HuiPang-07 (HP-07) Robo review

says beginner (rating 700)
May 2019
I just got this off Ebay, but I'm waiting on my 40+ balls to arrive from China, so it'll probably be a couple more weeks before I can use it.

I've read that the first version of the HP-07 can't handle 40+ balls, but the latest version can.

While I wait for the balls to show up, I'm wondering if there's a way to tell which version of the HP-07 I have?

Here's a photo of some stickers on the box:
i.imgur.com/EjcXAaY.jpg

What's concerning to me is that the stickers say "HP-0700001V1". I hope the "1V1" doesn't mean it's the first version that doesn't take 40+ balls. Anyone have any idea?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hi there... maybe i can give my opinion.. i bought the s6 pro version (now there is also a new version with new controls on the controller) and it's very good. It has also the net to catch the balls.
Maybe if you buy 07 version and the net you will spend the same money but you can put the robot where you want (s6 version is built to be placed at the middle end of the table - fixed position).
About the quality i think they could have the same excellent quality. After 30/40 hours 0 problems.
If u need more support ask me without problems, also fromthe Aliexpress team you can have a big support, wendy is very very kind and available for questions.
Bye

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
Hi Guys,

Anyone using HP-07 robo currently? if yes, would you recommend it?

Hey dude, sorry but I won't recommend it until you can spend a good amount and buy a costly and a good reputative robot. Coz such robots' variations they serve are artificial and won't give you a natural feel for the game. So, you won't be able to practice the way you must be planning too. Saying from my personal experience AS I've already used it for an year approx and now I don't use it anymore instead I tell my mate to help me practice by throwing balls by hand, as in a multiball session.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I have this exact robot. I got this in January of this year. Paid $200.

I can tell you without hesitation that this robot is perfect for me and 100% what I was looking for.

- Affordable. $200 is a steal. I'm a family man and justifying to the family spending $600+ on a robot would have been hard to do.
- Can shoot plastic balls
(I've asked another user prior to purchase and they said they were using the Butterfly 40+ ball. I've ran the DHS D40+ and not only have I not had a single jam, the hole to feed the balls is so big, I couldn't imagine there ever being a jam)
- Can shoot no spin. You can only get this with 2 or more wheeled robots
- Can oscillate

If it sounds like I'm glowing over this robot it's because I am. For what I was looking for, I really couldn't possibly be happier.

I got this one specifically.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BGSSXH1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
These are decent robots for the money. My issue with them is the poor tragectory they provide. They do an ok job simulating backspin pushes and balls with slight topspin are ok. Heavy spin balls just do not have a realistic tragectory. This is something the more expensive robots do a much better job with.

It can also be a pain changing the ball flight.

Again, for the price they are worth it. Just don't expect too much out of it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vikkutt
May 2019
I got my 40+ balls and they seem to work fine in the HP-07.

A couple questions though.

1. There is this piece of metal inside the hole where the balls come out. It sticks out into the ball path, although it doesn't prevent the balls from coming out. But is it supposed to be like that, or should I try fixing it?

metal.jpg

2. The power cord is frayed near the controller and I can see the inside wires. Is that safe?

powercord.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016

A couple questions though.

1. There is this piece of metal inside the hole where the balls come out. It sticks out into the ball path, although it doesn't prevent the balls from coming out. But is it supposed to be like that, or should I try fixing it?

2. The power cord is frayed near the controller and I can see the inside wires. Is that safe?

1 - I've never looked inside the hole of my robot but i'm assuming that's there also. if it shoots out fine I say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

2 - That's probably not great. You could return it but if you don't feel like doing that, I'd then put some electrical tape around that a few times to be sure that's secure. If nothing else, cover the wires.

May 2019
1 - I've never looked inside the hole of my robot but i'm assuming that's there also. if it shoots out fine I say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

You think you can take a look at some point? I'm concerned the balls will get damaged if they're always scraping against that piece of metal as they shoot out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
You think you can take a look at some point? I'm concerned the balls will get damaged if they're always scraping against that piece of metal as they shoot out.

I still have my robot, but it is all packed up in a box, and since I have the model with the net, it is not easy to take in and out of the box. I hope someone else can confirm this for you.

Also, after looking at this again I think the plate is there by design. It is a deflector plate which I believe is insuring that the balls come out of the tube at a more consistent angle and direction. Without that plate forcing the balls to come out of the tube in that one direction, they would be free to bounce around in that tube and exit at different angles.

If the balls are just hitting the flat part of that plate and deflecting I would not worry about it. I have a Power Pong 3000, which is basically the same as the Butterfly Amicus. It uses 3 outer deflector plates to steer the ball onto the table. The top one which gets impacted pretty hard and it has a protective strip on it. The outer ones are just aluminum plates. So, if this is just a deflector plate to help guide the ball as it exits that tube, I would not worry about it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016

I'm editing this post in comments I made. Just found it.

I just looked at my robot. Reached my finger in.

And before my 1st ball that will shoot out I saw the spring, metal thing. It's very flexy. I have no idea what it is. But it's secure and it shoots the balls out just fine.

I'm sure it has some purpose but rest assured, it'd designed to be that way. Mine has it too. I'm not worried about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: delerious
May 2019
I'm editing this post in comments I made. Just found it.

I just looked at my robot. Reached my finger in.

And before my 1st ball that will shoot out I saw the spring, metal thing. It's very flexy. I have no idea what it is. But it's secure and it shoots the balls out just fine.

I'm sure it has some purpose but rest assured, it'd designed to be that way. Mine has it too. I'm not worried about it.

Thanks for checking!

Reactions: suds79
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017

View attachment 19203

the wire shielding seems ok, so it is...
you can talk at your local electronics shop with a consultant and show a photo, they should be able to help. There are some solutions to fix it like special tapes (or tubes if you manage to put it on) that you wrap around, heat them with a heat gun and they shrink...

Reactions: suds79
May 2019
Another question I have about the HP-07:

My topspin knob goes all the way down to 1 and clicks there so it's totally off. I can feel the top wheel inside the head stop moving.

But the backspin knob only goes down to 2 and it doesn't click off. When it's at the lowest setting, I can still feel the bottom wheel inside the head moving. Is this just my unit, or is everyone's like that?