Hexer Grip and Powergrip

This user has no status.
Hello guys,

I would like to review two hot Andro brand new rubbers from Hexer series. New Hexers are the next stage of development that combines the best of the previous series Hexer and Rasant. Both of these rubbers were launched at the end of August and they are promising us a new solution to our plastic problem. Specifically, these rubbers have a topsheet made of 100% natural material. This trend has already begun, and besides Andro itself, we can see natural rubber for example at Xiom (Vega Pro) or Stiga (Mantra series).

Andro Hexer Grip has a porous sponge with a hardness of 45 degrees and a significant green color. I had a red square, a sponge thickness 1.9 mm and a weight of 66 grams. Andro Hexer PowerGrip is his stronger sibling whose most distinctive paper difference is a harder sponge. It has 47.5 degrees, smaller pores and of course the green color. I tested a black square with 2.1 mm sponge and a weight of 70 grams. Packaging of rubbers is classic, black color and the design itself is suited to styling the Hexer series into a hellish origin. The description also reflects a little bit of comparison with TSP Super Ventus and Victas V> 01 Stiff with whom I play. I was keen especially about the Hexer Grip, because it (at least for me) fills a gap in a range of Rasanters. potahy.jpg

I tested the rubbers on the seven-ply Butterfly SK7. Glued with TSP Bio Fix. The first sight after the cut, the rubbers are lighter than its competitors mentioned above, and they added 100 grams to all bats weight.
And now to the game. The first impression while playing were positive. The rubbers played absolutely steadily, well balanced. Spin potential of the rubbers is enormous. In terms of stiffness, I would say that the topsheet is at the bottom of the medium hardness, it is not sticky, but it is quite adherent. Topspins are really easy to play, I was getting more and more sureness to play the opening topspin from BH. Overally, I would say that my confidence increased in BH topspin game. The Grip seems to be a bit slower and "more technical" than Stiff, which is more direct. Spin is excellent from both rubbers, with Grip I feel spinning was little bit easier.

Topspin from the FH side was steady. The contratopspins were extremely safe. Hexer PowerGrip is quite similar to Super Ventus in this way. Overally I thought the ideal space was rather closer to the table up to mid-range. Generally, for both rubbers (and more generally not just these two rubbers) the deeper a ball sink into the rubber the more controlled ball you get. Adapting to short play wasn´t problematic thanks to the similarities of rubbers I am used to.

In fact, it is quite possible that the Hexer Grip, at the thickness of 1.7 mm, would be found on a lot of defenders blades with no surprise. Its ball feeling is outstanding.

Conclusion. New Hexer series offers well made, quality rubbers for a plastic era. The softer Hexer Grip is slightly slower, with excellent control and a slightly higher arc. It has higher tolerance for mistakes. Ideal for players who are developing and want to increase their confidence and self-esteem in the strokes they are drilling. Hexer Powegrip is faster, sharper with a slightly lower arc. It's really the faster brother of the Grip, the rubbers are very close to each other. I think these rubbers are absolutely amazing substitution of older Hexers with all modern elements of todays game style.

In one word - Hexcellent.

houby.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
This trend has just begun, and besides Andro itself, we can see natural rubber for example at Xiom (Vega Pro) or Stiga (Mantra series).

Hi, in an otherwise very good review you might want to change the part about Vega Pro - if a "trend has just begun" an old rubber like Vega Pro (from 2010) would surely not be part of it?

This user has no status.
Hi, in an otherwise very good review you might want to change the part about Vega Pro - if a "trend has just begun" an old rubber like Vega Pro (from 2010) would surely not be part of it?

Changed the word just and I hope to get intended meaning. Probably a problem with my English ;) Thank you.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
More like the awakening has begun. All that marketing crap shoved down people's throats between 2014 and 2017 have come back to bite them.