andro Treiber FO blade review with Damien Eloi

This user has no status.
There isn`t any rant against Andro or any othe manufactures, just speaking the truth about the products. I contacted Andro and talked to gentlemen name Bjorn who admits the have problem with their Treiber series blades.

Glad i could brighten up this darkness in your rant.
Makin a hate speech and then feeling victimized for being called out on that.

Exactly my type of humour.
[EMOJI106]

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I made purchase of Andro Treiber FI ST and it is not even close what Andro is claiming to be. First of all the weight it said to be close to 90gr for the blade and mine come in with 79.9gr. Second the blade is very slow, between ALL AROUND + to -OFF, very straight throw and requires lot of swing to bring the ball and I am playing with Donic Bluefire JP01 and JP03. My friend has the same one and the only difference is his is handle is Anatomic. He is rated 2100 and we talked last night about the blades and he expressed the same issues. I think Andro is misrepresenting and lying about these blades, they claim that this blade is very offensive with high throw arc. I usually play with two of my Viscaria`s and I felt like I went 5 gears down all of sudden.Shame on Andro for lying and trying sell something that does not reflect what is written on they website specs for the blades. Der_Echte knows both of us and our ability to play too so Mr. Dan this should be on you for false advertising too.

I somehow didn't read this thread until now... three days after the fact...

YES, Der_Echte knows t95mwp and knows t95mwp has a severe affliction of his mind.

t95mwp95's affliction is telling the truth (as he sees it) and not worrying about pissing anyone off. That isn't such a bad affliction, I have it too.

I would have to hit with the blade to know myself, but I am sure it would perform way different from a low 90s version of the same blade.

In defense of Andro or any other blade maker, when you mass produce blades, you can get some wild variation in weights. It is not uncommon for a blade model to average upper 80s grams and have some of the production models come in at 78 grams. Some companies deliberately make some, or many light, often by hollowing out the handle as a means to control the weight.

The recently released Nexy Arche is a close to OFF- wood blade with feel and spin (much like the Andro, but a little less dynamic) and its weight range for sale is 75-89 grams. I myself would not like to use a mid 70s grams version of that blade, but that does appeal to a lot of a type of player, so they sell it.

In defense of t95mwp, one of my 2100 friends, the one who is not a forum member here, tried out one of t95mwp's Viscaria that was a little on the light side, and really liked its spin potential and feel with moderate speed and wood feel. Granted, this guy strikes the ball a lot differently than t95mwp and Der_Echte strikes the ball different than anyone. (I get good spin out of Karis and many get medium) If my friend who could be named Scoobie Doo who likes Tweety Bird, if he says it is slower than it should be, then it is... but I don't think he tried the 89 gram version and I think he would feel different about it.

I still say a 90+ gram model of that Andro blade would be night and day. Many OFF blades that average in upper 80s... that blade at 78 grams will naturally play slower and different. Usually less dynamic. Some can still play dynamic at a lower weight... the Donic Persson Powerplay I use is pretty light by my standards, but can spin the cover off the ball with a decent high arc.

OP, maybe you did not specify a weight or a weight range acceptable at order time. I would certainly be disappointed if I ordered a 90 grame blade and got 79.

Maybe ttd member erm has one handy I could check out...

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
If the blade was ordered from tt11, or a site that does not have the buyer select the weight, then I can understand. The weight description shows ave 90 grams, but you really don't know what weight you are getting. It is advisable in such a case to request a weight range when ordering.

This might motivate me to add a "variant" of a blade when adding a blade product to my website, so a buyer could select the exact weight of the blade in stock. Fortunately, so far, what I order from Korea is a pretty narrow weight range, usually within 5 grams or less.

Note that a pro offensive style layer usually gets one of the heaviest blades of the production run, so it isn't surprising the model used in the review wasn't light.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Kim Jung Hoon also just got sponsored by Andro, I will have to check him out when I get to Korea next year and see for myself what he uses and what it weighs, the last time I ran into him, it was before he left for Bundesliga and he liked the heaviest and fastest of the test blades offered.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Well, the tone of this post

I made purchase of Andro Treiber FI ST and it is not even close what Andro is claiming to be. First of all the weight it said to be close to 90gr for the blade and mine come in with 79.9gr. Second the blade is very slow, between ALL AROUND + to -OFF, very straight throw and requires lot of swing to bring the ball and I am playing with Donic Bluefire JP01 and JP03. My friend has the same one and the only difference is his is handle is Anatomic. He is rated 2100 and we talked last night about the blades and he expressed the same issues. I think Andro is misrepresenting and lying about these blades, they claim that this blade is very offensive with high throw arc. I usually play with two of my Viscaria`s and I felt like I went 5 gears down all of sudden.Shame on Andro for lying and trying sell something that does not reflect what is written on they website specs for the blades. Der_Echte knows both of us and our ability to play too so Mr. Dan this should be on you for false advertising too.

is completely different to this one here.

There isn`t any rant against Andro or any othe manufactures, just speaking the truth about the products. I contacted Andro and talked to gentlemen name Bjorn who admits the have problem with their Treiber series blades.

Well, it came across like a rant, and that was mostly what made me react. So nothing personal, but as i wrote before and also as Der_Echte has pointed out: the weight is most likely the major issue right here.

I bet if you would get hold of a Viscaria in 79 grams you would also instantly dislike and dismiss it.

Anyhow, since you wrote this

I contacted Andro and talked to gentlemen name Bjorn who admits the have problem with their Treiber series blades.

I'm sure Björn Helbig as the product manager should know quite well what he's talking of.
The only way to solve these weight issues is that you specifically select the weight.
Andro could probably also do this before manufacturing (most likely they already do), but i am quite sure if you search for 'em you will find lightweight versions of E V E R Y blade that exists out there! So it's very likely that this could have happened with ANY brand.

That's why I wrote that accusing Dan of false advertisements wasn't looking very far sighted.

Last edited:
This user has no status.

Hi,

I feel that I should leave another comment because I do not agree with this.
This is exactly what I wrote in my email to you replying to the weight question:

Indeed we have to admit that the blades we received from the first production series are slightly lighter than expected.
When fixing the weight for catalogues and advertisements we have to rely on the several production samples we received in advance.
In case of Treiber FI such samples we are all at approx. 90 gram.

In the meantime we received further shipments and we can see that following blades are coming closer to 90 gram (please check the picture attached to this mail / picture showed a blade with 89 gram).

Although we still would like to mention that wood is a living product. Every tree is different and so we expect that the weight of a blade can differ around 10% from the weight mentioned in a catalogue.

As you can see I explained that it is possible that blades may appear on the markets with a slightly lower weight due to common production tolerances (approx. 10%) as well as a lower average weight in one particular shipment of Treiber FI (this is the only point I admitted). I never said that there is a general "problem with their Treiber series blades".

Some people said it here: "Wood is a living product." This means that some tolerances or differences are a matter of course.
This is why I do not agree with your interpretation of my statements like "gentlemen name Bjorn who admits the have problem with their Treiber series blades."
Personally I do not see a general problem. In fact we regularly check the quality of our products and by sending you a picture of a random blade from our stock with 89 gram we proof that the displayed weight of 90 gram is real.

Beside that you mentioned some criticism regarding the playing characteristics.
Please understand that we did not receive a single comment until today that underlines the mentioned points.
In fact the feedback is absolutely satisfying. andro pro players like Kamal Achanta (Treiber CI OFF) or Sabine Winter (Novacell OFF) regularly deliver proofs for the quality of our new blades.

By the way:
I am happy to answer any kind of questions on our products. ;-)

Best regards from Germany
Björn

This user has no status.
Greetings everybody! I am new here!
Direct to my question:
Hey Dan! I really like your channel and especially your review videos!
And fortunately you started videos on the new andro blades. I am really interested in them, because for more than 10 years now I am playing the same blade, which is the Andro Kinetic CF Carbon Off-. Right now I feel the time is coming for me to change my blade, because it already has a few scratches at the sides and it will be for sure a lot slower than the time I bought it (10 years of sweat and blood). The thing is: I really like all of the characteristics of my blade. The only thing is - it could be a bit - just a bit - faster. So I checked the construction and found the the Layers of the Kinetic CF Carbon Off- are Kiri, Carbon, Ayous, Koto. So the Carbon Layer is around the core (for what they call it off-). A nearly identical construction can be found in the new Treiber CI and Treiber FI. Except the outer layers aren't Koto, right?
Will you make videos on Treiber FI and Treiber CI? I really hope so.
Otherwise: Can you tell me the difference between the FI and the CI (I know its another material but how exactly does it affect playing)? The Ligna series would be great as well, but for me it seems a bit too expensive. I am really struggeling to chose new material - can you please help me with that? That would be awesome! Keep up the good work!
Big Up! Mongotree

Does any one know wood composition for Trieber CI blade? the outer two layers are Limba or it is Koto top layer and Limba second layer

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Read 1 reviews
Just wanted to add my 2c here. I bought the Treiber FO recently as I'm looking for a replacement to my Temper Tech OFF. I've been looking for a blade that is as stiff as my Temper Tech OFF and the Treiber FO is definitely stiff enough. However, so far the dwell has been less than the Temper Tech OFF so looping with it has not been that great yet. It could be that I just need to keep using the blade and it will loosen up over time. It's certainly a fast responsive blade similar to the Temper Tech OFF. Also, the handle is a bit thicker than the Temper Tech but I haven't made up my mind as to whether it's more comfortable or not.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Hi,

I feel that I should leave another comment because I do not agree with this.
This is exactly what I wrote in my email to you replying to the weight question:

As you can see I explained that it is possible that blades may appear on the markets with a slightly lower weight due to common production tolerances (approx. 10%) as well as a lower average weight in one particular shipment of Treiber FI (this is the only point I admitted). I never said that there is a general "problem with their Treiber series blades".

Some people said it here: "Wood is a living product." This means that some tolerances or differences are a matter of course.
This is why I do not agree with your interpretation of my statements like "gentlemen name Bjorn who admits the have problem with their Treiber series blades."
Personally I do not see a general problem. In fact we regularly check the quality of our products and by sending you a picture of a random blade from our stock with 89 gram we proof that the displayed weight of 90 gram is real.

Beside that you mentioned some criticism regarding the playing characteristics.
Please understand that we did not receive a single comment until today that underlines the mentioned points.
In fact the feedback is absolutely satisfying. andro pro players like Kamal Achanta (Treiber CI OFF) or Sabine Winter (Novacell OFF) regularly deliver proofs for the quality of our new blades.

By the way:
I am happy to answer any kind of questions on our products. ;-)

Best regards from Germany
Björn

Why is Sabine's blade still listed as Flaxonite Driver? https://www.andro.de/inside-en-gb/players/andro-proteam/sabine-winter-en-gb/