Butterfly Tenergy 05 Hard

Interesting. Earlier this year Tenergy 05C and 09N were also added to the LARC. Checking out LARC 2018A just now I see Tenergy 05 HARD listed there (14.033) -- next to Tenergy 05 (14.001), Tenergy 05N (14.031) and also Tenergy 09C (14.032).

No news about 05N and 09C yet?

They're likely registered so pro players can play legally with them. Not for public sale.

Just my opinion...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
After Bluestorm Z1(BTY Moonbeam AL) to Tenergy 05(BTY TB ALC) I feel wider margin for the topspin stroke. I mean, when I spin with Z1, I need certain stroke to make the topspin, which keeps me doing the same stroke and same form. But when switched to Tenergy 05 I realized I started to do more lazy spins and not well formed topspin stroke. Do you guys think that switching to T05 Hard for forehand fix that?

This user has no status.
After Bluestorm Z1(BTY Moonbeam AL) to Tenergy 05(BTY TB ALC) I feel wider margin for the topspin stroke. I mean, when I spin with Z1, I need certain stroke to make the topspin, which keeps me doing the same stroke and same form. But when switched to Tenergy 05 I realized I started to do more lazy spins and not well formed topspin stroke. Do you guys think that switching to T05 Hard for forehand fix that?
Prehaps it will give you more support

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
a medium tenergy 05 would be cool but a tenergy 05 hard will be to hard xD, i want a new szlc blade with limba haha

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I'm still waiting for the tacky rubber Boll talked about testing.

Anyway, we have Butterfly indirectly confirm in the press release that top players play with harder sponge T05 all along.

They stress that T05 Hard is for advanced players who have high swing speed to make use of the harder sponge. With the harder sponge, the rubber is harder to wield(control) and heavier in weight as well. Players who find it difficult to handle should opt for T05 or T05 FX that may fit their level and style better, instead.

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

I think this is a clever marketing strategy. I doubt it will be that much more difficult to use than T05, just different. I bet they will charge a ton for it to make the buyer feel even more special.

I think that with this huge hardness difference T05 Hard would be much more different from T05, than is the differene between Omega 5A and O7A, and even between O5Tour and O7Tour. I think that T05 players would find it as a totally different rubber, rather than a T05 version. So for me the marketing trick here is not in the performance specifications, but in the very name of T05.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
It seems like they are just copying what every other company is doing. (Rasanter R50, Omega VII Asia, Mantra H, MX-S, etc...)

Have it backward there. ESN is the copycat here. Butterfly has had a tradition of releasing Hard version for their previous series, such as Bryce Hard and Roundell Hard. Even before that, Sriver was available in a hard sponge version, known as "kawatsuki", or "with skin" in English. Mark V has its own "kawatsuki" sponge as well and it is still available to this date!

jdeVcsd.jpg

d0h44B4.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 2018
I think this is a clever marketing strategy. I doubt it will be that much more difficult to use than T05, just different. I bet they will charge a ton for it to make the buyer feel even more special.

I expect it to play and feel like the T05 when it was first released in late 2008. If people remember, the T05 in the first 1 year or so was firmer in feel than the ones later on.

Jan 2018
November 1st, 2018 in Japan, China and US, effectively global launch?

MSRP is ¥628 in China, same as every other Tenergy. $79.99 in the US, same as other model of the series.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
It is all BS

Yet another rubber. If this new T05H uses the same spring sponge then how is it different from T25?
What force or impulse can T05H apply that can't be done with T05?

I can see where many will prefer a harder sponge but I doubt that T05H will be better.

I see the charts above. That is all marketing BS. What property of T05H makes it better in these areas?
Inquiring minds want to know. I doubt anyone can explain. Convince me/us.

What force or impulse can T05H apply that can't be done with T05?

I can see where many will prefer a harder sponge but I doubt that T05H will be better.

Comparing rubbers to evaluate actual properties is one thing, and it may be objective.
But "better" is always a subjective conclusion.
It's always "better for whom".
"Harder sponge" is just an objective comparison. But the actual performance of a particular rubber depends on many other elements in the rubber system. And evaluating this performance as "better" or not is just a personal feeling.

This user has no status.
It's always "better for whom".
"Harder sponge" is just an objective comparison.

Exactly. It might be better for pros who can tame it or hit hard with consistency. For me, harder sponge especially on the bh isn't better. I prefer dwell which allows more forgiving shots at my level. Smart move by Butterfly though. Everyone wants access to what they think the pros use.

Reactions: AndySmith