SDC Handmade Blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
you could try a viscaria composition with JO shape.

also one thing you can try is putting two composite layers next to each other.
donic crest off has this.
it has one layer of zlf next to a layer of carbon.

do you sell these blades?
can you share some prices?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Those are all nice ideas, they are going to the list. There a bunch of ideas that I haven't tried yet.

Yes, these blades are for sale. In fact, most of them are custom orders. I'll PM you with prices.

you could try a viscaria composition with JO shape.

also one thing you can try is putting two composite layers next to each other.
donic crest off has this.
it has one layer of zlf next to a layer of carbon.

do you sell these blades?
can you share some prices?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I'm using a cloth just like that, but only tried the 80 g/m2. As for carbon I'm using 160 g/m2, but I can use other density if required.

What kind of glass fiber raw material you use? A regular fiberglass used for modelmaking or some fancy cloth like this (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32629858126.html)? What density (is that a proper term) of carbon you use (how much g/m^2) (if that is not secret)?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
This one has a similar composition to "Infinity" but the owner requested a thicker core. It feels like a rocket launcher!

Limba / Spruce / Ayous / Spruce / Limba - 89g - 6.5mm - 1400 Hz

1.jpg

2.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
What looks like Koto but isn't?

I also have been playing around with some ideas and materials for the handle. Very satisfied with the result.

Black Walnut / Spruce / Ayous / Spruce / Ako - 88.3g - 5.75mm - 1250 Hz

1.jpg

2_2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Reactions: bobpuls and Sedis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
DSCF3020.jpg

the blade above is walnut-walnut-ayous-ayous-ayous-walnut-walnut 83g 6.4mm cpen that hipnotic made me, the blade hipnotic made is similar to donic ovtcharov senso v1, dr. neaubeaur matador and andro wanokiwami ren off. hipnotic send me my first custom hand made blade, the blade is beautiful everyting is smooth, plys are cut equally, the whitish handle is ohhh so beautiful it gives very nice contrast to the walnut head, it feels very sturdy and solid when holding the blade although i feel some weight on the handle than head, it plays just like othe walnut 7 ply i have played, medium throw on the net, medium trajectory, very hard feel and very contrlled for a 7 ply blade, the only differnce of hipnotic blade made me is little bit more faster but controllable. thank you again hipnotic.

Attachments

• DSCF3025.jpg
    DSCF3025.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,101
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
View attachment 20965View attachment 20966

the blade above is walnut-walnut-ayous-ayous-ayous-walnut-walnut 83g 6.4mm cpen that hipnotic made me, the blade hipnotic made is similar to donic ovtcharov senso v1, dr. neaubeaur matador and andro wanokiwami ren off. hipnotic send me my first custom hand made blade, the blade is beautiful everyting is smooth, plys are cut equally, the whitish handle is ohhh so beautiful it gives very nice contrast to the walnut head, it feels very sturdy and solid when holding the blade although i feel some weight on the handle than head, it plays just like othe walnut 7 ply i have played, medium throw on the net, medium trajectory, very hard feel and very contrlled for a 7 ply blade, the only differnce of hipnotic blade made me is little bit more faster but controllable. thank you again hipnotic.

Thank you for your feedback wappak. It was my first penhold blade so I'm glad it was a success.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
My most requested blade, the Boll ALC and Viscaria composition.

Koto/ALC/Limba/Kiri/Limba/ALC/Koto - 86g - 5.70mm - 1460 Hz

55_1.jpg

55_2.jpg

55_3.jpg

55_4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Custom request

First 3+2 blade for me. I was asked for a hard and fast blade and I think I delivered.

Composition: WRC / ALC / Kiri / ALC/ WRC
Head size: 157x150 mm
Weight: 94.6 g
Thickness: 7.5 mm
Frequency: 2000 Hz

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Custom request

First 3+2 blade for me. I was asked for a hard and fast blade and I think I delivered.

Composition: WRC / ALC / Kiri / ALC/ WRC
Head size: 157x150 mm
Weight: 94.6 g
Thickness: 7.5 mm
Frequency: 2000 Hz

The top ply? What does WRC stand for?