Fastarc G-1 (vs. Baracuda)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
If you absolutely had to pick a Rasanter to replace T05, it would be R47 yes. But they aren't that close. IMO R47 is more linear, easier to use, much better blocking and flat hitting, less sensitive to spin. But it's also lower arc and you have to put your own muscle into the stroke to get good spin out. It rewards committed strokes with good performance. T05 is generally more spinny across a whole range of gears but has all the usual T05 demands - spin sensitivity, catapult, price.

R47 is the better rubber for my needs, but it's a personal decision rather than R47 being a T05 clone or something like that.

Fantastic thanks Andy I needed that sort of review/comparison. How does R47 play away from the table in looping, counter looping and fishing? Also how is it for close to the table attacking and serving? I presume it's quite good in the short game compared to Tenergy 05?
How would the R47 play on a Joo Se Hyuk blade would it suit?
Lastly, what differences do I get from different sponge thicknesses with the R47?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
As the name suggests, the R42 has a sponge hardness of 42° on the ESN-scale (I think they use Shore A), whereas the G-1 has a sponge hardness of 47.5°, so that's a rather significant difference. The R47 would be closer (if we're only talking about sponge hardness).

It's very likely ESN use Asker C, which has a spherical indenter. DHS use Shore A, which has a truncated cone indenter. Because of that, simple translation and direct comparison between the 2 scales are prone to error and not recommended.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Fantastic thanks Andy I needed that sort of review/comparison. How does R47 play away from the table in looping, counter looping and fishing? Also how is it for close to the table attacking and serving? I presume it's quite good in the short game compared to Tenergy 05?
How would the R47 play on a Joo Se Hyuk blade would it suit?
Lastly, what differences do I get from different sponge thicknesses with the R47?

Away from the table looping - it's OK. Spin is good but from distance you have to pay attention to the arc because it stays lower than some of its peers.
Counterlooping - excellent. It's very stable and forgiving of timing/power errors. Counter tends to stay low and nasty.
Fishing - not really my bag, hard to comment.
Close-in - it's solid. Great for flicks, close counters, basic drives. Because it's a bit inert compared to, say, MX-P, you have to muscle backspin openers a bit more than livelier rubbers. Serving is OK but I needed to make some adjustments to get good spin on short serves - needs care to avoid sending the serve into the middle zone.

Much easier in the short game, blocking, than T05 for me. It's easier and more predictable in general. But if you're used to T05 and happy with the way it plays, you'd probably find R47 a bit dead and lifeless. It's all a very personal experience.

I haven't used a Joo so can't say for sure. If you send me a PM I can send you a gently-used sheet of R47 in black ultramax to try out if you want. Might be a bit small for the Joo headsize though.

Thickness - R47 has the new-ish thin topsheet/thicker sponge concept so plays a bit softer than you might expect with 47.5 hardness. I use Ultramax on the FH at the mo and it gives a little more catapult and more headroom when playing harder shots to get spin out of it. Thinner sponges (in general, IMO) tend to play a touch harder, less catapulty, more direct, and you sacrifice top-end spin for a little more straight-line speed. So Max to support looping, thinner for driving/hitting I would say.

These things tend to be very personal impressions and YMMV. Best to try it out if you can. Only way to be sure!

Reactions: ridderz65
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
It's very likely ESN use Asker C, which has a spherical indenter. DHS use Shore A, which has a truncated cone indenter. Because of that, simple translation and direct comparison between the 2 scales are prone to error and not recommended.

You are correct, zeio. ESN uses C; I mixed it up.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
so guys i need to replace my rubber due to deterioration.

is it worth to try out the g1 as baracuda fan?

i am afraid that with harder sponge it will be much less comfort in doing all kind of shots well, esp opening up backspin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Away from the table looping - it's OK. Spin is good but from distance you have to pay attention to the arc because it stays lower than some of its peers.
Counterlooping - excellent. It's very stable and forgiving of timing/power errors. Counter tends to stay low and nasty.
Fishing - not really my bag, hard to comment.
Close-in - it's solid. Great for flicks, close counters, basic drives. Because it's a bit inert compared to, say, MX-P, you have to muscle backspin openers a bit more than livelier rubbers. Serving is OK but I needed to make some adjustments to get good spin on short serves - needs care to avoid sending the serve into the middle zone.

Much easier in the short game, blocking, than T05 for me. It's easier and more predictable in general. But if you're used to T05 and happy with the way it plays, you'd probably find R47 a bit dead and lifeless. It's all a very personal experience.

I haven't used a Joo so can't say for sure. If you send me a PM I can send you a gently-used sheet of R47 in black ultramax to try out if you want. Might be a bit small for the Joo headsize though.

Thickness - R47 has the new-ish thin topsheet/thicker sponge concept so plays a bit softer than you might expect with 47.5 hardness. I use Ultramax on the FH at the mo and it gives a little more catapult and more headroom when playing harder shots to get spin out of it. Thinner sponges (in general, IMO) tend to play a touch harder, less catapulty, more direct, and you sacrifice top-end spin for a little more straight-line speed. So Max to support looping, thinner for driving/hitting I would say.

These things tend to be very personal impressions and YMMV. Best to try it out if you can. Only way to be sure!

Andy, I don't suppose you still have the R47 do you? PM me!

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
so guys i need to replace my rubber due to deterioration.

is it worth to try out the g1 as baracuda fan?

i am afraid that with harder sponge it will be much less comfort in doing all kind of shots well, esp opening up backspin.

Moving between rubber hardness levels is more difficult than moving between rubber brands/types. It's a huge difference.
But you won't know till you try.

Yes, it will be harder to perform shots you rely on, lifting backspin especially will be harder, but on the other hand, if you have the physical power for it, the harder rubbers will perform better and pressure opponents more with more speed and spin.

That said, just replacing rubbers isn't a magic spell, you won't get any of that extra speed and spin unless you're fit and have great technique. Without all that you'll just have a lot less speed and spin.

Last edited: