blade from chinese national team player ( ma long , zhang jike, yan an, li xiaoxia )

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
So a Yinhe 896 blade with ML’s signature and “Proof of Ownership”, would somehow have more value than an 896 with ML’s signature and no proof of ownership?
naturally, yes. That's the whole point. Why do people like autographs? Not because they look nice, but because someone significant to you personally made them. It's not about the physical thing, it's about the soul of the object, so to speak. Holding in your hands the blade that Ma Long or Zhang Jike once used to play some actual table tennis feels very different than if it was just a brand new blade with a signature.

Reactions: RidTheKid
Silly for you and trivial. Not for collectors that i know. You are missing the point. I am just making a statement here that when a person is selling here it should be backed with proof to prove what he is saying is true.

Yogi, are you actually saying that, if the blade is not the actual model the player used but it can be proved the player “owned” the blade, that it would somehow be worth more?

So a Yinhe 896 blade with ML’s signature and “Proof of Ownership”, would somehow have more value than an 896 with ML’s signature and no proof of ownership?

This seems very silly to me.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: RidTheKid
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
naturally, yes. That's the whole point. Why do people like autographs? Not because they look nice, but because someone significant to you personally made them. It's not about the physical thing, it's about the soul of the object, so to speak. Holding in your hands the blade that Ma Long or Zhang Jike once used to play some actual table tennis feels very different than if it was just a brand new blade with a signature.

It seems you must have misunderstood my point because in one sentence you seem to be arguing against my point and in the next sentence you make the exact point I made.

So let’s look at some details:

1) all of the blades above are brand new and have not been used.
2) the ML blade is not even the version of the W968 that ML uses.
3) therefore, there is no chance that ML played with a blade that has never been played. Same with the other blades.

So, my theoretical example was:

If ML bought a crate of Yinhe 896 blades (a blade ML does not and has never used) and autographed them and sold them, and provided “proof of ownership” even though he never USED the blade, would they be worth as much as if it was actually a blade ML actually owned and played?

Maybe I should provide a more accurate example:

If ML had a crate of W968 blades, but they were a different version with a smaller head and a different handle, a version ML had never used and had in fact rejected, but signed and sold them, with a “proof of ownership”:

1) would that be worth as much as a blade ML actually used in practice, training, or in tournaments that he autographed and sold after having used it?

2) would that be worth any more than if a fan came up to him with that different version of an W968 blade and got him to sign it?

In my opinion, from my perspective:

1) a blade ML actually used that has his autograph is worth much more than a blade ML had, never used but signed and sold.

2) I don’t see much difference between a W986 blade that ML had in a crate for the sole purpose of autographing and selling—where he never had any intention of playing the blade—and a fan buying the W968 and asking him at a tournament if he would sign it.

In instance # 2 the main issue, from my perspective is:

Is the autograph authentic?

But if you feel it matters whether ML actually owned it even though he never intended to even test the blade, then we just have different perspectives.

And I guess that is fine.

But from my perspective, the issue of whether Panany’s blades are worth it is, ARE THE AUTOGRAPHS AUTHENTIC, and I don’t know. But I have a feeling they are. [emoji2]

So, what is the autograph on the blade worth to you?

If your answer is different than Panany’s asking price, then just move on.

If you think the autographed blade is worth the asking price, then that is totally your right to choose.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Well I thought after matches players sometimes go to the audience. I thought you can just ask them for their signature. My friend has a blade signed by Harimoto. My friend told me he gives his signature to the audience. So its basically buying the signature of the player. We also have no proof that the player actually personally signed them and gave it to him. So, Zhang Jike blade might just be a viscaria with his signature on it. I think you can just buy the blade and ask the player to sign it after competition.