What's the cheapest euro-style tensor rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Read 1 reviews
Thanks anjoooo, that might be a very good option for me for blade testing.

I've seen Kokutaku's rubbers before but couldn't really tell which are euro-style and which are chinese-style.

Do you know the hardness of the one you recommended and which other rubbers of theirs is euro-style?

I would say these are euro-style. However, they're definitely less bouncy than the Rasanters I'm using now. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with their other rubbers. I would say that the hardness of this rubber is medium-soft. I don't know the exact hardness degree.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Hello Mr. Jordan Thanks for reaching out. My email is...
Jan 2018
Checkout Zeropong, they have several low cost options, great customer service. You may be able to find something there.

Jan 2018
Youre welcome. Read the description on each individual rubbers, I think they have all styles. Check Gambler Aces and Sevens on zeropong. If you select Aces from the assembled bat replacement section it is $10. Let us know what you pick eventually.

What do you say is the main difference between Euro v Chinese? Tackiness? Hardness? May be a complicated answer but if you have to give a short answer what would you say? I dont know a lot about these differences, learning here.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Youre welcome. Read the description on each individual rubbers, I think they have all styles. Check Gambler Aces and Sevens on zeropong. If you select Aces from the assembled bat replacement section it is $10. Let us know what you pick eventually.

What do you say is the main difference between Euro v Chinese? Tackiness? Hardness? May be a complicated answer but if you have to give a short answer what would you say? I dont know a lot about these differences, learning here.

Thank you again ttdad. The two rubbers you mentioned sound like they could be good options. I'm going to email Zeropong to find out more. I'll let you know what I eventually pick, I'll probably test a few cheap options mentioned by various members before settling on one for volume.

The main differences between Euro & Chinese style rubbers is tackiness and hardness, the Chinese-style rubbers being very tacky and in general much harder than the European/Japanese-style ones. Other TTD members can probably provide more detailed information on the differences, but that's the gist of it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Jan 2018
[FONT=&quot]Check out Dawei 2008 from colestt.[/FONT]

This user has no status.
Thanks MDP, I've considered the Vega Europe DF (37.5 deg) before but this is purely for testing a bunch of blades side-by-side so something cheaper will do. There's the Vega Intro which is the cheapest of the Vega series but it's too hard (47.5 deg surprisingly).
Then get the ORIGINAL Vega Europe. A bit cheaper than the shiny new DF version.

Thanks MDP, I've considered the Vega Europe DF (37.5 deg) before but this is purely for testing a bunch of blades side-by-side so something cheaper will do. There's the Vega Intro which is the cheapest of the Vega series but it's too hard (47.5 deg surprisingly).

Vega Intro is 43 deg., not 47.5 deg., and is just a little bit harder than the very soft Vega Europe. Not a big difference in hardness, but is different in play. The soft tensors have a very well expresed trampoline effect with softer touches and mid-strength hits. As Vega Intro is designed for beginners, this strong trampoline effect is diminihed a little bit with the little bit harder sponge. Thus, without being faster, the Intro is more precise and contoleble and provides better feel of the quality of the stroke. Plus that the Intro has more linear feef at different distances from the net to mid distance.
So because of all these I think that the Intro may be the very best "blind" rubber for testing several blades simultaniously, especially if the tests are intended to provide general information about how a blade would act with tensors /and tenergy/.
About "tensor-like rubbers' - I find only tenergy to be tensor-like, and vice-versa.