Butterfly Tenergy 05 Hard

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
G-1 is a lot softer in overall feel and has less gears i.e. it is quite slow until you get into the ball but when you hit with 70%+ power it explodes, there aren't as many gears in between as T05H. G-1's throw is also high pretty much all the time, even when countering, whereas T05H's throw goes from very high on thin brush contact to low and straight on hard counters. I also found with T05H it is easy to keep heavy pushes low, with G-1 you have to adjust the angle to stop the ball popping up. You engage the sponge much later with T05H, but on those 70% power shots the speed and spin is much much higher than with G-1. I would always use G-1 with a solid and fast all-wood or composite blade to gain stability and give it the power needed to finish a point. T05H is such a beastly rubber that you just don't need a blade more than OFF- or any carbon because the rubber itself gives all the power and stability you need. With both G-1 and T05H you need to be active in defence far from the table so that you engage the sponge to get the ball back over the net, with rubbers like MX-P you can block passively from quite a distance due to the earlier onset of catapult.

I haven't played OVIIT but I have played Pro and Asia, Asia obviously being the closest in hardness. OVIIA is actually fairly similar to T05H in terms of overall hardness, catapult behaviour and spin. However, the throw is much lower and longer which caused me to miss the end of the table more than with T05H which if hit correctly has a tighter arc. You can produce very heavy pushes with OVIIA but I couldn't keep the ball close to the net as easily as with T05H because the soft and thin topsheet is somewhat elastic, and that is the second key difference between the rubbers along with the throw. Personally I haven't got on with the thin topsheet rubbers of the latest generation because I find them less stable and more sensitive than thicker topsheet rubbers like G-1 and MX-P. I can't seem to gauge the amount of wrist and power to use as well to get my desired result as it's so easy to get through the topsheet and go into the sponge which results in the onset of catapult. For me, T05H is a superior overall package than OVIIA, G-1 isn't even in the same league and feels outdated at this point with the plastic ball. However, if you are able to pick OVIIA or Tour up for 30%+ less than the price of T05H and you train a lot and go through a lot of rubbers, then I can see why you might go with Xiom, as the performance difference is probably more like 10-15%. I have a feeling though that T05H may last longer than those rubbers because a thin topsheet in my mind has to wear out quicker so it might end up as false economy. The moral of the story here is much the same as all the talk around MX-P vs T05, when you consider the overall playing characteristics and especially the durability, T05 is the better rubber, but people will still buy MX-P (I have been for 3 years) because at £30-£35 a sheet and the ability to buy it from TT11 and trigger their discounts it can make more short term economic sense. It isn't half frustrating though when the rubber then dies after 2-3 months of use and you have to repeat the process again, whereas your T05 might be chipped to hell round the edges but it will still be playing at 70-80% of it's original state.

In summary, if you want to play with a fast composite blade then G-1 is your friend. If you are happy with a moderate to medium speed all-wood blade then you can consider T05H or OVIIA/T, but the latter will still require better technique and more training as these new rubbers are super powerful and can be sensitive to marginal errors in timing and bat angle.

G-1 is a lot softer in overall feel and has less gears i.e. it is quite slow until you get into the ball but when you hit with 70%+ power it explodes, there aren't as many gears in between as T05H.

Would it mean that innerlayer composite blades are not very suitable for G-1?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
The T05H has less catapult just like any hard 50 degree rubber vs the T05R and as a result is more stable in close to the table play. I have never played with the T25 so I cannot compare but the T05H is not an easy rubber to play and does require more attention but it creates precise placement with good spin and speed. I am using a Limba-ayous OFF- blade.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
For me its a great pleasure to read your posts, really, but this time I can't agree, so excuse me.

No excusing needed. The impact dynamics of each player are different. We can all see it differently. Often, there is no ONE way for everything.

says https://allxpsoft.com Windows Live Messenger for...
says https://allxpsoft.com Windows Live Messenger for...
Nov 2018
Do you think they will follow with T80 Hard, T64 Hard, and T25 Hard?

Reactions: Andyzhao123
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I had a chance to hit with T05 hard for a little bit, and it is a very impressive rubber. Although the sponge feels very firm when pressing with fingers, it does not feel that hard while hitting. From experience, H3 has this slightly "dull" feeling unless you hit very hard, even if the sponge is massively boosted. T05H on the other hand is easier to engage, it feels very nice and yields massive speed and spin.