Want to buy the DHS W968 blade - who

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Hello guys,

i want to buy the DHS Hurricane w968 blade (flared), do you know where i can buy it,

my main blade is the innerforce layer alc (i don't like the hollow feel from the DHS Hurricane Long 5 - do you think it will be a better blade, i hope it has a good sweetspot too and is not so hollow)

thank you very much

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
The w968 will not be a lot different from the HL5. It feels stiffer has better feel and quality. But don't expect something totally different. The first edition of W968 has WRB handle so HL5 and the rest of the W968 have that as well. Maybe that's the reason u feel the hollowness

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
thank you very much, with the hl5 i struggled with the controll, sometimes to power was to overhelming and a could not pinnpoint and play tacticaly because i must everytime be aware of the power und uncontrollness :D

i hope this will be better with the w968, how is the dwell time and throw/catapult, is it easy to kill backspin balls :D i know the blade will not be a wizard blade but for the money i expect something special :)

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
thank you very much, with the hl5 i struggled with the controll, sometimes to power was to overhelming and a could not pinnpoint and play tacticaly because i must everytime be aware of the power und uncontrollness :D

i hope this will be better with the w968, how is the dwell time and throw/catapult, is it easy to kill backspin balls :D i know the blade will not be a wizard blade but for the money i expect something special :)

Disappoint is on your way bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
W968 is just a hype that makes you think that the blade will be the best in the world and will make all my balls go like turbo and shit; however, my friend the truth is everyone wants to be like Ma Long; but, behind the success lyes years of training, a coach, constant new learning and physical fitness to train for hours daily.
Blade and Rubbers are 20% the remaining things I mentioned are 80%.

If you give a PG5 blade to MaLong he will still be the same as he is with W968.

I am not saying that equipment does not matter; but, what I am saying is you should invest in that blade only if you are training hard enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
how fast will the w968 be, faster than a timo boll zlc ? or on the level of a alc blade, i suggest to put a tenergy 80 in 1,9mm on the blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
how fast will the w968 be, faster than a timo boll zlc ? or on the level of a alc blade, i suggest to put a tenergy 80 in 1,9mm on the blade

IMO it is slower than a Viscaria thus slower than TB ZLC. Some say that it is par with the Buttefly outer ALC blades depending on which weight you get.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
thank you very much, is it really dat slow (in contrast to the HL5) because i had the hurricane long 5 and it was the fastest beast i ever had, than i think tenergy 80 in max will be ok :D,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
thank you very much, is it really dat slow (in contrast to the HL5) because i had the hurricane long 5 and it was the fastest beast i ever had, than i think tenergy 80 in max will be ok :D,

No I would say it is slower than the HL5. It is just a bit slower than Viscaria. It is fast because of the flexibility. Most rubbers goes with the blade. Don't worry about that. Question is if you can control it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
thank you very much, i can handle speed level like the viscaria with max rubbers, do you know the victas koki niwa und timo boll zlc do you think with tenergy 80 they will be to fast, ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
thank you very much, i can handle speed level like the viscaria with max rubbers, do you know the victas koki niwa und timo boll zlc do you think with tenergy 80 they will be to fast, ?
It is a bit of topic but here goes. Vistas has to Koki Niwa blade one is Koki Niwa Wood which is like the TSP SWAT Power and the Koki Niwa which is like the Quartet AFC. Which one are you referring to and are u asking if the setup will be too fast with the combination of T80?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
i mean the fastest koki niwa blade, not the niwa wood, sorri for the off topic, i suggest to try the tenergy 80 in max on the victas koki niwa (5+4 Aramid carbon) and on the timo boll zlc but i don't know if the max will be to fast on the two blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
i mean the fastest koki niwa blade, not the niwa wood, sorri for the off topic, i suggest to try the tenergy 80 in max on the victas koki niwa (5+4 Aramid carbon) and on the timo boll zlc but i don't know if the max will be to fast on the two blades

Maybe you will get used to it. The most important thing is that u can control the setup in match situations. Try 1.9mm first and then max

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
does dhs w968 go well with tenergy 05 on the forehand? Or will it feel better with harder rubbers like mxp 50 or tenergy 05 hard on the forehand?

Reactions: proximang