Xu Xin vs Xu Ruifeng | 2018 Chinese Nationals - interesting match

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RALPDeItkmg&t=327s
I thought it was very bizzare and interesting.

Xu Xin is in low stance, attacking every ball he can, putting a lot of energy into it, trying to win.

Meanwhile Xu Ruifeng stands like my dad would, legs and back completely straight, receives serves in a way that has xu-xin in fits, making no real effort seemingly. Sometimes he puts power into it but mostly he doesn't. There are many points where he simply "gives" xu-xin the point by allowing xu-xin to use his strongest winners, when he doesn't manage to borrow xu-xin's power fast enough in the point to win the point.

Looks like he let xu-xin tire out and beat himself, really.

Though it perhaps wasn't a beautiful match it was very instructive and interesting to watch

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RALPDeItkmg&t=327s
I thought it was very bizzare and interesting.

Xu Xin is in low stance, attacking every ball he can, putting a lot of energy into it, trying to win.

Meanwhile Xu Ruifeng stands like my dad would, legs and back completely straight, receives serves in a way that has xu-xin in fits, making no real effort seemingly. Sometimes he puts power into it but mostly he doesn't. There are many points where he simply "gives" xu-xin the point by allowing xu-xin to use his strongest winners, when he doesn't manage to borrow xu-xin's power fast enough in the point to win the point.

Looks like he let xu-xin tire out and beat himself, really.

Though it perhaps wasn't a beautiful match it was very instructive and interesting to watch

Xu Ruifeng always plays like this. He doesn't play like a typical Chinese player. He's unorthodox and unpredictable, a bit like Koki Niwa. Sometimes his shots are low quality and then they suddenly become very high quality and then they become low quality again, so on, it can kind of break the opponent's rythm and anticipation. Sometimes Xu Xin got easy points but then the next one XRF suddenly hit a quality shot and XX lost the point.
However, this style can also backfire at him.