Shot of the year 2011 (Official)

Watch the video below, then choose your favourite shot :)

• 1) Seiya Kishikawa passing backhand shot

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • 2) Joo See Hyuk around the net backhand chop

Votes: 12 8.0%
  • 3) Pierre-luc Hinse (IMPOSSIBLE) around the net shot

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • 4) Quentin Robinot passing backhand shot

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 5) Cazuo Matsumoto behind the back shot

Votes: 24 16.0%
  • 6) Ding Ning spins the ball back onto her side of the table

Votes: 31 20.7%
  • 7) Kalinikos Kreanga backhand counter

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 8) Ma Long received edge ball

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • 9) Mattias Oversjo no look shot

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • 10) Vladimir Samsonov’s passing backhand shot

Votes: 29 19.3%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
All unbelievable points but technically Cazuo's and Oversjo's shots are the most impressive. As I have to go for one, then I vote for Cazuo's behind the back shot, because the opponent (Tsuboi?) was already celebrating!:) Kreanga's shot was also amazing, loved the replay with Schlager staying dazzled!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Currently this video is the 20th most viewed Table Tennis video on YouTube.
It just overtook ttCountenance's most viewed, and is rising at unprecedented speed.
All 19 videos above are from at least 1 year ago, the top three from 5 years ago.
Still plenty of ground to cover, but I'm sure this awesome collection of shots will reach the top in 2012.
Hopefully next year will herald a new global interest in tt and we can have "Best Shots of 2012" do even better ;)

Cheers Dan, you've started the ball rolling on Youtube.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Currently this video is the 20th most viewed Table Tennis video on YouTube.
It just overtook ttCountenance's most viewed, and is rising at unprecedented speed.
All 19 videos above are from at least 1 year ago, the top three from 5 years ago.
Still plenty of ground to cover, but I'm sure this awesome collection of shots will reach the top in 2012.
Hopefully next year will herald a new global interest in tt and we can have "Best Shots of 2012" do even better ;)

Cheers Dan, you've started the ball rolling on Youtube.

Thanks for your very nice comment Matt! :)

How did you get these stats? I think if this video hits 1 million views it will be crazy! Glad you like it, may 2012 be amazing!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
These stats should not be considered 100% accurate.
I just typed in Table Tennis on Youtube and narrowed it down to Sports, then had a look for your video.
It's already on the second page, so i thought I'd just count through the above videos, some of which are not table tennis at all.
The reason I say it might not be accurate is because of videos uploaded in different languages. But there surely aren't many of those with 1'000'000+ views.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Read 3 reviews
Yeah, great video. A friend - who doesn't play table tennis - even sent this through facebook to me. I had already seen it ofcourse, but he couldn't believe his eyes. If it's even reaching non-table tennis players, it's going in the right direction. Good promotion for this great sport

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
These stats should not be considered 100% accurate.
I just typed in Table Tennis on Youtube and narrowed it down to Sports, then had a look for your video.
It's already on the second page, so i thought I'd just count through the above videos, some of which are not table tennis at all.
The reason I say it might not be accurate is because of videos uploaded in different languages. But there surely aren't many of those with 1'000'000+ views.

Yeah I just did what you said TTguru. I see what you mean, there is also a navigation on youtube that allows you to hit 'display videos by upload count'. If the video keeps progressing then lots of people are definitely going to see this one :). I wish Timo Boll would post it to his fans on his facebook wall. Maybe I should of included him into the video. Opps hehe

Although, if we include Matrix Ping Pong, that's the front runner, with over 15million views.

Haha yes that video is so cool and crazily viral. To catch that would need facebook to publish it on everyones news feeds haha :)

Yeah, great video. A friend - who doesn't play table tennis - even sent this through facebook to me. I had already seen it ofcourse, but he couldn't believe his eyes. If it's even reaching non-table tennis players, it's going in the right direction. Good promotion for this great sport

Yeah, it has certainly reached many non-table tennis players Filip your correct. A lot of people I know who don't play table tennis really enjoy this video :). Lets hope some people pick up the bat and start playing :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I just saw amazing thing !!!
They streamed our official youtube video of the shot of the year on our TV!
I mean - we have several TV stations in Slovakia, but this one is one of the 2 main and most viewed.. and the put this compilation at the end of the sport reports.. :)
First they put JOO Se Hyuk vs. Matsudaira shot, then Pierre-Luc Hinse around the net.. Then Cazuo Matsumoto behind the back, and it ended with Samsonov´s backhand smash.. During the backhand smash I could see the 10 in the top right corner, so no doubt about it was this official video! :D

I think - Dan - did they ask you about permission? I dont think so.. I think you can sue them, lol :D

Anyways, nice one at the end of year :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I just saw amazing thing !!!
They streamed our official youtube video of the shot of the year on our TV!
I mean - we have several TV stations in Slovakia, but this one is one of the 2 main and most viewed.. and the put this compilation at the end of the sport reports.. :)
First they put JOO Se Hyuk vs. Matsudaira shot, then Pierre-Luc Hinse around the net.. Then Cazuo Matsumoto behind the back, and it ended with Samsonov´s backhand smash.. During the backhand smash I could see the 10 in the top right corner, so no doubt about it was this official video! :D

I think - Dan - did they ask you about permission? I dont think so.. I think you can sue them, lol :D

Anyways, nice one at the end of year :)

That's great, it is really going everywhere xD Better not sue TV stations for bringing TT to the public haha :p

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews