Which balls are used internationally?

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Sanwei are Table Tennis England's official ball for the 2018/2019 season. DHS are also good, as are Joola Flash. Wouldn't touch Butterfly with a bargepole. For some reason the Nittaku balls aren't going down very well at my club - possibly because they go shiny after a few uses, but more likely because they're heavy and don't bounce so high. Everyone seems to like Xushaofa though - different strokes for different folks.

Reactions: langel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
I couldn't find Sanwei 40+ ABS 3 star balls for a lower price than DHS's equivalent. I did, however, find Sanwei 40+ ABS 2 star balls for only $ 0,25 each when buying 100. Sounds like a great deal, assuming they aren't that much worse than the 3 star balls.

Edit: I guess I stumbled upon a somewhat misleading title, apparently the balls I've seen weren't Sanwei balls.

3W.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mohammad Ahmed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
We use a lot of Joola Flash balls, and they’re quite good. They break often though. Xushaofa is also very good. Butterfly is aweful. It looks shiny, plays weird, and sounds like a broken ball, and does not spin at all. Tibhar was ok as well but I haven’t played a lot with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
USATT balls for events is either Nittaku, Butterfly or the Joola ball. But around here most people play the Nittaku ball because that's what's most common in tournaments.

Our club uses the DHS D40+ ball. It's more affordable and I think it's vastly superior to the Nittaku ball. I honestly don't really like the Nittaku ball. It's hard as a rock compared to the DHS ball, which is softer with slightly more flex. I've seen the Nittaku ball crack from a bounce off the floor into the wall. It simply doesn't give. It cracks.

Furthermore, because of the slight flex & dwell, I'm convinced the DHS ball spins ever so slightly more.

But I know there are others at club who disagree. Ask 10 different people on this subject and you'll get 10 different opinions.