SDC Handmade Blades

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I'm sorry mine last post is for Hipnotic asking information about to do a combi blade.

Okay. Now I see you asking Hipnotic about blades with two different sides for LP. Hipnotic made a good post telling you that what he would need is you to tell him what you would want to feel, what characteristics you would want for the pips side and for the smooth side.

That is probably the information he needs. He also said you could send him a PM about the subject. I am not sure if you did. But that would mean it would keep the thread on subject and Hipnotic could post here useful details about how he came up with the materials he decided if you got him to make a blade for you after you tell him what you would want.

Like, how fast or slow would you want the pips side, how much feeling and dwell time. And same kind of questions answered for what you would want on the side for smooth rubber.

Reactions: Giangt and hipnotic
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Okay. Now I see you asking Hipnotic about blades with two different sides for LP. Hipnotic made a good post telling you that what he would need is you to tell him what you would want to feel, what characteristics you would want for the pips side and for the smooth side.

That is probably the information he needs. He also said you could send him a PM about the subject. I am not sure if you did. But that would mean it would keep the thread on subject and Hipnotic could post here useful details about how he came up with the materials he decided if you got him to make a blade for you after you tell him what you would want.

Like, how fast or slow would you want the pips side, how much feeling and dwell time. And same kind of questions answered for what you would want on the side for smooth rubber.

Thank you Carl, that is a nice explanation.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
An experiment with a Viscaria type composition but with 160 g/m2 carbon instead of ALC.

Ayous and purple heart handle.

Koto/Carbon/Limba/Kiri/Limba/Carbon/Koto - 83.0g - 5.75mm - 1320Hz

WP_20191118_14_56_15_Rich.jpg

WP_20191118_14_58_30_Rich.jpg

View attachment 20140

View attachment 20141

View attachment 20142

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Unfortunately the little time i had the blade in my hands didn't allow me to reach any conclusions, and now the blade is sold. I will try to get some feedback from the player who bought it.

looks great, would love to see Reviews on how it plays
amazing job

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I like the contrast in between the woods... Great choice for eye.... Hope it plays as good as its looks

Thank you bobplus. It plays great, I was looking to step down a little in speed, this blade plays in the ALL+ range but with a solid feeling. Great control and spin potential without feeling hollow.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
There are not a lot of blades on the market with the core at 90 degrees. The only one I know is the Tibhar Lebesson, there could be others. So I wanted to try that. There are also not a lot of blades with Kevlar fiber, I wanted to try that too. For me this blade plays like a child of a Viscaria and a Long 5. Vislong? Locaria? I don't know, all I know is I like it very much.

Composition: Limba 0º/Kevlar/Limba 0º/Kiri 90º/Limba 0º/Kevlar/Limba 0º - 89.3g - 5.8mm - 1200 Hz
Headsize: 160x150mm
Handle: 102mm

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited: