Does anyone have the same rubbers on both sides?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I am currently using Butterfly Rosena on forehand and backhand on a DHS 301. I like to attack on both wings and also serve forehand and backhand. To be honest I cannot imagine using a slow spinny rubber on one side and fast on the other and would confuse myself if I twiddled between the two.

Does anyone here use the same on both side and why? Are there any professional players who use identical rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
yes tenergy 80 on backhand and forehand, many pros have the tenergy 05 on the forhand and backhand (some the 05 on forehand and 80 on the backhand), why not when you like the rubber on both sides,...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
I used a slower rubber on my bh, but some years ago I changed to the same rubber on both sides (Tenergy 05) and have not looked back ever since. The same rubber on both sides works well for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Thanks for interesting replies. I suppose there is some advantages when serving by changing from a fast rubber to a slow and spinny one or from slow to fast.

I sometimes change from black to red or back again when serving even though I use the same rubbers. This may put some doubt in the receivers mind that the ball may spin a bit more or I am about to fire a quick serve.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I tried Rhyzer 48 on backhand but it was a bit too much, so I went back to 43 quickly. I think using a slightly softer rubber for backhand is actually ok. If I wanted to go for the same rubber on both sides I would have gone for Rhyzer 43 two sides. 48 is a rocketship that is not easy to control on backhand, specially on fast incoming loops.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Yes! I am playing with Nittaku Danish and Xiom Omega 7 Pro 2.0 on both side ...

Hi AmiciSumus. Can I ask why you have such a range of blades and rubbers listed on your reply. Do you you use one for matches against a defender and a different one for attackers or do you just enjoy the feel of playing with changed speed/spin/control combinations. I would struggle to play with such different bats (and the cost!).

Reactions: langel
Hi AmiciSumus. Can I ask why you have such a range of blades and rubbers listed on your reply. Do you you use one for matches against a defender and a different one for attackers or do you just enjoy the feel of playing with changed speed/spin/control combinations. I would struggle to play with such different bats (and the cost!).

Hello Silver Smasher :)

What can I say! ... I dont change my blades against different players or playing style ...
I have just start play again after a 30 years break so they last 6 months have I tried out different blades and rubbers.
In the first did I love the Nittaku Danshi blades, but now do I play with Xiom blades so I have to update my Blades equipents!

I think now I have found my best combi and that is
Xiom Feel ZX2 blade with Xiom omega 7 Tour 2.0 on FH and Xiom omega 7 Asia 2.0 on BH. My spare blade is Xiom Omega Tour with Xiom omega 7 Tour 2.3 on FH and Andro Rasanter R47 1.7 on BH.
I also fancy the Mizuno Q4 rubber so I will try that on a Xiom Vega Pro blade together with Xiom omega 7 Tour rubber.

Yes you can say I have used some money to found the best/right Combi!
The buying of 1 Ply Kiso Hinoki blade was just for fun! But it is a fantastic blade, but perhaps to fast and trampoline effect for me yet ... Yesterday did I buy me a blade from Siam. A 1 Ply Japanese Kiso Hinoki 500 Years 1 Plywood > Just for Fun!

Cheers!
Ray
ynwa ;-)

42374641_1920629381363768_3438912831381045248_o_edit.jpg

42529462_1920628994697140_7707822380407586816_o_edit.jpg

Last edited:
I think now I have found my best combi and that is Xiom Feel ZX2 blade with Xiom omega 7 Tour 2.0 on FH and Xiom omega 7 Asia 2.0 on BH. My spare blade is Xiom Omega Tour with Xiom omega 7 Tour 2.3 on FH and Andro Rasanter R47 1.7 on BH.
I also fancy the Mizuno Q4 rubber so I will try that on a Xiom Vega Pro blade together with Xiom omega 7 Tour rubber.

Congratulations!
As I see you are used to Xiom blades and rubbers. My mane blades are Xiom Vega Tour, the one with Omega 5 Asia, the other with O7Asia. I've tested Feel ZX2 and ZX3 and still I think that the Vega Tour blade is much better ballanced, has better control and better feel and excells in spin. Of course it may be just my personal fit, but its worth to give a try.

Hello Langel,
Yes I have loked at Vega Tour, but it is not so many left out there.
I found one on Ebay, but it is prette expensive vs Vega Pro, Omega Tour, ZX2 AND ZX3 ....
If I found one in decent price will I perhaps try it out ...
If you like Xiom rubbers should you try out Mizuno Q4 ;-)
Cheers!

Reactions: langel