Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys,

Here's our latest review with the legend Damien Eloi looking at the new 018 andro blade series. We primarily focused on the blade that Damien uses within the range, the Treiber FO. We compared this to the Ligna CO and tried some of the other blades within the series.

Watch the review below, it was a pleasure to spend a few hours with Damien, hes a great guy and also very funny.

Have you tried any of the blades from the new andro range? Let us know in the comments!

This user has no status.
Dan your explanation was fantastic far better then in the past. dan could you review the Palio Ak47 is a cheap but good rubber for the low end of the market they say

I use it already. Best cheap alternative for European rubbers. Tried all of them RED,BLUE,YELLOW and all of them have distinct characteristics. But would be a pleasure to have Dan use and review it :)

Reactions: 729B2
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Have you tried any of the blades from the new andro range? Let us know in the comments!

I have actually tried the Treiber FO, which you could say follows the discontinued Kinetic Supreme Zylon Hinoki. It plays quite similar, yet I found it extremely top-heavy. That, and the handle being much thicker than that of the Kinetic, ruled out the Treiber to be my next blade. Otherwise, fantastic.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Greetings everybody! I am new here!
Direct to my question:
Hey Dan! I really like your channel and especially your review videos!
And fortunately you started videos on the new andro blades. I am really interested in them, because for more than 10 years now I am playing the same blade, which is the Andro Kinetic CF Carbon Off-. Right now I feel the time is coming for me to change my blade, because it already has a few scratches at the sides and it will be for sure a lot slower than the time I bought it (10 years of sweat and blood). The thing is: I really like all of the characteristics of my blade. The only thing is - it could be a bit - just a bit - faster. So I checked the construction and found the the Layers of the Kinetic CF Carbon Off- are Kiri, Carbon, Ayous, Koto. So the Carbon Layer is around the core (for what they call it off-). A nearly identical construction can be found in the new Treiber CI and Treiber FI. Except the outer layers aren't Koto, right?
Will you make videos on Treiber FI and Treiber CI? I really hope so.
Otherwise: Can you tell me the difference between the FI and the CI (I know its another material but how exactly does it affect playing)? The Ligna series would be great as well, but for me it seems a bit too expensive. I am really struggeling to chose new material - can you please help me with that? That would be awesome! Keep up the good work!
Big Up! Mongotree

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
What can you say about Andro Flaxonite Driver? Why did the blade stop producing? What does Damien Eloi say about this?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
What can you say about Andro Flaxonite Driver?

From experience, it plays like nothing else I´ve ever had. All wood feeling with a bit of extra power, unlike that provided by carbon fibres. Great touch, good control.

Why did the blade stop producing?

I guess that they weren´t able to sell enough of these. Maybe the design didn´t help ...

What does Damien Eloi say about this?

I have no idea.

But there might be a successor some day.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
From experience, it plays like nothing else I´ve ever had. All wood feeling with a bit of extra power, unlike that provided by carbon fibres. Great touch, good control.

I guess that they weren´t able to sell enough of these. Maybe the design didn´t help ...

I have no idea.

But there might be a successor some day.
Thank you. I know Sabine Winter had a Andro Flaxonite Driver blade. But judging by the latest videos, she now uses Andro Novacell OFF.

This user has no status.
I made purchase of Andro Treiber FI ST and it is not even close what Andro is claiming to be. First of all the weight it said to be close to 90gr for the blade and mine come in with 79.9gr. Second the blade is very slow, between ALL AROUND + to -OFF, very straight throw and requires lot of swing to bring the ball and I am playing with Donic Bluefire JP01 and JP03. My friend has the same one and the only difference is his is handle is Anatomic. He is rated 2100 and we talked last night about the blades and he expressed the same issues. I think Andro is misrepresenting and lying about these blades, they claim that this blade is very offensive with high throw arc. I usually play with two of my Viscaria`s and I felt like I went 5 gears down all of sudden.Shame on Andro for lying and trying sell something that does not reflect what is written on they website specs for the blades. Der_Echte knows both of us and our ability to play too so Mr. Dan this should be on you for false advertising too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Before making childish accusations better stop relying on advertisement specs without using your brain. Somehow anger seems to make people blind and react headless.

First of all wood is a living material. None is like the other. If you take to same sized pieces of wood from the same tree the denser wood weighs more and will play and feel better. Going for lightweight blade will always sacrifice speed, angry young man.

IMHO you should ask the seller to replace the blade for one of the weight you want before you make more idiotic accusations, except you enjoy to look like that.
[Emoji6]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
You level of intellect is impressive and I admire your language calling me idiot. Danke.

Before making childish accusations better stop relying on advertisement specs without using your brain. Somehow anger seems to make people blind and react headless.

First of all wood is a living material. None is like the other. If you take to same sized pieces of wood from the same tree the denser wood weighs more and will play and feel better. Going for lightweight blade will always sacrifice speed, angry young man.

IMHO you should ask the seller to replace the blade for one of the weight you want before you make more idiotic accusations, except you enjoy to look like that.
[Emoji6]

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
You level of intellect is impressive and I admire your language calling me idiot. Danke.

Glad i could brighten up this darkness in your rant.
Makin a hate speech and then feeling victimized for being called out on that.

Exactly my type of humour.
[EMOJI106]

Last edited: