[CNT Tutorial] Ep 8: Fan Zhendong's FH Back-to-back Quick Loop

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Hi Zeio. Really appreciate the subbing you're doing. It really adds to the learning available from clips such as this.

Could I just check on the meaning of a couple of words, please?

When the word "lax" is used, you don't mean "not careful", which is the usual use of the word in English, are you? (Example: He was lax in his approach to finishing the job.) My impression from the video is "relaxed", which is the much more common word.

When the word "sufficient" is used, do you mean "adequate, enough", or is it trying to say "achieving maximum productivity with minimum wasted effort" which would be "efficient"?

Reactions: Suga D
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Glad you find it helpful.

As to your questions, no, not the primary meaning of lax. According to Oxford Dictionary, the secondary meaning of lax is synonymous with relaxed. It saved me 4 keystrokes. ;-)

2 (of the limbs or muscles) relaxed.
‘muscles have more potential energy when they are stretched than when they are lax’
More example sentences

I agree "efficient" sounds more reasonable but Shifu meant "sufficient" in the video, sufficient as in "more than adequate."

Take the first instance for example, "因为樊振东的整体的发力非常充分", for which the literal translation would be "because FZD's overall force generation is very sufficient".

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Thank you very much. I need to make extensive use of the mini step like he says at the end. Vs zero now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
That video illustrates beautifully how to use lower core to generate power and fast recovery. FZD uses squat in his mid-distance power shots better than anybody else. This is one area HZ still needs improvement fast