Updated and all English infographics

butterflyttofficial_BpuO0s8BpGH.jpgbutterflyttofficial_BpuO1EyhhX8.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Need to try it soon
You are in control, not the rubber.
The rubber has no feed back. You do.

BTW I still play with T25. What is the difference? I can still make slow loops close to the table. T25 has bigger pips so it appears harder because force is distributed over a larger area.

My T25 is over 6 years old and still plays well.

Tell me. What force or impulse T05 hard can generate that T25 can not. Tell me what T05 can do that T05 hard can not. I bet nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: nivekkan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Do you think they will follow with T80 Hard, T64 Hard, and T25 Hard?

Depends on how big the market is I guess. If 05 Hard is a massive hit I'm sure they'll consider it, but it's hard to say how popular it will be. 05 has always been the big seller for BTY, so an extra variant makes more sense for it than, say T25 which is far more unpopular.

That said, a T64 Hard might be interesting to the modern defense crowd who like the lower-arc of T64 at the moment but want that harder-sponge feeling.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
BEWARE OF BOOSTING !!!!!!!!

Any boosting apparently disagree with the hard porous sponge, making it a mashy substance near unplayable.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I have played with it for 4-5 hours now .. it has a lot of potential but you need technique to engage the sponge for low impact shots like serve etc. Its great for countering .. as great as Hurricane ... for blocking you need to be a little more precise than regular 05 but its not that difficult to adapt ..

I have used it for both backhand and forehand .. it definitely gives you more spin and power if you can engage the sponge .. and with very minor loss in control ...

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I agree with ttmonster's assessment on general principles.

Hard sponge in general requires a forceful direct impact to make the most of it. Some players have this impact.

Unfortunately, despite all the rumors of Der_Echte being Rambo, I do not have that king of impact on FH wing, except for two kinds of fh strokes. That is not enough to justify for me to use a hard sponged rubber on FH...

BH wing could use it, but my preferences there also are not hard sponge, even if I can handle it.

I know. Confessing one is a softie is tough for a guy... but get on the other end of my loops and you wont call me a softie.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
does someone need to engage the sponge for a short serve?

Hard sponge in general requires a forceful direct impact to make the most of it. Some players have this impact.

Unfortunately, despite all the rumors of Der_Echte being Rambo, I do not have that king of impact on FH wing, except for two kinds of fh strokes. That is not enough to justify for me to use a hard sponged rubber on FH...

BH wing could use it, but my preferences there also are not hard sponge, even if I can handle it.

I know. Confessing one is a softie is tough for a guy... but get on the other end of my loops and you wont call me a softie.

For me its a great pleasure to read your posts, really, but this time I can't agree, so excuse me.

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
As usual floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee, huh Der_Echte ?

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I used T05H on a stiff defensive blade on Sunday, a Nittaku Resist II which is made of birch and hardened snow willow, it was an impossible rubber to do anything with other than smash and counter everything with full force. I suspected that the medium/hard and quite stiff blade did not pair well with the rubber so I moved it to a Virtuoso- that I recently picked up. What a night and day difference, the softer and more flexible blade made T05H a completely different rubber. The only way I can describe it is that T05 and MX-S had an affair and gave birth to T05H. It isn't easy to get high spin on serves, but it's possible with the right technique, I found you have to go slower into the ball to get the spin which seemed counter intuitive to me at first. Blocking is child's play and you can vary placement and length really well. Slow loops require a fast snap wrist brush motion with thin contact, forget any sinking into the sponge as it's not going to happen lol, it's HARD. Countering is incredible, with just an all-wood 5 ply Virtuoso- I could counter straight through the opponents disgustingly spinny brush loop low over the net with ridiculous power and precision. Pushing is low and I have never forced so many balls from the opponent into the net, the spin on heavy pushes is comparable to Hurricane III and you can keep it tight to the net like chinese rubbers too. I think like MX-S this rubber is going to be picky with blade choice. For sure, if you hit the ball really hard like the pros do then you could slap it on an ALC or ZLC blade and counter everything your opponent throws at you like it has nothing on it. However, for mere mortals my view is that this rubber allows you to use a simple 5 ply wood blade to gain control and feeling on both sides but gain multiple gears from dead short touch shots going up to rocket speed when countering hard, and every gear in between. You do have to be careful when opening up, I found that 50-60% power or even less is enough to get a quality speedy shot with lots of spin, if you go to hard into opening up you are likely to hit long unless you can hit it hard enough to compress the sponge, which is HARD. I have been an ALC/ZLC junkie during the latter stages of my EJ journey, even though I play with LP on BH, the combination of Virtuoso- and T05H is by far the best all round setup from 50+ I have tried and my EJ'ing is over. The kicker for me is that having changed to D.TecS 0.5mm due to OX behaving worse with the plastic ball, the slower all-wood blade gives me the control I need on BH to control this rubber with sponge for disruptive blocks, low and fast chops from mid distance and unreturnable pip hits on higher balls to my BH. I have not been so happy with a setup since I came back to playing 6 years ago. Stick your carbon blades in the trash, go get a Conic (best handle ever btw) Virtuoso- and a sheet of T05H for your FH and never look back. If you don't mind the weight and you block and push on BH then it is great on that side for controlling the game and you will get tons of spin with even the slightest use of the wrist. However, if you loop/powerloop on BH then I think you will find T05H tricky to use as the throw gets high real quick with added power on BH so I would imagine it's either slow or very hard (think Pitchford and Fan Zhendong backhands). That's my two cents for now, a very happy cured EJ.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I hope someone who has the T05 Hard can make a comparison to FastArc G-1 and Omega VII Tour since it seems like those 2 rubbers are the ones with the same specificiafion as the T05 Hard

I’m that type of FH Rambo, which is why i actually liked FastArc G1 over T05 on FH

Harder sponge also just gives you that stability when hitting hard