Training/equipment advices ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Hi to all,

from this season, I was appointed as a coach/player for my university table tennis team (both male and female). All of my players are students, some of them even have a job already, so they can't train very often (we arranged a deal, and they promised they will train at least 2 times a week). They all trained in their younger days (elementary school and beginning of high school, and they had at least 2-3 years of break)

So my questions are :
1) What would be the best training system to reach the highest level, with 4-5 training hours (2 sessions x 2 hours) ? (the two main competitons are in April and May, so we have 7-8 months till then, I feel like we have more then enough time, however I want training to be fun and different from time to time, not just every single training the same type etc.)
2)Question more for me, but it the answer can be implemented in the rest of the team, even better ? What is the best approach in tapering form for those competitions ? I train 4 days a week and will play in 2 different leagues (over 100 matches in the year, but would like to be fresh and on the peak of my form for the competitions for the Uni in late April, and early May))

3)Can someone recommend a relatively cheap rubbers that have a high control and average/solid speed and spin ? Also paddles ? (all-around players)

4)Best paddle and rubbers for defensive player (backhand chop and forehand spin) ?
Thank you all in advance!

Last edited: