What's the cheapest euro-style tensor rubber?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi, I'm looking for a cheap euro-style non-tacky tensor rubber (or close to tensor feeling) preferably under 40 deg sponge hardness (on the European scale) for good control.

The plan is to eventually order it in volume to use for side-by-side blade testing

The best option I've found so far is the Air Illumina Delta (35 deg) at $16 a sheet.

Do you guys know of other cheap euro-style rubbers including from Chinese brands that would fit the bill?

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I used this for a while: https://revspin.net/rubber/kokutaku-blutenkirsche-868-tokyo.html

It was fine for a while but I wanted more speed and I upgraded to Rasant. It was good for learning the basics.

Thanks anjoooo, that might be a very good option for me for blade testing.

I've seen Kokutaku's rubbers before but couldn't really tell which are euro-style and which are chinese-style.

Do you know the hardness of the one you recommended and which other rubbers of theirs is euro-style?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
You can't really go wrong with any of the Xiom Vega series.
Vega europe or vega elite will probably be the hardness you are looking for.

Thanks MDP, I've considered the Vega Europe DF (37.5 deg) before but this is purely for testing a bunch of blades side-by-side so something cheaper will do. There's the Vega Intro which is the cheapest of the Vega series but it's too hard (47.5 deg surprisingly).

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi Thomas!

Of course your best bet for extra-cheap is one of many European style Chinese rubbers, but I've always been wondering about the Neottec rubbers which are often on special on TT11. Maybe worth sending them an email for further description?

Salut, bonne idée on the Neottec rubbers! Will do.

Could you name a few of the Euro-style Chinese rubbers you know?

Hi Thomas!

Of course your best bet for extra-cheap is one of many European style Chinese rubbers, but I've always been wondering about the Neottec rubbers which are often on special on TT11. Maybe worth sending them an email for further description?

Neotttec Kattana and hinomi M are good, me and some of my frinds have it

Some question about this rubbers?

Last edited:
Yasaka Rigan is 40-42 degrees

Thanks anjoooo, that might be a very good option for me for blade testing.

I've seen Kokutaku's rubbers before but couldn't really tell which are euro-style and which are chinese-style.

Do you know the hardness of the one you recommended and which other rubbers of theirs is euro-style?

Reactions: thomas.pong