What is different samsonov force black edition VS samsonov force pro

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Hey everyone
What is different samsonov force black edition VS samsonov force pro? Like : control , looping , speed , touch and .....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Force pro black is way harder. Force pro blue feels softer and slower.

Just checked back test impressions on German TT News forum, and couldn´t find many who´d agree. People mentioned how soft the touch of the Black Edition is (for a 7 ply blade) und how smooth and easy it plays, especially in direct comparison to the "normal" one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
I can still remember that with the blue one i was able to chop using long pips on it in the backhand whereas the black one is way too hard. I can definitely say the black is much faster and harder.

In the tibhar catalogue writes
Fore Pro black edition speed is : -9

I want to know if blade speed be -
Speed is more or less?!

Eventually what is different between:
Speed : -9
Speed : 9
Speed : +9

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
- is slower. I do not really on ratings because i have owned both blades before and there is a significant amount of speed difference between the 2. Black is way faster i have already said it.

So when Stratus Powerwood speed is : 9

And samsonov black edition speed is : -9

We conclude Stratus Powerwood is faster Black edition

that's true?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
I have played with all three.

Stratus Power Wood (SPW) is a 5-ply wood blade but quite thick (~6.2 mm) and it is fast (for 5-ply normal wood blades). It is supposed to be an improvement over Butterfly Petr Korbel (5.9 mm in thickness). But given the big head and big handle, it feels quite bulky in my hand. On the other hand, Korbel has big head but thin handle, so it is head heavy if you use heavy rubbers.

Samsonov Force Pro (SFP) is 7-ply wood blade with thickness only ~6.3 mm. It is fast as well, but because my SFP is only 87 grams and my SPW is 93 grams, SPW is a bit faster from my point of view. Although SFP is 7-ply but it has a bit of flexibility, making it quite good for looping. Besides it is not as head heavy as SPW. It does not feel as bulky as well.

Samsonov Force Pro Blace Edition (SFPBE) is 7-ply wood blade with thickness ~6.8 mm, very similar to Stiga Clipper (~6.9-7.0 mm). It is stiff and a bit harder compared to Stiga Clipper. Speed-wise SFPBE is supposed to be a bit faster compared to SFP, which in general is true. But given the SFP's catapult effect, if you swing big, the catapult effect makes the ball travels faster. So I understand the conflicting reviews in German forum, as one said SFPBE is faster while the other said SFP is faster. Basically it is how you utilize the blade (if you are used to 5-ply blade, then you can utilize the catapult effect better), but overall (in general, for many aspects of the game) I would agree with Yogi Bear, SFPBE is faster.