Seeking Advises To Improve

Seeking Advises To Improve (video)

I'm looking for any tips and suggestions from you guys which would help me to improve my game. Here is a clip of me playing. I'm the one in black. I know my service is illegal. It's a bad habit i have in practice sessions. I highly appreciate your help. Thank You

Last edited:
The best thing is you play with joy and and you have fun. Its the most important thing - to feel happy when playing, no matter in training or in competition.
I like your play. You have the mood of a very aggressive offensive player. Generally you have a good sense for different kind of strokes. What you need is more practice and some systematic coaching.
I would advise you to avoid those kind of smashes. Pay attention to the needed amplitude of the stroke. There is too much lashing when you try to execute a full stroke. Try to diminish the hitting component in the stroke - meet the ball, take it, drive it and spin it, with some strokes you do it very well. And practise your serve - for now its really awful, legality is the smallest problem.
I think you have a great potential to develop fast and well, and some coaching would give best results.

The best thing is you play with joy and and you have fun. Its the most important thing - to feel happy when playing, no matter in training or in competition.
I like your play. You have the mood of a very aggressive offensive player. Generally you have a good sense for different kind of strokes. What you need is more practice and some systematic coaching.
I would advise you to avoid those kind of smashes. Pay attention to the needed amplitude of the stroke. There is too much lashing when you try to execute a full stroke. Try to diminish the hitting component in the stroke - meet the ball, take it, drive it and spin it, with some strokes you do it very well. And practise your serve - for now its really awful, legality is the smallest problem.
I think you have a great potential to develop fast and well, and some coaching would give best results.

Thanks man I was away from competitive play for a while so has lost alittle bit of touch. As you said now i play mostly for fun in weekends with friends but got a hope to play competitively. I used to land most of those big shots. As you mentioned a lot of people have said to hold back a little i'm trying it but it's hard though when you play with your heart ;) . Thanks again for your advice i really appreciate it.

You're welcome.
Yes, you know that you play some kind of "all or nothing".
My advise is when you play with weaker player, do not try to kill him as soon as posible. Use the weaker player to excercise your allaround play - touch, spin, accurate placement, footwork, tactics, try with an allaround play to provoke your oponent to give you the ball in your best attacking zone and be ready for it. With stronger players excercise blocking, defence and counterattack. With much stronger players you may use the "all or nothing" tactics.
And again - coaching always helps.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013

I'm looking for any tips and suggestions from you guys which would help me to improve my game. Here is a clip of me playing. I'm the one in black. I know my service is illegal. It's a bad habit i have in practice sessions. I highly appreciate your help. Thank You

After looking at your video I was going to ask you for advice. haha!