with their characteristics? If not I think You should create one and link from this page instead. Rigth now it a pain to figure out what You still have for sale,
Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Thats the pain, Its impossible to get an overview of whats for sale. Now You have to go through each post every time....
A page with information like my earlier post would be much better. The current concept is good if You only do personal orders and have nothing for general sale.

Cheers
L-zr

I don't get it... You go to the first page of that topic and there is a list of the blades available and their characteristics, I think it's simple enough.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
Thats the pain, Its impossible to get an overview of whats for sale. Now You have to go through each post every time....
A page with information like my earlier post would be much better. The current concept is good if You only do personal orders and have nothing for general sale.

Cheers
L-zr

what are you talking about? he updates first post regularly.

I don't get it... You go to the first page of that topic and there is a list of the blades available and their characteristics, I think it's simple enough.

I didn't get it, Since most of the subjects never dies (which I hate) I have the habit to always jump to last page.

Sorry, I get it now (Hopefully I'll remember)

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
This is an attempt at a pure chopping blade. Large head size to increase the sweet-spot, thick and hard outer layers combined with a soft core to maximize energy absorption and feedback.

Composition: Black Walnut / 5x Ayous / Black Walnut
Weight: 93.4g
Freq.: 1250 Hz
Balance: 3.3cm (Med)

197_1.jpg

197_2.jpg

197_3.jpg

I made this experiment because I always wanted to make a blade with thick and hard outer layers. My intention was to make it stiff and relatively hard, maybe for a modern chopper who also needs some power to counter attack. As such, it's still a reasonably fast blade, probably in the Off- range.

Composition: Black Walnut / Kiri / Black Walnut
Weight: 90.1g
Thickness: 6.6mm
Freq.: 1300 Hz
Balance: 3.0cm (Med)

183_1.jpg

183_2.jpg

183_3.jpg

This one caught my eye. How much would it be if it's walnut, spruce, kiri?? Like the Adidas Avenger 5.