This user has no status.
Jan 2016
cache.php

Someone should tell her its not the proper place to take a crap

Reactions: zeio
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
@zeio it ain't over till its over. She will have her day of glory. maybe in Tokyo Team Olympics ? i wish so ....

I think she should change her coach. Do things radically differently because she's been trying hard and there is absolutely no sign of improvement against the top Chinese.

In the past sometimes, she has played great the first 1-3 games of a match vs CNT then fades to lose as her intensity level drops.

She has improved, a change of coaches might give her a fresh new look to inspire her.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Some comments by Japanese folks on 5chan.

試合は負けたが、実況アナウンサーの語りがなかなか良かった。
絶叫もオーバーリアクションもなく淡々と喋っていた。
あと隣にキモイ褒め殺しの卓球評論家もいないから聞いてて気分良かった。
Despite the loss, the announcement of the live announcer was quite good.
There was neither screaming nor overreaction, and he was speaking idly.
I was happy to hear that there was no gross backhanded compliment table tennis critic next to me.

わざわざ日本人に勝つなよ、どうせ中国人に100%負けるんだから

しかも毎回毎回
Don't bother. Japanese can't win, because they lose to the Chinese 100% anyway

Every single time

石川佳純さん、引退してください!
いつも中国にボロ負けでは卓球が人気になどなりません。もう邪魔をしないでください
Ishikawa-san, please retire!
Table tennis does not become popular when it's always straight-game defeat to China. Please do not stay in the way

Unsurprisingly, a comment in response by a netizen with the handle "Kasumi fan 1":
ような話をするのは卓球界を冒涜することになる。石川が今日負けたからと言って引退すれば
他の選手は全て引退しなければならないことになる。石川の人気で日本の卓球が存在してることを忘れてはいけない。
A comment like this will blaspheme the table tennis world. If I tell Ishikawa to retire just because she loses today, then all other competitors will have to retire. Do not forget that Ishikawa's popularity is what supports Japanese table tennis.

用具を変える前も丁寧に4-0
用具変えて筋トレしても4-0

才能って辛いね
Before changing the setup, DN 4-0
Even if you change the setup and train muscle, still 4-0

Talent - it's so painful

毎回当然のように鄭怡静に勝つ伊藤みまってすごいんだなと改めて思いましたね
他の日本選手だと中国選手以外にすらまだ安定して勝てない
石川選手が昨年の香港選手に続き、今回は台湾選手にまで負けてしまったのは非常にショックです
石川選手の場合は打倒中国よりも前に、香港&台湾という大きな壁が待ち構えているようです。なんとかクリアしてほしいですね!!
I thought once again that it is amazing that Mima Ito beats CIC
Other Japanese players still can not consistently beat even non-Chinese players
It is a shock that Ishikawa was defeated by the Taiwanese player this time following the Hong Kong player of last year[Ishikawa suffered 1st round defeat at the hand of Lee Ho Ching, whom she had never lost to]
In the case of Ishikawa, before beating China, a big wall like Hong Kong & Taiwan seems to be waiting. I hope she can somehow clear that! !

Last edited:
Reactions: ping fun
Jan 2018
@zeio it ain't over till its over. She will have her day of glory. maybe in Tokyo Team Olympics ? i wish so ....

I think she should change her coach. Do things radically differently because she's been trying hard and there is absolutely no sign of improvement against the top Chinese.
I actually predicted in late 2016 that Ishikawa would have a difficult time going forward and needed to change, and that Ito and Hirano showed more potential.

She has had various coaches the past several years. She actually was under coach Li Lu in late 2010 when she was still in high school. In 2013, she told the reporter once that she didn't have a fixed coach. Starting in 2014, she was coached by Chen Lili. In preparation for Rio, she switched to Li Lu again in early 2016 and till now.

She has improved some, especially against choppers. However, the general consensus in China is that her game is too "straight". CNT doesn't fear her because of that. So I doubt changing coach will help.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Well I do not agree with your points.
Let's say Mima Ito is the main threat for CNT - she plays very powerfull and also the pace after playing with a chop changing the rythm, so it is not very easy to adapt. Of course she plays very risky and if she can keep high percentage she can win, if not she is loosing.
MIU - she had just one great competiton beating all CNT (besides LSW) but soon after that they studied her service and now she is even easier opponent then Kasumi.
All other players like Sato, Kato, Hayata can be the threat for all others besides chinese.
Kasumi is the second threat after mima for CNT and even if she is easy to beat still she is better then all european players and probably better then all players besides China. So you can insist she should retire but who is gonna come???
I think overall she is missing powerfull shots that is why when facing china players who use a lot of power she cannot win rallies.

Jan 2018
This is why I said the East and West are not on the same page. Folks don't understand the CNT mentality here. Players who have reached the top before are just different. China is wary the most of those who have done that, especially on the big stage.

See Li Sun's comments shortly before WTTC 2018.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
This is why I said the East and West are not on the same page. Folks don't understand the CNT mentality here. Players who have reached the top before are just different. China is wary the most of those who have done that, especially on the big stage.

See Li Sun's comments shortly before WTTC 2018.

I agree with you. One cannot dismiss Miu HIRANO. She is only 18 and achieved a lot already. Yes, she's been in a slump for more than 1 year now and doesn't have significant results. But please remember that when she won WC, then became National Champion then won the Asian Championships, nobody was talking much about ITO who wasn't doing much. Then suddenly she got some great victories. Miu is still young and has the potential to get better and learn new techniques.

I just hope that she will regain form in time for the Tokyo Olympics.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I understand Li Sun is a coach who can we trust, but he did not say anything special, just that Miu is recovering - whatever it means.
If you watch her last match with Ishikawa few days ago, she was just destroyed same way as DN destroyed Kasumi. I understand she is still young but I really do not see anything new for a long time from her. Same serves, same tactics.
Regarding threat for CNT there is only Ito now and the rest can fight for single sets or miracle.

This user has no status.
I understand Li Sun is a coach who can we trust, but he did not say anything special, just that Miu is recovering - whatever it means.
If you watch her last match with Ishikawa few days ago, she was just destroyed same way as DN destroyed Kasumi. I understand she is still young but I really do not see anything new for a long time from her. Same serves, same tactics.
Regarding threat for CNT there is only Ito now and the rest can fight for single sets or miracle.
Pretty much i would say the same bang on !

This user has no status.
Remember how young some of these players like Hirano are. Even some Olympic champions were not even on the scene internationally at her age and she already has a World Cup (albeit without Chinese) and Asian Championship to her name. She has lots of time to develop her style.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi